Fixtures!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Fixtures!

Norfolkbee wrote:
barnetpete wrote:I miss the statement Dennis would put out about now, just as fans knickers were twisting, he'd remind everyone that Barnet won't announce or speculate about any transfers until they are over the line and confirmed. Just helped those who liked their knickers twisted to get that little more so.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that approach other than signings often tend to have the habit of coming out via the "other end", either the other club or the player himself. I may be wrong, but I believe the Loach signing was public knowledge before the club announced it.
The Loach signing was public knowledge on here in the same way that the Rhys Murphy ‘signing’ was public knowledge on here!

There were a few tweets flying about on the eve of the Loach signing, but I imagine it only reached as far as a relatively very small number of people, and as I say literally just in the day or so before the announcement
Norfolkbee

Tuesds wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
barnetpete wrote:I miss the statement Dennis would put out about now, just as fans knickers were twisting, he'd remind everyone that Barnet won't announce or speculate about any transfers until they are over the line and confirmed. Just helped those who liked their knickers twisted to get that little more so.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that approach other than signings often tend to have the habit of coming out via the "other end", either the other club or the player himself. I may be wrong, but I believe the Loach signing was public knowledge before the club announced it.
The Loach signing was public knowledge on here in the same way that the Rhys Murphy ‘signing’ was public knowledge on here!

There were a few tweets flying about on the eve of the Loach signing, but I imagine it only reached as far as a relatively very small number of people, and as I say literally just in the day or so before the announcement
I believe news of Faud Sule's pending arrival got out weeks, if not months, before he arrived for his cameo appearance.
Shmulib100

Nudger70 wrote:Potentially tough opening month Chesterfield Wrexham Torquay and Notts county all in August
Possibly good to be playing Yeovil and Notts both early. Relegated teams often take a bit of time to settle...
ninestein

Indeed. We faced Bristol Rovers in our 2nd game and beat them 2-0. They struggled to even score in their first few games until they eventually sussed out the division.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
john dockers shorts

Norfolkbee wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:What statement do you want???

Something along the lines of
'We are pursuing a number of players to add strength into the squad'

Just let the club get on with its buisness. Its like having my kids in the back of the car saying are we nearly there yet??? Over and over again
Did I say I wanted anything? Please read more carefully. Thank you.
Did I say you wanted anything my dear... :grrr:
Norfolkbee

john dockers shorts wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:What statement do you want???

Something along the lines of
'We are pursuing a number of players to add strength into the squad'

Just let the club get on with its buisness. Its like having my kids in the back of the car saying are we nearly there yet??? Over and over again
Did I say I wanted anything? Please read more carefully. Thank you.
Did I say you wanted anything my dear... :grrr:
"What statement do YOU want?" As I say, I don't want anything. I was merely pointing out that some natives are getting restless.
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:

I believe news of Faud Sule's pending arrival got out weeks, if not months, before he arrived for his cameo appearance.
The Irish media reported on it a couple of months before it went through.
letchbee94

Fixture list has been rather kind to us apart from getting Harrogate away on a Tuesday in October (Though that aint to bad to be fair).
Norfolkbee

In the days when newspapers had dedicated reporters covering specific clubs, it was nigh on impossible for news not to get out. It was a case of go to your club contacts and find out what was going on. "Shake a few trees and see what drops out," was the motto. These days - against a backdrop of continuous cutbacks - these journalists are few and far between. Papers are now reliant on the club website for news or get their "news" from a club's PR guru, which usually comes liberally laced with bias and spin. The clubs decide, which, if any player, is available for interview. Either that or it is players' agents working to their clients' agendas. This means that the clubs set the news agenda, only letting out what they want. Back in the day, the best feeling in world was for any angry manager to demand "how the f#!k did you get that?" Happy days that, sadly, are gone forever.
becbee

letchbee94 wrote:Fixture list has been rather kind to us apart from getting Harrogate away on a Tuesday in October (Though that aint to bad to be fair).
We are at Hartlepool the Saturday before so either two long days of travel within 4 days or perhaps make a short break away.
hoppy

On Saturday 12th October Barnet are at home to Woking.
There are no Premier League or Championship matches on this day. This day has been designated "Non League Day".
Many clubs do special deals and marketing initiatives on Non League Day to attract fans from the big clubs.
Perhaps, just perhaps, our club will come up with something to get potential new fans through the turnstiles.
Or am I being just a trifle naive???
ninestein

Make the club aware of this now, just in case they haven't clocked it. No excuses. We have to embrace that opportunity to get new fans in.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoppy

ninestein wrote:Make the club aware of this now, just in case they haven't clocked it. No excuses. We have to embrace that opportunity to get new fans in.
A job for the Supporters Liason Group??
StephenM

England are also away that weekend which avoids any potential Wembley clash.
barnet_pls

Anyone have a download able fixture link for google /outlook calendars?