The Squad and TK

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Re: The Squad and TK

Stadium with no atmosphere. Clubs like Dover and Borehamwood have players we would welcome into our team. God things are bad. Any talk of being anywhere near play of place is wishful thinking. If after 5 months we for whatever reason the club have failed to bring in a striker of note ( were other clubs have done ) even if we do which I doubt then he will probably not be the striker supporters are of have been hoping for. More of a better than nothing view.

One thing is i do still believe in DC and think he is best man for the job. Yes he is going to make mistakes but this is the only way to learn. Just as long as you do learn from your mistakes. Just hope he is backed in every way from TC down to us supporters.
Last edited by Roy57 on 14 Aug 2019, 18:23, edited 2 times in total.
BeesKnees99

watfordbee wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote:
WeAreBarnet wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Trouble with last night is I was neither angry nor surprised nor disappointed. It was an indifferent reaction to an indifferent performance.

I don't think fans particularly got on the players back just that it so somnolent that the usual few who use the players as their emotional punch bags could be heard more clearly.

It was a poor performance and the fact the sub 1000 crowd didn't feel able to rouse themselves in a constructive manner is not really surprising.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Its time we step up as supporters imo. That isn't aimed at you Cranners as I know you're always there but just in general I just think we need to really start supporting the boys as we are allowing a few to create a poor atmosphere. Time to drown out the boo boys.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Terrible atmosphere last night. Despite 30+ years of supporting the club, having seen some dross over the years and being a fan of The Hive, last night I found the atmosphere thoroughly depressing. There's no advantage to the players playing at home when its like that. People have been saying it for years, but something has to be done, by us as supporters and by the club. Anyone got the answer?
It was awful, half hearted attempt at an atmosphere. We have a drummer, however knowone around the sing.
I think if our performance been better, there’d have been more noise. There wasn’t much enthusiasm, which I could sense, so didn’t want to force it with the drumming. During a ten minute spell when we should have scored, the atmosphere picked up a bit. Then promptly died again.

The last time I remember a consistently decent atmosphere was our run-in at the end of our relegation season.

I think we’re a self conscious bunch... nobody wants to try and start a chant in case nobody joins in!
WeAreBarnet

beesknees99 wrote:
watfordbee wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote:
WeAreBarnet wrote:Its time we step up as supporters imo. That isn't aimed at you Cranners as I know you're always there but just in general I just think we need to really start supporting the boys as we are allowing a few to create a poor atmosphere. Time to drown out the boo boys.

Terrible atmosphere last night. Despite 30+ years of supporting the club, having seen some dross over the years and being a fan of The Hive, last night I found the atmosphere thoroughly depressing. There's no advantage to the players playing at home when its like that. People have been saying it for years, but something has to be done, by us as supporters and by the club. Anyone got the answer?
It was awful, half hearted attempt at an atmosphere. We have a drummer, however knowone around the sing.
I think if our performance been better, there’d have been more noise. There wasn’t much enthusiasm, which I could sense, so didn’t want to force it with the drumming. During a ten minute spell when we should have scored, the atmosphere picked up a bit. Then promptly died again.

The last time I remember a consistently decent atmosphere was our run-in at the end of our relegation season.

I think we’re a self conscious bunch... nobody wants to try and start a chant in case nobody joins in!
Away from home the atmosphere is generally pretty decent but at home people are so moany and only make noise to criticise. I find it frustrating when people are moaning even when things aren't that bad. I get no one singing when we're fighting relegation but when we have a decent squad with a manager who we finally like, I think it massively hinders what he's trying to do.

becbee

Roy57 wrote:Stadium with no atmosphere. Clubs like Dover and Borehamwood have players we would welcome into our team. God things are bad. Any talk of being anywhere near post of place is wishful thinking. If after 5 months we for whatever reason the club have failed to bring in a striker of note ( were other clubs have done ) even if we do which I doubt then he will probably not be the striker supporters are of have been hoping for. More of a better than nothing.
Of course, the atmosphere at Dover and Borehamwood is electric isn't it? Plus all their wonder players. Did you actually see how dirty and anti-football Borehamwood were against us last season? If Dover are so great, why did it take them until deep into injury time to score?
Consider the supporters of Bury and Bolton, they are justified in saying "God, things are bad". We aren't.
PBBee

I actually thought for 10 mins when we had our best spell the atmosphere was starting to get quite positive. If only 1 of them had gone in this forum would have been massively different in the last 24 hours.

