Wes Fonguck

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Wes Fonguck

ninestein wrote:Decent player. Flourished better under Still as opposed to Currie. The only midfielder who seemed to find the net for us with any regularity.

A shame, but we move on. The squad size is going down...

If he moves to scotland, he could still end up playing against Fylde or Solihull in that Scottish cup.

I lovevthe way the article says that the agent intends to move him abroad. I'm sure Wes does have a say, but It's like these players can't make decisions for themselves.
I think it’s Wrexham and not Fylde who are one of the National League reps in the Irn Bru Cup this season!
pletch99

Bit sorry to see Wes go, but I'm not sure we will miss him that much. He certainly produced some great moments last year, but for me he never quite fitted the side and was something of a luxury player. He never quite seemed to learn to use his physique and wasn't much of a tackler, nor did he ever appear comfortable out wide. He could be really exciting with the ball at his feet around the edge of the area, but in too many games it just passed him by.

It will be interesting to see where he turns up - I think a league which is a bit less physical might really suit him. It would be interesting to know whether going abroad was his preferred option or whether he was short of offers over here, possibly because Barnet would have been due compensation.
ninestein

rudebwoyben wrote:
ninestein wrote:Decent player. Flourished better under Still as opposed to Currie. The only midfielder who seemed to find the net for us with any regularity.

If he moves to scotland, he could still end up playing against Fylde or Solihull in that Scottish cup.

I lovevthe way the article says that the agent intends to move him abroad. I'm sure Wes does have a say, but It's like these players can't make decisions for themselves.
I think it’s Wrexham and not Fylde who are one of the National League reps in the Irn Bru Cup this season!
Yes, it is Wrexham, you're quite right.

I guess it's always with heavy heart that we see a player leave when they have come through the academy AND really contributed to the side.

For me, Wes just lacked that bit of energy when we lost the ball and needed to track back and defend as a unit. There was a bit of huffing and puffing in that sense. But as a player at this level, i still think he could do a very good job.

Let's look at it this way, losing Wes is not going to stop us having a good season. We have enough midfielders. Adams, Boucaud, Vilhete, the Taylor brothers. All of them can play in the middle, as can Sweeney and Elito if it comes to it. The squad numbers have dropped by two in the space of one day. Time to get that striker in and complete the jigsaw.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

rudebwoyben wrote:

Yes, it's Wrexham and Solihull but this season it's called the Tunnock Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup !
ninestein

Dear god...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
peterstebbings

Never mind. Good goal return but he disappeared from matches.

Not a patch on J Taylor.

Gets the squad size down and hopefully could free up some pennies for a forward.
rudebwoyben

A shame as I would have liked to see him play in a more central role as left-wing was not his strongest position, but not a tragedy as his departure does not create any gaps in our squad. The best of luck to him.
Norfolkbee

Another one off the books, but, unfortunately, not the right one. The squad just got that much weaker.
beew

With all these departures we must have a huge budget to sign that elusive target man. Things are beginning to look better.
Last edited by beew on 17 Jul 2019, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
antbfc

Never quite cut it, not sure where his best position is. With the current crop of midfielders and only 5 subs he'd struggle to make the bench so can understand him wanting to move on.

No loss to us but best of luck to him.
john dockers shorts

He was the standout player at times last season in a midfield often consisting of Robson, Adams, Sparkes etc

So its a shame a talented player has left us but we were so crap last year I could of scored a few.

Best of luck to him.

If we can get rid of some of the other dog turd left in the squad things will look brighter
LadyBee

Norfolkbee wrote:Another one off the books, but, unfortunately, not the right one. The squad just got that much weaker.
Agreed. Always thought he had the makings of a CF and very sorry to see him go. Goodluck Wes, whetever you find yourself next seadon.
Psycho

Really sickened by this. We needed to build a team around Wes and we've lost one of our most talented players.

This will haunt us like Jamal Lowe. He'll be in the Championship at least in three or four years.
jamesharpin1

Psycho wrote:Really sickened by this. We needed to build a team around Wes and we've lost one of our most talented players.

This will haunt us like Jamal Lowe. He'll be in the Championship at least in three or four years.
Agree with this. Good player in the making. Luckily we have at least 2 more amazing prospects in Jack Taylor and Mason-Clark who will both undoubtedly play higher. Just got to hope they are on longer contracts
WinchyBee

Good luck Wes, he's been here for a very long time and players sometimes want a change - wish him all of the best.