Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby #Beebot » 15 Aug 2019, 19:04

Bettamer has joined Hemel on loan
#Beebot
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby hoppy » 15 Aug 2019, 19:09

#Beebot wrote:Bettamer has joined Hemel on loan


Hemel v Wealdstone on Saturday.
Hat trick, please, Mo.
hoppy
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby letchbee94 » 15 Aug 2019, 19:17

Anticipating news of a striker coming in next.
letchbee94
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Norfolkbee » 15 Aug 2019, 19:34

Alex Wall coming the other way would be nice. :whistle:
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Tuesds » 15 Aug 2019, 21:03

Fondop is unlikely to have agreed to end his contract at Wrexham without something else lined up. Really wouldn’t be surprised if it’s with us. Can’t help but wonder if we’ve let Bettamer go because we’ve got a striker lined up...
Tuesds
 
Posts: 1857
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby #Beebot » 15 Aug 2019, 21:10

Norfolkbee wrote:Alex Wall coming the other way would be nice. :whistle:


Hemel are being heavily bankrolled this year and are one of the few NL South teams who can afford a significant chunk of Bettamer's wages.

Maidenhead tried to re-sign Wall in the summer. I heard that Hemel blew their offer out of the water.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby #Beebot » 15 Aug 2019, 21:18

While we could do worse than Fondop, if he is the number 9 we have waited months for then that's a serious let down.

The potential is certainly there, and his style is similar to Akinde's in many ways, but numerous clubs have tried to get the best out of him at this level and failed. He's too inconsistent and there are too many question marks about his attitude.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Norfolkbee » 15 Aug 2019, 21:34

#Beebot wrote:While we could do worse than Fondop, if he is the number 9 we have waited months for then that's a serious let down.

The potential is certainly there, and his style is similar to Akinde's in many ways, but numerous clubs have tried to get the best out of him at this level and failed. He's too inconsistent and there are too many question marks about his attitude.

I know nothing about this lad other than what I've read, but weren't there all sorts of doubts surrounding Akinde prior to his relatively successful season at Alfreton? I believe some of Bristol Rovers million fans actually laughed when MA signed him. Sometimes it takes players time to settle at the right club, not that they all do.
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Guiseleybee » 15 Aug 2019, 22:08

edgeog wrote:I thought the idea of moving from Underhill was because it was so limited that we needed other possible income revenues to help fund the Team. The move to the Hive has partly achieved this but it seems only TK,s bank balance has improved and not the Team. 5 years after leaving Underhill, we are in no better position than before. We now have a Café, Gym, 3g Pitches, Motor Cycling Training School, Medical Centre and not forgetting numerous Weddings/Functions all bringing in vast sums of revenue, but not seemingly going to the important places like the Team. I do understand that the Hive build isn't cheap and only partially completed, with a new Stand/Indoor 3g/Hotel/ Car park and Sports Hall yet to be finished, but I would like to see TK come out with a proper statement of intent. If he intends to finish the Hive building first, then please tell Supporters this, as I am sure Fans would be more understanding and less impatient. Stringing people along about a possible promotion push needs to be put into evidence, as with the current squad it is not realistic.We have generally the same players(except 2) as last season, and other than the cup run,they hardly pulled up any trees. It is glaringly obvious to everyone where the problems lie(goals scored) but this is not being addressed. We may have changed styles of play, but the end result is still exactly the same(lack of Goals). Last season we were the 4th lowest goal scorers, and so far this season only 5 sides have scored fewer goals than us, but out of the 4 we have managed, only 2 are from open play. For weeks, DC kept on saying that hopefully by next week, we should have a couple of signings, but nothing ever materialised. The Players ARE out there, but the question is, why aren't they coming to the Hive. Is it because of rumours they have heard about the place, is it because we won't pay a transfer fee, is it because we won't pay a loan fee, or just that we won't pay the required wages. Supporters need to be told what the clubs priorities are, then maybe some of the disharmony will elapse, and Fans can look forward to watching a Great Team in a Great Stadium.


