Martyn Box

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Martyn Box

Lewes vs Leatherhead replay finished 2-2 and goes into extra time.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ETBee

Lewes won 3-1 on penalties. Box did not take one.
hoppy

Martyn's 28 day loan to Lewes nearly up.
Good to see he has played a good few games for Lewes which won't have done him any harm.
He's still very young and a bit down the pecking order at the moment, so another loan spell may be on the cards for him.
Martin is one for the future.
#Beebot

hoppy wrote:Martyn's 28 day loan to Lewes nearly up.
Good to see he has played a good few games for Lewes which won't have done him any harm.
He's still very young and a bit down the pecking order at the moment, so another loan spell may be on the cards for him.
I'd like to see him back and compete with Hernandez at LB until Johnson and Tutonda are fit, especially with Sparkes also out. Don't think Loic can play 90 minutes every game for now.
becbee

#Beebot wrote:
I'd like to see him back and compete with Hernandez at LB until Johnson and Tutonda are fit, especially with Sparkes also out. Don't think Loic can play 90 minutes every game for now.
That's what I was thinking.
I wasn't at Halifax yesterday but the commentators gave the impression that Hernandez was a weak link. Or was it that he was up against a tricky opponent? Could someone who was there please give their opinion.
ninestein

We are in a heavy couple of weeks for league fixtures, but with the FA Cup coming into play in October, Box is cup-tied anyway. I got the impression last week that Elliot was close to a return? I guess a lot will depend on how close he and Tutonda are to a return.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Itai-bee

becbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
I wasn't at Halifax yesterday but the commentators gave the impression that Hernandez was a weak link. Or was it that he was up against a tricky opponent? Could someone who was there please give their opinion.

Hernandez didn’t have his best game.It looked like Halifax targeted his side.
Halifax were decent on both wings and i didn’t think the midfield offered the defence much protection.
The goals we conceded were very soft.They seemed to cut us open far to easy.

It’s a shame we didn’t really get going in the second half. I felt that game was there for the taking .
Maybe a bit of tiredness crept in.

Win or lose.The football is so, so much better.
hoofer2

Itai-bee wrote:
becbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:

Hernandez didn’t have his best game.It looked like Halifax targeted his side.
Halifax were decent on both wings and i didn’t think the midfield offered the defence much protection.
The goals we conceded were very soft.They seemed to cut us open far to easy.

It’s a shame we didn’t really get going in the second half. I felt that game was there for the taking .
Maybe a bit of tiredness crept in.

Win or lose.The football is so, so much better.
Box is only 17, Hernandez is 19 and both are still learning their craft. We have seen far more experienced players have absolute shockers yet still get picked for the next game. The more games he plays, the more comfortable he will become. Alexander is certainly improving and is unfairly the default scapegoat for a lesser performance.

Strength of a wing i combination of full back + wide player. I think the wide players need to be sharper defensively too and not expect fullback to do everything.
After all we as fans expect the full backs to attack too !

I'd like to see EMC show more in games (I know he is only 20) as he has a tendency to go missing in phases of games. He should gain alot of confidence in his ability from the goal he scored against Aldershot.
A direct and powerful run, almost Akindeesque, into the box and a great finish. Running at defenses with purpose will force mistakes, and in Taylor and Fonguck we have midfielders who have a great finish.

The potential of this squad as they grow in age and experience is great. To think Mauro is now one of the veterans at 26 !!
hoppy

Martin was an unused sub for Lewes last night so I guess his loan spell must have been extended.