The players do need our support as I feel they could grow into this season.

By all means keep quiet but screaming at players constantly is not going to help anyone.
Norfolkbee

We are four games into the season and nothing is irretrievable. It just the club to say "we've signed a new striker" and much of the doom and gloom will be lifted - at least for a while. It would have to be a decent striker, mind you. They need to shake the proverbial magic money tree.
Psycho

becbee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:Stadium with no atmosphere. Clubs like Dover and Borehamwood have players we would welcome into our team. God things are bad. Any talk of being anywhere near post of place is wishful thinking. If after 5 months we for whatever reason the club have failed to bring in a striker of note ( were other clubs have done ) even if we do which I doubt then he will probably not be the striker supporters are of have been hoping for. More of a better than nothing.
Of course, the atmosphere at Dover and Borehamwood is electric isn't it? Plus all their wonder players. Did you actually see how dirty and anti-football Borehamwood were against us last season? If Dover are so great , why did it take them until deep into injury time to score?
Consider the supporters of Bury and Bolton, they are justified in saying "God, things are bad". We aren't.
What a strange comment. How many good teams score a winner right at the end? Fitness levels tend to be higher, intense pressure and psychologically inferior sides tend to switch off. That's why Manchester City scored near the end against Leicester in their penultimate game to effectively win the Premier League last season, Spurs scored three late goals against Aston Villa last Saturday and the top European sides go right to the finish.

Dover are no Juventus, Barcelona or Manchester City by any means but they had a game plan and it worked perfectly. They'll finish in a play-off spot, managed by an astute, experienced manager in Andy Hessenthaler.

Atmosphere's help of course but mostly with 10,000+ crowds.
simples169

perhaps DC is waiting for Sweeney and to see if he can do a job upfront?
All the playing the ball out from the back is nice but in the last 10 minutes the ball should be hoofed up into the corners and the defending should be started by the forwards.
Roy57

Agree the hive has a lack of apmosphere. But our attendance is still twice as high as Borehamwood. Game against Chesterfield there attendance was around the 850 mark. With close to 300 of that being away fans. And this has not stopped Tshimanga signing for them. So don't see crowd stopping the signings of top signings. Yes it helps to have high gates and a lot of noise. But this has not helped Chesterfield last season or the start of this one.
Norfolkbee

Players aren't fussed by the size of the crowd or atmosphere, it's all about the money, otherwise why would they sign for Billericay?
BeeDeceived

Norfolkbee wrote:Players aren't fussed by the size of the crowd or atmosphere, it's all about the money, otherwise why would they sign for Billericay?
Obviously money talks, but to say they 'aren't fussed' is ridiculous, of course they are. What must they think of our mob, either angry teens trying to be arsenal fans or grumpy grandads.
b4life

Would anyone really care about this if we were winning games and top of the table, don't think so! In that case we'd have more fans and a better atmosphere anyway. Underhill could be a morgue too.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Norfolkbee

BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Players aren't fussed by the size of the crowd or atmosphere, it's all about the money, otherwise why would they sign for Billericay?
Obviously money talks, but to say they 'aren't fussed' is ridiculous, of course they are. What must they think of our mob, either angry teens trying to be arsenal fans or grumpy grandads.
Ok, if it's so ridiculous, why do players turn down clubs with bigger crowds and take a chance on going moneybags clubs like Billericay, knowing the cash could dry up mid-season?
BeeDeceived

I said 'obviously money talks' but the statement to say players aren't fussed is just wrong.
Norfolkbee

BeeDeceived wrote:I said 'obviously money talks' but the statement to say players aren't fussed is just wrong.
Some players would play on Hackney Marshes in front of one man and his dog if he picked up £2k a week. It's a job.