Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby Bee_Forever » 30 Jul 2019, 14:27

So.... Saturday sees the bees commence their bananarama (c. Jerroll) campaign at home to the Glovers. After a change of owner and manager in the close season this could be a decent time for us to play relegated Yeovil, with their team in transition and us trying to bed in all of our outfield signing.

Yeovil have experienced the highs and lows of football in recent years, having been a Championship Club as little as 5 years ago. The fact they are now preparing for life in the non league is a sorry reflection of how far their star has fallen.

Having been hand in glove with the likes of Leeds United and Birmingham, trips to Harrogate and Solihull will hardly leave them s-mitten. It is to be expected that they will be going hell for leather to return to the Football League with their owners keen to get their hands on silverware.

In terms of Barnet's lineup I choose to go for the most optimistic version of our hobbled side in terms of injuries so I would go:-

---------(Matre.. just kidding!)-Loach-----------

--H. Taylor----Reynolds---Santos---Johnson---

--------------J. Taylor--Dunne---Boucard--------

--Mason-Clarke-----------------------Elito--------

-----------------------Coulthirst--------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Tutonda, Vasilou, Alexander, Barham

Looking forward to the first game of the season, hope we put in a decent performance and hit the ground running.
Bee_Forever
 
Posts: 2983
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby Patel89 » 30 Jul 2019, 14:42

Like the team but I can assure you if Alexander is fit he will be selected!
Patel89
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 23 Mar 2018, 12:11

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby #Beebot » 30 Jul 2019, 15:54

Patel89 wrote:Like the team but I can assure you if Alexander is fit he will be selected!


He's some way off, looking at weeks maybe months.

More likely EJ at RB, I don't think Currie trusts HT there anymore.

We need an RB in on loan really.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2651
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby becbee » 30 Jul 2019, 16:57

So what exactly is wrong with Alexander?
becbee
 
Posts: 7506
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby BeeinBristol » 30 Jul 2019, 17:06

Bee_Forever wrote:So.... Saturday sees the bees commence their bananarama (c. Jerroll) campaign at home to the Glovers. After a change of owner and manager in the close season this could be a decent time for us to play relegated Yeovil, with their team in transition and us trying to bed in all of our outfield signing.

Yeovil have experienced the highs and lows of football in recent years, having been a Championship Club as little as 5 years ago. The fact they are now preparing for life in the non league is a sorry reflection of how far their star has fallen.

Having been hand in glove with the likes of Leeds United and Birmingham, trips to Harrogate and Solihull will hardly leave them s-mitten. It is to be expected that they will be going hell for leather to return to the Football League with their owners keen to get their hands on silverware.

In terms of Barnet's lineup I choose to go for the most optimistic version of our hobbled side in terms of injuries so I would go:-

---------(Matre.. just kidding!)-Loach-----------

--H. Taylor----Reynolds---Santos---Johnson---

--------------J. Taylor--Dunne---Boucard--------

--Mason-Clarke-----------------------Elito--------

-----------------------Coulthirst--------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Tutonda, Vasilou, Alexander, Barham

Looking forward to the first game of the season, hope we put in a decent performance and hit the ground running.

Is James Dunne anywhere near fit enough to start? I assume hed has had no pre season to speak of apart from training with us this week
BeeinBristol
 
Posts: 235
Joined: 19 Jan 2014, 20:43

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby Beeznizz » 30 Jul 2019, 17:56

becbee wrote:So what exactly is wrong with Alexander?


Apparently something to do with his knee & was seen in a similar type brace Sweeney was wearing. Thought not to be as bad though.
Beeznizz
 
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jul 2018, 18:30

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby Beeznizz » 30 Jul 2019, 19:41

Beeznizz wrote:
becbee wrote:So what exactly is wrong with Alexander?


Apparently something to do with his knee & was seen in a similar type brace Sweeney was wearing. Thought not to be as bad though.


Having watched all the PSF’s.. I’d like to see Elito play inside with Akinola on the Left. Thought that Boucard was a way off being fit & not quite ready for Saturday. Elito looks very sharp at the minute and probably the most creative in passing that eye of a needle ball to unlock defences.

Agreed, that we probably need adequate cover in the RB birth as H Taylor is not one. Like most and I have said, it’s a clean slate re. Alexander up until at least January. He looked good this pre season. It was said he’s parents were not in the best health for the most part, but have improved greatly. He looks bigger and focused.

So, for me

Loach
Johnson
Santos
Reynolds
Tutonda

H Taylor
J Taylor
Elito

EMC
Akinola

Coulthirst
Beeznizz
 
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jul 2018, 18:30

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby MCB » 31 Jul 2019, 09:58

I'm assuming Sweeney and Mauro are both injured, otherwise if both full fit they slot straight into my team replacing Reynolds and Akinola.

