Sutton (a) The Summer Trampoline Party Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeDeceived

Re: Sutton (a) The Summer Trampoline Party Thread

Listened on iBarnet. Sounds like a fair result, and to me a good result. Would’ve taken four points from opening two games, and that’s what we’ve done.
beew

Roy57 wrote:Can someone confirm if this commentator has his head in a bucket.
To be fair the commentary got better when the wind died down.

1-1 against a side who will play a part in deciding the promotion places is not a bad result. Sounds like we should of won it, but for me we've started better than I thought we would. Get that striker in and we should be thereabouts come end of April.
ninestein

4 points from the opening 2 matches is not to be sniffed at. As the old cliche goes, win your games at home, draw away and you're in for a successful season. I hope we put on a show at Meadow Lane this Saturday though.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees99

Game needed Barham. Shaq did nothing, poor decision by DC. Can’t help but feel a bit miffed. Feels more like 3 points lost than 1 gained. Sutton were woeful, had one opening and they took it.

Could have been 4-0 up by HT.

Our luck may run out at County this Sat.
Tuesds

beesknees99 wrote:Game needed Barham. Shaq did nothing, poor decision by DC. Can’t help but feel a bit miffed. Feels more like 3 points lost than 1 gained. Sutton were woeful, had one opening and they took it.

I agree a point is bad result, against a team widely tipped to struggle this season (although who really knows at this stage). But if we restricted Sutton to only one opening and they took it, how on earth were we ‘lucky’ to get only one point?

We will have much tougher games ahead, and one point is not a good return after leading and missing chances to go further ahead (I liked the way Currie talked on Saturday in terms of 28-29 wins - it’s wins that count). But we have hardly been lucky when our opponents have a chance conversion rate of 1:1 - quite the opposite, in fact.
Masuka

Played some lovely football but not finish. DC needed to change things earlier it was very frustrating. Game went stale.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
rudebwoyben

beesknees99 wrote:Game needed Barham. Shaq did nothing, poor decision by DC. Can’t help but feel a bit miffed. Feels more like 3 points lost than 1 gained. Sutton were woeful, had one opening and they took it.

I’m not sure how we could have been 4-0 up at HT seeing that our penalty was the only shot we had in the first half. No one followed Beautyman’s run into the area for their goal and it just shows that matches can turn in a moment. We really needed that no.9 when Sutton were pinning us back in the 15 minutes after their equaliser, just to give us that outlet.
To bee or not to bee

After seeing the team, if you’d offered me 1-1 before kick off I’d have bitten your arm off. Gutted now the lads couldn’t hang on for the win. Can’t wait for the new striker to come in as we can’t rely on penalties every game. DC is the right man for the job and seems to be creating a great team spirit and togetherness with the fans. Hope TK unstaples his wallet and backs him.
BeesKnees99

Tuesds wrote:

I agree a point is bad result, against a team widely tipped to struggle this season (although who really knows at this stage). But if we restricted Sutton to only one opening and they took it, how on earth were we ‘lucky’ to get only one point?

We will have much tougher games ahead, and one point is not a good return after leading and missing chances to go further ahead (I liked the way Currie talked on Saturday in terms of 28-29 wins - it’s wins that count). But we have hardly been lucky when our opponents have a chance conversion rate of 1:1 - quite the opposite, in fact.
I meant lucky, in terms of the fact both our goals this season have come from penalties. Better opponents will punish us.
justiceseeker

Noticed it was Akinolas birthday today. Nice way to celebrate. 2 in 2.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
becbee

We were the better side first half and deserved our lead. Sutton's goal was a good move by them, following which they put us under a huge amount of pressure and we did well to hold out. Over the 90 minutes, a draw was the fairest result.

It would be good to get an update on the injured players.
EastBarnetBee

Probably should have won based on chances but it’s still a decent point away from home. We look fairly solid in defence and midfield but clearly lack a John Akinde type player to bully defences. I have faith that DC will sort out the attacking unit. Would like to see more of Barham. What happened to Bettamer?

Quirky little ground. Reminded me of Underhill in parts. Friendly staff, nice big bar under the main stand and proper football food. The Hive is in a different league but there’s something timeless about grounds such as Gander Green Lane. Overall, an enjoyable evening. Well done Bees.
Last edited by EastBarnetBee on 06 Aug 2019, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
hoofer2

Akin...(pen)...let’s hope this gives some confidence and see him score from open play....
foxy

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought that was absolutely dreadful and just like our John Still days this time last year.

The 1st half was a complete non event until their defender decided to dive in after a great initial save from their GK

Granted we had alot of possession (1st half) but as soon as Sutton stopped us playing out from the back, we resulted in booting it long to Sparkes/Akinola achieving nothing, and why our wingers on the opposite side of play when we were in the attacking third were so reluctant to attack the back post/make a darting run into the 6 yard box was beyond me, we have nowt upfront and I don't think Shaq is our answer to a genuine no.9.

Sparkes could have put the game to bed early second half but then we completely lost all composure, tempo and rhythm and ended up holding on for a point

And as for that corner we had right at the end....!!

Granted as Cranner's says, we had 5 players out but for god sake "Leave one up Still"!!!!! Maybe a good point and granted a terrible pitch but this team "currently" doesn't look like a team going places!

The Foxy moan is back :hi:

On a more positive note, I thoroughly enjoyed the conclusion of the 1st Ashes test. :D :D :D :D :D :D
northantsbee

That is the type of game we would have conceded a last minute goal over the past two seasons, the lads had their chances to put it to bed but it wasn't to be. We need someone that can put the ball in the back of the next from open play, the forwards we have are just not up to it. Congrats to Akinola for stepping up on penalty duties, but we can't rely on penalties to win a game. Having said that I would have settled for a point before the game, but obviously would have preferred all three.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/