Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Psycho

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

hoppy wrote:There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago about us signing Rhys Murphy.
Well I'm pleased we didn't. He had nothing much to offer and Santos was far too good for him.
There's got to be better CF options than Murphy.
Loach pulled off a fantastic save to deny him from a free-kick late on. With Cousins in goal that would have gone in.

Santos is far too good for the National League but as long as he's happy here for the season I reckon we'll be in the play-offs. I think they'll be a lot of 1-0 wins this season. As long as we don't concede we'll find a goal from somewhere with a lot of attacking options.

Yeovil weren't terrible but they didn't have any structured passing as they didn't know each other. We, on the other hand, did because apart from James Dunne, everyone was familiar. He looks a good signing.

The only downer on the day was getting stung by a wasp as I put my hand palm on the pub bar. The yelp of pain startled everyone! The little shit was drinking the sugary cider that was spilt. My left hand swelled up like a balloon and the sting is still in my hand. Hopefully a plaster will draw it out. I wish it dies a very painful death very soon. :spite:

Looking forward to Sutton and the hell hole round Croydon. My local match this season.
b4life

We improved markedly in the 2nd half. Jack Taylor and Dunne biased the midfield. Akinola improved. Reynolds and Santos were comfortable at the back. I thought Alexander was very average, often getting on the wrong side of Yeovil players and his distribution of the ball seemed to consist mostly of aimless humping the ball up the line. Loach is definitely an upgrade on Cousins. Overall a competent performance against a disjointed and toothless opposition.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
BeesKnees99

PROS

- Loach is a top keeper for this level based on today’s showing alone. Top class save from Murphy’s FK - a strong hand.

- Solid at the back, we dealt with anything they threw at us, Reynolds was particularly impressive - not his biggest fan but credit where it’s due

- Tutonda showed what an asset he is going forward

- Dunne was impressive, looks a solid player, didn’t shirk a challenge and put in a great shift. A much needed player at this level.

- Alexander had one of his better games, and glad he’s fit

- The Taylor brothers class yet again

CONS

- Akinola may have taken his penalty well, but he was largely unimpressive, missing a few sitters. Did improve slightly in second half but still not great, Shaq looked more lively for the brief time he was on.

- We. Need. A. Target. Man.

- We frequently gave away possession cheaply

- Another slow start, Yeovil looked quite dangerous early on, and I’m glad we didn’t concede before we finally woke up after 20 or so mins

- Poor quality game....

... but a win’s a win!

Sutton’s 3-1 win at Hartlepool today suggests they’ll be a tougher test, and our record on plastic pitches is.... sketchy to say the least.
becbee

BeeDeceived wrote:
John_c wrote:
MrGloverLover wrote:Absolute farce, over 100 of our fans were locked out of the ground until 30 minutes into the game because there wasn't enough seating open.
Would be a farce if it were true I guess.

There was enough seating open. Did you leave enough time to queue and get in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to mention that tickets have been on sale for 2 weeks, allowing fans to simply scan phones at turnstile.

That, and the the fact the club are usually told expected away numbers by police and visiting club...
There was certainly enough seating open judging from all the empty seats around those spectators in the away end.

I'd have thought anybody traveling 130+miles Yeovil to The Hive would aim to arrive in ample time regardless. Or were there major traffic delays today?
Sam_BFC

I didn’t the game was as bad as some have suggested.

Agree with others that Yeovil started quite well and we grew into the game creating a few chances. Deserved win in the end. Promising start.

Also thought Tutonda had a good game.
john dockers shorts

Good to read reports on the game.

I couldn't attend as on holiday but I'm too long enough in the tooth to get that excited. Some of these players are second string and I was amazed seeing the line up. Once we get the first team players back we will get a better view. I saw enough of some players to know against better opposition they'll go missing.
becbee

john dockers shorts wrote:Good to read reports on the game.

I couldn't attend as on holiday but I'm too long enough in the tooth to get that excited. Some of these players are second string and I was amazed seeing the line up. Once we get the first team players back we will get a better view. I saw enough of some players to know against better opposition they'll go missing.
One swallow certainly does not make a summer so far too early for optimism - but Loach looks an improvement on Cousins, Dunne looked sound, a fit Santos would improve any team at this level, Elito showed more effort and enthusiasm than I remember ever seeing last season, Alexander had a decent game, etc.
Ajtheone04

beesknees99 wrote: Sutton’s 3-1 win at Hartlepool today suggests they’ll be a tougher test, and our record on plastic pitches is.... sketchy to say the least.
Good thing I saw that so I could edit my prediction down from a 3-0 win to a 1-0 win
I really don't understand why teams at this level have fake pitches the groundsman are professional they should be able to look after some grass for ) months
MrGloverLover

becbee wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
John_c wrote:
MrGloverLover wrote:Absolute farce, over 100 of our fans were locked out of the ground until 30 minutes into the game because there wasn't enough seating open.

Not to mention that tickets have been on sale for 2 weeks, allowing fans to simply scan phones at turnstile.

That, and the the fact the club are usually told expected away numbers by police and visiting club...
There was certainly enough seating open judging from all the empty seats around those spectators in the away end.

I'd have thought anybody traveling 130+miles Yeovil to The Hive would aim to arrive in ample time regardless. Or were there major traffic delays today?
Nowhere near enough seats available.
Last edited by MrGloverLover on 03 Aug 2019, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
MrGloverLover

becbee wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
John_c wrote:

Our fans arrived in plenty of time but were made to wait and queue at the turnstiles whilst your staff tried to open up more seating. As other Barnet fans have said this is normal for The Hive, it's piss poor.
John_c

MrGloverLover wrote:
becbee wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
John_c wrote: Would be a farce if it were true I guess.

Nowhere near enough seats available.
But that's simply not true. You're making that up. So your point seems kind of invalid.

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

MrGloverLover wrote:
becbee wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
John_c wrote: Would be a farce if it were true I guess.

Our fans arrived in plenty of time but were made to wait and queue at the turnstiles whilst your staff tried to open up more seating. As other Barnet fans have said this is normal for The Hive, it's piss poor.
You might have queued but it wasn't because there weren't enough seats open. Repeating the lie won't make it true.

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
#Beebot

I can only report what I saw which was a massive queue behind the North Stand at 2:55. Either they were all late (coach?) or there was some kind of cock up at the turnstiles.
#Beebot

beew wrote:
John_c wrote:

A few reports on Twitter that the turnstiles stopped working a few minutes before kick off. Some seem to suggest some Barnet fans couldn't get in as well.
This adds up as my friend and I had trouble getting in to the East just before kick off.
djhdjh

I'm guessing they didn't expect to open more than 2 blocks in the North Stand was the issue (and presumably something that makes that harder than simply telling fans to go and sit there). A bunch of their fans were moved into the next block, some having been standing in the aisles, half an hour or so into the game. Good to see our usual customer service standards being maintained.