I've picked H Taylor alongside Dunne as I know nothing about him. If he can shield the back 4 well enough, i'd have Boucard alongside him. If his energy levels aren't great, Harry Taylor starts.

............. Loach
Alexander Reynolds Santos Johnson
........... H Taylor...Dunne
-------------- J Taylor
---------EMC------------Akinola
...................Shaq

What's that? A 4-2-1-2-1? Or a 4-5-1 if defending.

Subs
Mitrovics
Tutonda
Boucs
Elito
Barham

So no Vasilou, Bettamar, Adams
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3213
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby jerroll » 31 Jul 2019, 10:01

MCB wrote:I'm assuming Sweeney and Mauro are both injured, otherwise if both full fit they slot straight into my team replacing Reynolds and Akinola.

I've picked H Taylor alongside Dunne as I know nothing about him. If he can shield the back 4 well enough, i'd have Boucard alongside him. If his energy levels aren't great, Harry Taylor starts.

............. Loach
Alexander Reynolds Santos Johnson
........... H Taylor...Dunne
-------------- J Taylor
---------EMC------------Akinola
...................Shaq

What's that? A 4-2-1-2-1? Or a 4-5-1 if defending.

Subs
Mitrovics
Tutonda
Boucs
Elito
Barham

So no Vasilou, Bettamar, Adams

Sweeney is suspended regardless of whether he is fit!! sent off in game 44 last season - 3 game ban misses games 45,46 & 1 this season!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9331
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby Agewills » 31 Jul 2019, 10:08

I would have Vasilou on the bench to bring on and inject a bit of engery in the second half if we need it.

He's seemed lively in Pre-season. Granted, he's very young and could get a painful welcome to National League football, but he could certainly liven things up off the bench so I'd have him as an option this season.
Agewills
 
Posts: 494
Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 10:00

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby barnetpete » 31 Jul 2019, 10:12

Sack off the keeper on the bench and have the extra outfield sub. Likelyhood of a sub keeper being needed is once or twice a season, therefore max points lost 6, the use of having Vasilou or similar on the bench to open up a tiring defense is worth the risk in my opinion
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 2055
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby hoofer2 » 31 Jul 2019, 10:14

For me Akinola still looks a little lost on the field. In the PSFs I have seen he just does not seem to know what to do when he is in last 3rd of the pitch.
He is not as effective as he should be as a wide player, and I have not seen enough from him to be relied upon down the middle. That cameo from Mauro
last season where he conjured a goal from nothing is the X factor we are missing in midfield.

I would start with Sparkes on left, based purely on his most recently performance vs St Albans. He delivered a lot of decent balls into the 18 yard box and
was very direct with alot of running. Perhaps the penny has dropped and he is ready to compete for a place in starting XI.

As always it's down to the "strikers". Where are the goals going to come from if Coulthirst is injured? The midfielders especially the wide players have to step up.
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3327
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby ninestein » 31 Jul 2019, 10:25

Assuming Jack Taylor is fit, I would assume it would be Dunne and Boucaud in there with him. The way DC was talking after signing him, is that Dunne will be the lynchpin, and he will select players to play alongside him who are appropriate for the game ahead. He talked about combinations, and alluded to a Dunne/Harry partnership when we need to play tighter away from home or shut up shop. We will want to start this game on the front foot, so I'd expect Dunne, Jack and Boucaud to start in the middle, assuming he plays 3 centrally.

If Cheye is out for a while, as much as Elliott is capable of "filling in", we've had two seasons in the last 3 of players doing that what with Brindley and Hoyte being injured long term, let's shore it up with a dedicated right back on loan if needs be.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby becbee » 31 Jul 2019, 11:32

barnetpete wrote:Sack off the keeper on the bench and have the extra outfield sub. Likelyhood of a sub keeper being needed is once or twice a season, therefore max points lost 6, the use of having Vasilou or similar on the bench to open up a tiring defense is worth the risk in my opinion


6 points less last season would have resulted in a drop from 12th to 18th place. Dropping 6 points would in very many cases be the difference between promotion, play offs and relegation.
Even excluding the goalkeeper, we have 4 outfield subs so no reason why Vasilou can't be named as one of them?
becbee
 
Posts: 7506
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Yeovil Town (Hive) The Power of Glove Match Thread

Postby #Beebot » 31 Jul 2019, 11:34

We won the league in 14/15 without ever having a sub keeper on the bench.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2651
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hoppy, Sam_BFC, Shmulib100 and 37 guests