The Squad and TK

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BEEGONE

Re: The Squad and TK

BeeDeceived wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:We are aslowly working out again this season that TK dosent care and Currie has no one around him with experience.

No players want to join the club as it has a rotten culture and reputation. How many decent players want to involve themselves in a squad off the back of balloongate and the indifferent performances away from the cup last season. Add to that whispers (true or not) players have to pay for their own shirts, meals and issues around looking after them once injured. Oh and we won’t pay agent fees.

It’s a perfect storm.
Plus getting abuse every week online and in stadium by supporters. A move here is brave, so hats off to Loach and Dunne who clearly believe in Currie.
:?:
BeeDeceived

Speak to he majority of our squad and see if they enjoy how supporters treat them. There's a former goalkeeper of ours who was more than adequate at this level who would agree.

Players like to play in front of good crowds with atmospheres, at Barnet the only noise made is a groan when someone gives the ball away.

Last season, first home game - players (majority making debuts) booed off at half time. Modern day players like to feel appreciated, not tweeted telling them how shit they are.
WeAreBarnet

Wasn't at the game last night but think it's a big overreaction by some on here.

I fully agree that a striker is crucial to how well we do this season but to say there hasn't been an improvement a year on is ridiculous. We create chances, once we get a striker to put them away we will have a better chance of winning games with dominant performances keeping the ball. We have complained in the past about ineffective long ball football. We haven't got the striker needed to go direct at times but once we have that missing piece I fully believe we will win games comfortably more often than not.

If players are apparently being put off by the poor atmosphere then isn't up to us to support the side even when we aren't playing well? This is our first defeat in four games against a side who have started well. Let's keep supporting the side because this isn't like previous seasons where players lacked passion or the manager lacks a connection to us as fans. DC is a Bee who wants a striker as badly as all of us and the players are definitely fighting for the shirt. Keep the belief.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Bee_Forever

Trouble with last night is I was neither angry nor surprised nor disappointed. It was an indifferent reaction to an indifferent performance.

I don't think fans particularly got on the players back just that it so somnolent that the usual few who use the players as their emotional punch bags could be heard more clearly.

It was a poor performance and the fact the sub 1000 crowd didn't feel able to rouse themselves in a constructive manner is not really surprising.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
DerekRocholl

WeAreBarnet wrote:Wasn't at the game last night but think it's a big overreaction by some on here.

I was at the game and agree with you. We played OK last night and had the best chances including 2 really good ones until the final 15 minutes when Dover looked stronger for their substitutions and ours didn't work.

An Effiong style centre forward would definitely improve the sqaud but otherwise it looks pretty good. As for playing it around at the back, long may it continue. It is so much better to see us trying to keep possession and play our way into space than it is watching hit and hope hoofball.

The most boring thing at the Hive is the constant mindless shouts of "go forward" when it is blatantly obvious that to do so at the time would most likely result in losing possession.
WeAreBarnet

Bee_Forever wrote:Trouble with last night is I was neither angry nor surprised nor disappointed. It was an indifferent reaction to an indifferent performance.

I don't think fans particularly got on the players back just that it so somnolent that the usual few who use the players as their emotional punch bags could be heard more clearly.

It was a poor performance and the fact the sub 1000 crowd didn't feel able to rouse themselves in a constructive manner is not really surprising.

Its time we step up as supporters imo. That isn't aimed at you Cranners as I know you're always there but just in general I just think we need to really start supporting the boys as we are allowing a few to create a poor atmosphere. Time to drown out the boo boys.

WeAreBarnet

Hiveoccupier wrote:
WeAreBarnet wrote:Wasn't at the game last night but think it's a big overreaction by some on here.

I was at the game and agree with you. We played OK last night and had the best chances including 2 really good ones until the final 15 minutes when Dover looked stronger for their substitutions and ours didn't work.

An Effiong style centre forward would definitely improve the sqaud but otherwise it looks pretty good. As for playing it around at the back, long may it continue. It is so much better to see us trying to keep possession and play our way into space than it is watching hit and hope hoofball.

The most boring thing at the Hive is the constant mindless shouts of "go forward" when it is blatantly obvious that to do so at the time would most likely result in losing possession.
Exactly! Gone are the days of your neck aching for 90 minutes. One thing I love about DC is that he sees the game exactly how it is. He talked about not having enough runners in behind last night and in the second half our retaining of posession was poor etc. All things pointed out by supporters. That tells me he knows what we need to improve. Previous managers including John Still have had interviews after games & we have all been asking ourselves if we were watching the same game. I don't feel that way listening to DC.

