Bees International Watch

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Bees International Watch

Postby ninestein » 06 Sep 2019, 22:36

Ireland U21's won 1-0 against Armenia. Jack Taylor was an unused sub. Latvia U21's lost 1-0 to Poland and Matrevics was also named on the bench. Unsurprisingly he didn't feature. Not sure when Cyprus U19's play...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 5389
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby barnetjohn » 06 Sep 2019, 23:08

Pity that neither played. Especially for Jack as he'd got some game time in the summer and has been playing so well for us this season. I hope he gets to play in their second game. And hopefully experience of being in the squad will benefit both.
barnetjohn
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 02 Oct 2011, 18:28

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby #Beebot » 07 Sep 2019, 08:20

I cannot find anything to suggest that Cyprus U19 have a fixture this week. They have Euro qualifying in November. Maybe just a training camp this week?
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby BeeDeceived » 07 Sep 2019, 09:01

As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.
BeeDeceived
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 28 Feb 2019, 16:58

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby #Beebot » 07 Sep 2019, 10:13

BeeDeceived wrote:As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.
Have you got a source for this - I can't find anything anywhere!
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby BeeDeceived » 07 Sep 2019, 13:28

#Beebot wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.
Have you got a source for this - I can't find anything anywhere!



Consider it sourced https://www.instagram.com/p/B2EhPxwF0EX/?igshid=19g3axudsnzjg
BeeDeceived
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 28 Feb 2019, 16:58

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby Psycho » 07 Sep 2019, 14:32

So with just one of the three international players featuring, what was the point in calling off the two fixtures? I'd be really pissed off if I'd have bought train tickets and planned the weekend in Flyde/Blackpool.
Psycho
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 20:20
Location: Sussex

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby BeeDeceived » 07 Sep 2019, 14:42

Psycho wrote:So with just one of the three international players featuring, what was the point in calling off the two fixtures? I'd be really pissed off if I'd have bought train tickets and planned the weekend in Flyde/Blackpool.


This makes no sense. How could the club no whether they’d play or not? And they’d still not be available for Barnet...
BeeDeceived
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 28 Feb 2019, 16:58

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby barnetjohn » 07 Sep 2019, 18:14

BeeDeceived wrote:
Psycho wrote:So with just one of the three international players featuring, what was the point in calling off the two fixtures? I'd be really pissed off if I'd have bought train tickets and planned the weekend in Flyde/Blackpool.


This makes no sense. How could the club no whether they’d play or not? And they’d still not be available for Barnet...


Agree. Only thing that matters for both officisl rules and Barnet FC squad depletion is that the players are called up and hence not available for us to select.

Whether or not they play doesn't change merits of postponement, consequences for us or anything else from a Barnet FC perspective.

I hoped they would all play because I want them to get the most out of the call up. Matrevics was unlikely to play anyway but great that Vasilou played. I' m sure playing at that level improves and motivates them as players.
barnetjohn
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 02 Oct 2011, 18:28

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby finchleyman » 08 Sep 2019, 12:35

International matches are far more important than Conference league games.
finchleyman
 
Posts: 1612
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 21:37

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby #Beebot » 08 Sep 2019, 13:19

BeeDeceived wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:As per Cyprus FA social channels, Cyprus U19’s beat Turkey 1-0 (took place in Riga, Latvia) and Antonis Vasiliou started.
Have you got a source for this - I can't find anything anywhere!



Consider it sourced https://www.instagram.com/p/B2EhPxwF0EX/?igshid=19g3axudsnzjg


Thanks!
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby alexbach » 08 Sep 2019, 13:38

It's tricky,quite possibly will never be repeated,but I Reckon Darren Currie did the right thing.All three rightly saw it as possible step up in their international career.And only jack was likely to have an inkling of the competition

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 773
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby Reckless » 08 Sep 2019, 15:24

Of course he did the right thing. 2 weeks off after an 8 game August, would be missing our best player plus our back up keeper for 2 games, at least 4 maybe 5 of DC's
starting players injured and others with niggles giving them vital recovery time. Hobson's Choice in my opinion.
User avatar
Reckless
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:53
Location: Potters Bar

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby PBBee » 08 Sep 2019, 15:51

Agreed - good decision as it stands although who knows who else maybe injured by the time the games come around.

Results went out way yesterday on the whole as well.
User avatar
PBBee
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Re: Bees International Watch

Postby letchbee94 » 08 Sep 2019, 16:52

Is there another international game for our players during the week?
letchbee94
 
Posts: 5828
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

cron