Bury FC

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Bury FC

Postby burge019 » 08 Aug 2019, 13:07

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

So I hope it doesn't come to this as I would never want to see a team fold in this way. Has anyone thought about what would happen if this is the case though?

Would the National League have 3 teams promoted to make up the number for next season and bring it back to 92 teams?
burge019
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 10:19

Re: Bury FC

Postby jerroll » 08 Aug 2019, 13:50

burge019 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

So I hope it doesn't come to this as I would never want to see a team fold in this way. Has anyone thought about what would happen if this is the case though?

Would the National League have 3 teams promoted to make up the number for next season and bring it back to 92 teams?

No, lg2 would only relegate 1.
jerroll
 
Posts: 9331
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Bury FC

Postby burge019 » 08 Aug 2019, 13:58

jerroll wrote:
burge019 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

So I hope it doesn't come to this as I would never want to see a team fold in this way. Has anyone thought about what would happen if this is the case though?

Would the National League have 3 teams promoted to make up the number for next season and bring it back to 92 teams?

No, lg2 would only relegate 1.



Fair play
burge019
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 10:19

Re: Bury FC

Postby ninestein » 08 Aug 2019, 15:56

Therefore, non-league would just re-shuffle accordingly. Only 3 would actually go down from our league, and then the regional leagues below us have so much chopping and changing every year at the AGM that no-one would notice. The spreadsheet will be a picture of colour. Hope it doesn't come to that, but it doesn't look good for Bury and it's fans.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Bury FC

Postby hoofer2 » 08 Aug 2019, 16:02

Wondering if the Salford project has had an adverse impact on Bury, or if this is a complete coincidence...e.g. attendance, supporters buying merchandise etc.

Especially given fact promotion to League 1 was achieved, or was this down to spending money didn't have?
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3327
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Bury FC

Postby #Beebot » 08 Aug 2019, 16:06

hoofer2 wrote:Wondering if the Salford project has had an adverse impact on Bury, or if this is a complete coincidence...e.g. attendance, supporters buying merchandise etc.

Especially given fact promotion to League 1 was achieved, or was this down to spending money didn't have?


Not anything to do with Salford, only FCUM have really felt the impact of that. The situation is detailed here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-car-park
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Bury FC

Postby shankbee01 » 08 Aug 2019, 22:59

Bury have been screwed over for years sadly. Eventually it all catches up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01
 
Posts: 286
Joined: 19 Apr 2015, 12:31

Re: Bury FC

Postby Hiveoccupier » 09 Aug 2019, 10:05

#Beebot wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:Wondering if the Salford project has had an adverse impact on Bury, or if this is a complete coincidence...e.g. attendance, supporters buying merchandise etc.

Especially given fact promotion to League 1 was achieved, or was this down to spending money didn't have?


Not anything to do with Salford, only FCUM have really felt the impact of that. The situation is detailed here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-car-park


Gary and Phil Neville's mum is the Company Secretary and MD of Bury and one of the stands are named after their Dad. So perhaps they might have thought about putting some money into the Shakers if they hadn't got involved with Salford ?
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59


Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antbfc, Bee21, hhbee, hoppy, john dockers shorts, LoudmouthBFC, Psycho, springerbfc and 38 guests