Aldershot and Fylde

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Aldershot and Fylde

Next week's games called off due to international call ups.

Frustratingly short notice.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2019/augu ... earranged/
Nlites123

Re: Aldershot and Fylde

Was really looking forward to next Tuesday. The one plus is that means almost two weeks grace to get the sick notes back after Eastleigh.
#Beebot

I'm assuming JT has been called up by Ireland U21s again.

You need 3 call ups to get a postponement so maybe also Matrevics (Latvia) and Vasiliou (Cyprus)? Is there an England C game next week?
foxy

Over to you Beeforever...

I have warned you however, many many times, when Barnet are sh1te you should simply not go..... Especially now to Flyde away on a Tuesday night!!!!
burge019

Hugely frustrated with the Fylde one!!! Had hotel booked and everything
PBBee

Nlites123 wrote:Was really looking forward to next Tuesday. The one plus is that means almost two weeks grace to get the sick notes back after Eastleigh.
I was thinking that although no doubt we will have even more injuries by the time the rearranged fixtures come around.
alexbach

Saved me starting on prose Suppose the internationals have only recently received the call up

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
BeeDeceived

Postponing fixtures due to international call ups is common and fairplay to the club for announcing it before said players are even announced, usually this would be done the other way around.

booking non-refundable tickets for a football game is always risly. All fixtures are subject to change and are stated so from when they're announced.

Well done to the club for announcing it as early as they have.
pokal02

Well, that's a train ticket down the drain. Thought it'd be OK once the TV game for that day was announced. The frustrating thing is, train travel has to be booked well in advance otherwise the prices are silly, so you're caught between a rock and a hard place.
Norfolkbee

This now makes it even more unlikely that a new striker is imminent, although it would be nice to get one bedded in before the next match, prodding the intention is to sign anyone.
Bee_Forever

foxy wrote:Over to you Beeforever...

I have warned you however, many many times, when Barnet are sh1te you should simply not go..... Especially now to Flyde away on a Tuesday night!!!!
I could take your approach and take 6-7 weeks off from following my team, having hidden in the East Stand to sunbathe (aka avoid England Cricket Fans :D )

So let me get this straight, the team that agreed Halifax's request to postpone a match at 5 days notice, screwing over supporters and leaving fans with booked Hotels and Tickets out of pocket has now seen fit to postpone another game, this time at 10 days notice screwing over supporters and leaving fans with booked Hotels and Tickets out of pocket.

This is because of international call ups of:-

Jack Taylor
Rihard Matrevics
Antonious Vasilou

So that's one first teamer, our reserve goal keeper and a young winger yet to get on the pitch for us this season. So we are basically enacting the international call up regulations, which it is our right to do but which we are not obliged to do, because of the absence of ONE first team player.

To be clear those who have planned a trip to Fylde, with Blackpool thrown in during a hot September now face an 11 hour midweek trip to Fylde on a cold night in November because Barnet have ONE player missing from their starting XI.

Of course this has nothing to do with us abusing the international call up system and inconveniencing two other clubs to get over the fact that our chairman is such a tight arse he thinks that signing one outfield player constitutes acceptable transfer business, or that the response to an injury crisis in defence is to leave a winger with no pace playing at full back rather than enter the loan market.

If you are not going to back Currie in the transfer market, and are using the international fixtures as a paper thin excuse to paper over an injury crisis you have to ask yourself as Chairman of our football club if you continue to operate in the best interests of the football club you claim to love.

Once again the club fouls up and the fans suffer. Utter incredulous ineptitude and yet more shabby treatment of loyal supporters.

Rant over.
jerroll

The pitfalls of travelling by train, that will be another away game added to my miss list for the season sadly.
barnetjohn

Calling games off at 7 and 11 days notice is poor form. Fans who have bought tickets to travel up are now out of pocket. The grounds for postponement are fairly flimsy - Matrevics is a reserve keeper who has never started a competitive game for the club. Vasilou hasn't played a single minute this season. So the callups are hardly a massive blow to our playing strength - only Jack has played this season l.

I suspect the decision is partly down to strategically wanting to delay the two games until other players are back from injury and so the club has used this loophole. And perhaps partly for vanity reasons because the club thinks it looks impressive to call games off for international duty when you are non-league.

What rankles for me is the matter of fact way it was announced with no apology or acknowledgement of the hassle it will cause fans. People who have booked train tickets to Fylde will be out of pocket and should be reimbursed by the club. This kind of stuff only punishes the loyal fans who travel big distances to watch their club and unless the club reimburses fans it will only discourage people from making away trips in the future.

I hope the club does the right thing and reimburses fans.
Ajtheone04

I think the travel thing is just unlucky and there's nothing they can do about the notice when the national teams announce the squads as late as they do
A couple of other things maybe elito got called up for DR Congo, I know he's English but in FM he declared for them. Also maybe Harry Taylor got an Ireland call up (not sure if he's still u21)
John Hunt

Is it definitely those 3 or could it have been opposition players?

Shame to not capitalise on the potential of non league day.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926