Craig Robson

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Craig Robson

becbee wrote:So far as we're aware, this incident happened once. Many people make stupid mistakes in their lives. What right have we to go sanctimonious on him?
If there were other instances, then fair enough, but surely we fans should just judge players on what happens on the pitch, not assume that one misdemeanour means that someone is a "bad egg"?
Looking back on it, it's just the incredible stupidity of posting the pictures on social media. They were doing nothing 'illegal' but no-one would have been any the wiser if he hadn't posted pics of balloongate on his social media. I'm sure Dan Sweeney et all weren't too impressed either. So I wouldn't call him a 'bad egg', just 'not the cleverest egg in the carton'.

However one positive is that allowed DC to crack the whip and say this type of behaviour is not appropriate. Perhaps move him from a 'mate of the players' to 'manager' in their eyes.
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

As a previous poster said, we can only go by what we see on the pitch, something else may well have happened behind closed doors. To be honest I didnt think he was a great player anyway. We have much better than him in the current squad
talldarkslim

He was a solid player for us but he has a real lack of pace.
Psycho

hendon4bee wrote:I speak as i find. He was a gentleman and very nice to my nephew when he was mascot.

I wish him all the best for his future at Billericay.
I was a bit hard on the players after those pictures were shown.

But, after what Richard Brindley's been through, they have up-and-down lives just like us.

Thanks for your efforts, Robbo, and best of luck at Billericay.
BeeDeceived

mcleod23 wrote:

Can't have bad eggs. Hopefully his chum Reynolds will buck up his ideas with his party pal now gone to join the ricay.
Interesting how Robson and Reynolds get stick for the balloon photos, but not Sweeney and others who were also involved?
#Beebot

It wasn't the posting of the pictures that got Robson binned. It was the impact that had on relationships within the squad.
Bee_Forever

Up on main site now. Looks like he was sacked.

No sympathy. Stupid thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
#Beebot

I don't get the bit about an "appeal to the National League". What do they have to do with it?

There's got to be more to it than just the Instagram posts. It's a very delayed reaction if not as he continued to play after the incident.
ninestein

It could be taken several ways.

1. The player appealed to the National League believing that he had been treated unfairly having been disciplined by the club.

...or...

2. The club appealed to the NL so that we could release him from his contract.

...or...

3. The move to Billericay was instigated behind the club's back, and the appeal relates to that.

My guess is that it's the latter, as the PFA would probably been the party involved in the first scenario.

Either way, it's done and dusted. You know who we'll get in the 4th qualifying round....
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
WhitherAkurang

A fair enough player bot not the sharpest tool in the box. Re-tweeted a lot of Tommy Robinson-type rubbish
rudebwoyben

WhitherAkurang wrote:A fair enough player bot not the sharpest tool in the box. Re-tweeted a lot of Tommy Robinson-type rubbish
Oh dear...
Ajtheone04

Like others I feel he was a decent centre half but despite me not knowing anything about what he's done off the field he just doesn't look very professional. Think about it the man wore his cap backwards when posing for his signing photos
Move to billericay is good though he'll sit there and eat up that part time 2 grand a week all day long
Psycho

WhitherAkurang wrote:A fair enough player bot not the sharpest tool in the box. Re-tweeted a lot of Tommy Robinson-type rubbish
Maybe they'll draw Luton away in the FA Cup?
Psycho

I saw Tommy Robinson outside Kenilworth Road, queuing up for tickets with his little boy on that infamous New Year's Day match when it should have been abandoned due to monsoon-like conditions. Both waited patiently while everyone was getting drenched. He is a moron though.
amberforever

A very average Still signing so not too disappointed. Reynolds would be the one for me, how he gets to be captain is a mystery.