Page 26 of 32

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 14:50
by #Beebot
Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 14:53
by #Beebot
adher36 wrote:If we had Martin Allen in charge, he would have had his man in place on the first day of pre season because he wouldn't have taken no as an answer from TK.


One of your more sensible posts. As I said previously, in 14/15 every time Macdonald picked up even the slightest of knocks, Allen would bring someone in on loan.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 14:53
by Norfolkbee
#Beebot wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.

Where is he now? Is he ex-Spurs?
If true, it does prove that DC is at least considering a loan from the Prem or Championship.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 15:07
by hoofer2
adher36 wrote:This indecisiveness is going to cost a place in the Football League, which is unforgivable. We could be 10 points off of top spot come Monday evening just because our manager can't make his mind up and / or persuade his chairman to stump required the cash up.

If we had Martin Allen in charge, he would have had his man in place on the first day of pre season because he wouldn't have taken no as an answer from TK.

.....who would have proven to be s**t or injured only to be replaced by loan in October. Akinde the exception

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 15:10
by #Beebot
Norfolkbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:A friend of mine in the Midlands told me that he was close to signing a striker on loan from Leicester City, who ended up going to a League Two club.
Ryan Loft, I assume? His career record reads 0 goals in 15 games.

Where is he now? Is he ex-Spurs?
If true, it does prove that DC is at least considering a loan from the Prem or Championship.


On loan at Carlisle. He signed for Leicester after being released by Spurs.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 10:14
by Tuesds
Shame about Loft - we need someone up top. Really lagging now - when we finally sign someone it’ll raise the roof around here

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 11:17
by Norfolkbee
Tuesds wrote:Shame about Loft - we need someone up top. Really lagging now - when we finally sign someone it’ll raise the roof around here

We'd all have felt it a cause to have re- joist and celebrated with a night on the tiles. Truss me.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 11:33
by Reckless
Loft started as a midfielder but was converted into a striker.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 13:36
by Mr Smart
Reckless wrote:Loft started as a midfielder but was converted into a striker.

Very clever! :hi:

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 09:07
by BeeBoi1980
8 weeks after the anxiety started, how are people feeling!?

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 09:53
by Roy57
Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 10:01
by Eltel
I think unless someone is available who DC thinks is exceptional he will struggle on with the current players. Its a shame and I hope I am wrong as we desperately need a proper target man who can head the ball and is a threat at corners and free kicks.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 10:18
by becbee
Roy57 wrote:Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.


Who has suggested MA? I haven't heard anybody suggest him.
He made a total mess at Chesterfield, I can't imagine anybody employing him again.

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 11:07
by mcleod23
becbee wrote:
Roy57 wrote:Cannot believe supporters are still mentioning Martin Allen and think he should be brought back. How many times does someone have to walk out on you before you say enough is enough. TC cannot even consider Allen. Especially when we have a young hungry manager in Darren Curry.


Who has suggested MA? I haven't heard anybody suggest him.
He made a total mess at Chesterfield, I can't imagine anybody employing him again.


Never say never with MA and Barnet, we should all know that by now!

Re: Striker signing anxiety

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 11:26
by Norfolkbee
Eltel wrote:I think unless someone is available who DC thinks is exceptional he will struggle on with the current players. Its a shame and I hope I am wrong as we desperately need a proper target man who can head the ball and is a threat at corners and free kicks.

Which brings us back to "hunt the unicorn"!