Sutton (a) The Summer Trampoline Party Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Sutton (a) The Summer Trampoline Party Thread

So... Tuesday sees the bees hit the road for the first time in Bananarama league action as we head to Sutton looking for two wins on the uneven bounce.

With one of the poorest examples of a plastic pitch in this league, with the Trampoline bounce, and a well drilled team sutton will provide a stiff challenge especially with our side struggling with fitness concerns.

Nonetheless as long as we approach the game with a spring in our step there is some hope we can catch them on the hop and somersault up the league.

In terms of team lineup with Sweeney and Johnson injured we are lacking cover defensively and I wouldn't want to risk Santos knee on that heap so:-

-----------------------------Loach------------------------

-Alexander-H. Taylor-Reynolds- Tutonda--

----------Adams--Dunne--J. Taylor----------------

--Elito------------------------------------------Akinola--

----------------------Coulthirst----------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, santos, vasilou, mason-clarke, barham

Doing this one by train. Hoping we continue our promising start.

COYBS

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
adher36

Re: Sutton (a) The Summer Trampoline Party Thread

Good point about not risking Santos's knee on that surface. However, I wouldn't fancy a centre back pairing of Harry Taylor and Callum Reynolds facing all the physicality and long balls that come with Sutton's rugby playing style.

Perhaps Dunne could do a job at the back instead of Harry, he won his fair share of headers on Saturday and doesn't look as though he shirks a physical battle.
Ajtheone04

Maybe tutonda at CB with sparkes or even box at LB
Will dunne play after only training for 2 weeks. I don't think so, definitely not 90. I'd stick with akinola up front as I thought shaq was very poor when he came on last game maybe due to a niggle. This could get mason Clark on the wing but his ankle could be a problem. Alternatively barham wouldn't be a bad choice
ninestein

No need to risk Santos on this pitch, otherwise we might not see him again for months. The dilemma is how to make a balanced back line with Sweeney also out. We could go for a 3 man defence with two recognised defendersin Callum, Tutonda and then add a midfielder into the mix. Boucaud? Or see if Charlee Adams learned anything from his Arsenal experience? Most likely it would be Harry Taylor. It's one game. I'd be quietly happy with a point in this one before looking for a nice win on BT Sport Saturday.

I'd unleash Barham up front. A young, nippy player on a synthetic pitch causes the other team problems.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

Harry Taylor played most of his u18 football as a centre back so knows how to play there.
john dockers shorts

Having went last season it was awful.

Although we grabbed a point it was a terrible game.

Not Sparkes or Adams in the starting 11, not upto it.
Beeznizz

Management will have their work cut out to see who out of the squad is fit, but also who is available & able to play on that terrible surface.

Think that Santos should definitely be rested and not risked!
Adams will probably not play due his back problems.
Boucard & Johnson out too.
Mason-Clarke, Alexander and J Taylor will have to be assessed.

I’d be inclined to play Barham & Vasilou in whatever line up with H Taylor partnering Reynolds in central defence.

I’d be happy with a win obviously, but would take a gritty draw.
ETBee

If the pitch is as dangerous as some people say why does the FA allow it? Sutton play on it all season so it can't be that bad.
Bee_Forever

All plastic pitches carry an element of risk as there is not the same give as on grass so joints are placed under additional pressure.

The issue for Sutton is that their plastic pitch also plays very badly with unnatural bounce meaning any pass in the air skips horribly.

I hope Johnson is back tomorrow and was just being precautionary on Saturday if not we are desperately short at the back.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Masuka

Will be a tough game.

Was having a few beers with Matty the other week and he is very happy with his squad. He's been told by the owners that staying up is the target this season but believes the players he has can push for play-offs. He is also Barnet born and bread so a big first home game as a football manager.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
amberforever

How do the league tolerate their plastic pitch if it’s such a danger to players fitness?
becbee

amberforever wrote:How do the league tolerate their plastic pitch if it’s such a danger to players fitness?
Presumably because there is no evidence to back this up?
If a not completely fit player is left out of a match at Sutton for fear for his fitness, then he can't get injured there. But then, he plays in a subsequent fixture and goes off injured, then his absence through injury is blamed on that match, not a match he missed.

Also, it's hard to imagine that Sutton's own players would be prepared to play on a truly dangerous pitch. Or is that their players know the pitch and so know how to play on it?
#Beebot

The pitch at Sutton isn't necessarily dangerous, it's just really poor quality 3G with a crazily high bounce. Our game there last year was almost like watching football played on rubber.
MCB

Got to agree with Sutton fans judgements we're a bunch of whinging minnies. Their players play 30 odd games a season on the pitch, and i'm fairly confident it would be outlawed if there were serious concerns about injuries. Our own Nicky Bailey had knee issues yet went and joined them, i'm sure they'd have massive issues getting a squad together capable of challenging if players wanted to avoid 3G.

The game at Harrogate was the first pro game I saw on plastic, and it did take a bit of getting used to (which we didn't) and I understood Still's approach that game of going with speed and dribblers - it's just that the Harrogate team were far better than ours and their passing was tight and fast.

The extra video the clubs put out indicates that Sweeney is looking good injury wise. If so, i'd be tempted to keep the same team as Saturday, and have Sweeney ready if Santos can't handle 3 games in a week. If he's not able to play on 3G, then he's not much good to us. we need to keep up a good start as we have players that know each other. Tackling teams with big squad changes early on like Yeovil and Notts County is a positive - let's go full out for 3 points tomorrow rather than protecting anyone. If a player is not fit, don't pick them. We've plenty of back up.
wearebees

I'm trying to purchase tickets on the Sutton website to get a few quid off, but getting a "database error" message. anyone else?

https://www.suttonunited.net/product-ca ... h-tickets/
https://www.suttonunited.net/product/su ... gust-2019/