Wycombe Wanderers (Hive) The Chair We Go Again Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (Hive) The Chair We Go Again Thread

1-1 late on
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

Beeznizz wrote:Trialist Johnville RB is injured.
This guy?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/johnvil ... ler/345784

No sign of Ivan then?
barnet34

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (Hive) The Chair We Go Again Thread2

Good to have Mauro back he will need more game time,
john dockers shorts

We have a keeper at last!

First half
We knocked the ball around okay but Akinola and Mauro didn't provide any threat and Shaq was just Shaq.

At the back we were fine, Reynolds is definitely not a starter for me he is behind Sweeney and Santos.

Second half a lot better overall with Elito slick with his passing, EMC looking dangerous and Barham running them ragged. The kid on the right Vassilo or whatever his name looked tidy one for the future.

Charlie Adams just not very good and Sparkes despite scoring a tap in did nothing and the chances he got were poor. Both need new clubs.

New striker is a massive priority
barnet34

Good to have Mauro back. Boucoud and Akinola both seemed off the pace. 2nd half saw many changes for the better with vasilliou and EMC together with Elito creating chances. However as per usual nobody on the end of them. Surely were close to a very good side here, one good striker and we should be challenging. Callum Reynolds was one of the few that played 90mins and for me was our best player, playing some excellent long balls out wide. Can never understand the criticism he sometimes gets on this forum.
djhdjh

Reynolds is the sort of player who will look good in pre-season when there's nothing on it. When the pressure's on he gives the ball away in his own half too much and gets bullied too much, especially in the air. I imagine he'll start given he's captain and given that the other two often need a minder it's understandable but I'd go for Santos and Sweeney when everyone is available. Not that Reynolds is a bad player at this level but I think we need better to really push on.
Last edited by djhdjh on 13 Jul 2019, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
rudebwoyben

Fun fact: The Wycombe trialist who scored their equaliser is the son of Labour MP Barry Gardiner.
john dockers shorts

My biggest issue is he is captain ffs

If he is our leader again we will need help
Psycho

Never nice to concede an equaliser or winner in injury time but at least it came in pre-season.

The last two seasons we have given away a lot of goals near the end. This is something that Currie HAS to sort out because it could be the difference between mid-table and the play-offs.

To hold a side two divisions above is encouraging though. Maybe players like Sparkes will wake up and smell the coffee because they're in the shop window this season. Do nothing and it's another career next summer I'm afraid. He's scored in both PSF's so maybe the others will buck their ideas up too that are out of contract at the end of the season.
john dockers shorts

Sparkes may of scored but he contributed sweet FA.

Fingers crossed Still comes in with an offer so good we just can't stand in his way....

On a positive

Santos man mountain
Loach we have a man in goal who was having a go at the defence. His distribution was excellent.
Taylors played well

Lots of good stuff today
#Beebot

Currie really seems to be giving Sparkes another push towards the first team this season. It all strikes me as pointless, he just isn't quick enough or intelligent enough to be effective at this level.
becbee

Sparkes scored and ok, credit that he was in the right place at the right time - but I think even I could have scored that goal. What happened to the Wycombe defence?
Loach didn't have much to do but what he did do inspired confidence for the season ahead.
talldarkslim

It was actually a very enjoyable game. If you had not know there were two leagues between the two the difference was not obvious. EMC looked very dangerous and Vasilou tore Wycombe left side apart. We have to learn to take our chances as our shooting was really poor.
barnet1958

rudebwoyben wrote:Fun fact: The Wycombe trialist who scored their equaliser is the son of Labour MP Barry Gardiner.
Funny that - there was a bloke sitting near the half way line in the West Stand and at the time I thought he looked like Barry Gardiner. Maybe it was.
beew

talldarkslim wrote:It was actually a very enjoyable game. If you had not know there were two leagues between the two the difference was not obvious. EMC looked very dangerous and Vasilou tore Wycombe left side apart. We have to learn to take our chances as our shooting was really poor.
Sounds like a decent performance from us, which is encouraging. The two leagues apart comment has to be taken lightly given the amount of trialists Wycombe had on the pitch. Onwards and upwards as they say, and from DC’s after match summary he knows full well we need that special no.9 to come in ASAP.