Norfolkbee

The key phrase throughout this and other threads is "when we bring in a striker". How and when that will happen is anyones guess, but I don't think anybody connected with the club wants this situation to play out much longer.
Bee_Forever

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:I think we saw the limitations yesterday of our squad and our manager.

Having rushed Johnson back yesterday only for him to get injured again we started the game slowly until we lost our other full back.

Having put Adams on the bench rather than box (he played for dagenham after all so must be good) Tutonda's injury forced Taylor to left back. We could have gone 3 at the back and brought shaq on but I think Currie would genuinely explode if asked to abandon 4-2-3-1

Finally brought on shaq but of course stuck to the formation (who needs two strikers anyway) then brought on the lamentable Sparkes who somehow is considered a better impact sub than vasilou (he played for dagenham after all so must be good).

Currie seems incapable of a plan b and some players seem to get a place for reasons other than football ability.

Oh yes and for the love of god can we please replace Akinde. 14 months and counting.

Now tell me, where have I seen all this before..........
Image Yes I know "plan b" is your thang, not trying to steal your vlog thunder.

It was blatantly obvious we needed to change things. Elito to wing back was surely the call.

Am sure Currie will learn. Every Rookie has their blind spots

Norfolkbee

Bee_Forever wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:I think we saw the limitations yesterday of our squad and our manager.

Having rushed Johnson back yesterday only for him to get injured again we started the game slowly until we lost our other full back.

Having put Adams on the bench rather than box (he played for dagenham after all so must be good) Tutonda's injury forced Taylor to left back. We could have gone 3 at the back and brought shaq on but I think Currie would genuinely explode if asked to abandon 4-2-3-1

Finally brought on shaq but of course stuck to the formation (who needs two strikers anyway) then brought on the lamentable Sparkes who somehow is considered a better impact sub than vasilou (he played for dagenham after all so must be good).

Currie seems incapable of a plan b and some players seem to get a place for reasons other than football ability.

Oh yes and for the love of god can we please replace Akinde. 14 months and counting.

Now tell me, where have I seen all this before..........
Image Yes I know "plan b" is your thang, not trying to steal your vlog thunder.

It was blatantly obvious we needed to change things. Elito to wing back was surely the call.

Am sure Currie will learn. Every Rookie has their blind spots

Rossi Eames was a rookie with many blindspots. He certainly never learned and really never accepted that he had them.
BeeDeceived

Norfolkbee wrote: Rossi Eames was a rookie with many blindspots. He certainly never learned and really never accepted that he had them.
Disagree. He certainly learned. He brought back in Nicholls, Watson and Akinola from the cold. The only one he didn't was Sweeney, but did play him at CB a few times in Friendlies and U23 matches.
Norfolkbee

BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote: Rossi Eames was a rookie with many blindspots. He certainly never learned and really never accepted that he had them.
Disagree. He certainly learned. He brought back in Nicholls, Watson and Akinola from the cold. The only one he didn't was Sweeney, but did play him at CB a few times in Friendlies and U23 matches.
Perhaps it's just me, but Rossi always seemed go have a certain naivety about the way he managed. If something was pointed out to him when he gave an interview, he seemed to go into rabbit in headlights mode. He seemed a lot more confident working alongside Henry, who may even have been a better fit for the manager's job. He certainly seemed to have more about him in terms of personality. Not sure about his coaching prowess, though.
BeeBoi1980

WeAreBarnet wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Trouble with last night is I was neither angry nor surprised nor disappointed. It was an indifferent reaction to an indifferent performance.

Its time we step up as supporters imo. That isn't aimed at you Cranners as I know you're always there but just in general I just think we need to really start supporting the boys as we are allowing a few to create a poor atmosphere. Time to drown out the boo boys.

Terrible atmosphere last night. Despite 30+ years of supporting the club, having seen some dross over the years and being a fan of The Hive, last night I found the atmosphere thoroughly depressing. There's no advantage to the players playing at home when its like that. People have been saying it for years, but something has to be done, by us as supporters and by the club. Anyone got the answer?
Psycho

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
WeAreBarnet wrote:

Terrible atmosphere last night. Despite 30+ years of supporting the club, having seen some dross over the years and being a fan of The Hive, last night I found the atmosphere thoroughly depressing. There's no advantage to the players playing at home when its like that. People have been saying it for years, but something has to be done, by us as supporters and by the club. Anyone got the answer?
I'm deafeaned by the noise when I go to the Emirates, so that was the reason for their outstanding home record last season.
CrawleyBee

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
WeAreBarnet wrote:

It was awful, half hearted attempt at an atmosphere. We have a drummer, however knowone around the sing.
Formerly Watfordbee