This is a great post and I’d certainly love to hear what TK is thinking. Five years since the Hive move and the whole project has been a complete dichotomy of success in creating a sporting complex generating many different income streams BUT failure with the heart and soul of Barnet FC long gone. Most importantly gates have fallen away and we actually have one of the lowest average gates in the National League. This cannot possibly have been TK’s vision when we left Underhill. The footballing side, what should be the most important aspect of the whole project, has been abject failure. My gut feeling is TK would love to exit but wants to get us back in the league first. There’s no talk these days of what a break even attendance is but it’s hard to know where we stand vs other NL clubs in terms of squad budget. Presumably finances have been the stumbling block to bringing a striker in. Despite the cup run last season we don’t appear to be able to compete with the likes of Solihull Moors.

Anyhow, it looks like the search is over with Bettamer going out on loan. The anxiety has lasted far longer than it should have when I started this post. If it’s Fondop, let’s hope it was worth the wait.
Guiseleybee
 
Posts: 271
Joined: 11 May 2011, 23:08

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Agewills » 16 Aug 2019, 09:13

We had a pretty hefty playing budget a couple of years ago but it didn't help much as it wasn't spent well! You could argue that The Hive has done it's job in terms of generating money for the first team, it's just that we didn't use it wisely. Not that I am sticking up for the move to the Hive mind, just pointing out that it has generated money for the club and has probably meant that we're not in the situation of the likes of Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton etc.
Agewills
 
Posts: 492
Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 10:00

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby barnet_pls » 16 Aug 2019, 09:53

If we're going for Fondop - someone supposely with a bad attitude, wouldn't we have been better off developing Amaluzor over the past 6 months into what we needed ?
barnet_pls
 
Posts: 454
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 08:33

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Doyley » 16 Aug 2019, 10:03

I recall Fondop when we played Maidenhead away, and I thought he looked decent, with DC's guidance could be a good addition
Doyley
 
Posts: 336
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 22:24

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Doyley » 16 Aug 2019, 10:35

barnet_pls wrote:If we're going for Fondop - someone supposely with a bad attitude, wouldn't we have been better off developing Amaluzor over the past 6 months into what we needed ?


Amaluzor had enough chances, plus when I saw him at Braintree last season, was not impressed
Doyley
 
Posts: 336
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 22:24

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby Mr Smart » 16 Aug 2019, 11:32

By the accounts I’ve heard from within the club, his attitude and behaviour wasn’t just holding him back, he was having a negative impact on his team mates. When a player’s behaviour gets to that point you just need to get rid.

Starting again away from the familiarity of the hive was what Amuluzor needed
Mr Smart
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 18:20

Re: Striker signing anxiety

Postby dpa » 16 Aug 2019, 12:01

Guiseleybee wrote:
edgeog wrote:I thought the idea of moving from Underhill was because it was so limited that we needed other possible income revenues to help fund the Team. The move to the Hive has partly achieved this but it seems only TK,s bank balance has improved and not the Team. 5 years after leaving Underhill, we are in no better position than before. We now have a Café, Gym, 3g Pitches, Motor Cycling Training School, Medical Centre and not forgetting numerous Weddings/Functions all bringing in vast sums of revenue, but not seemingly going to the important places like the Team. I do understand that the Hive build isn't cheap and only partially completed, with a new Stand/Indoor 3g/Hotel/ Car park and Sports Hall yet to be finished, but I would like to see TK come out with a proper statement of intent. If he intends to finish the Hive building first, then please tell Supporters this, as I am sure Fans would be more understanding and less impatient. Stringing people along about a possible promotion push needs to be put into evidence, as with the current squad it is not realistic.We have generally the same players(except 2) as last season, and other than the cup run,they hardly pulled up any trees. It is glaringly obvious to everyone where the problems lie(goals scored) but this is not being addressed. We may have changed styles of play, but the end result is still exactly the same(lack of Goals). Last season we were the 4th lowest goal scorers, and so far this season only 5 sides have scored fewer goals than us, but out of the 4 we have managed, only 2 are from open play. For weeks, DC kept on saying that hopefully by next week, we should have a couple of signings, but nothing ever materialised. The Players ARE out there, but the question is, why aren't they coming to the Hive. Is it because of rumours they have heard about the place, is it because we won't pay a transfer fee, is it because we won't pay a loan fee, or just that we won't pay the required wages. Supporters need to be told what the clubs priorities are, then maybe some of the disharmony will elapse, and Fans can look forward to watching a Great Team in a Great Stadium.


This is a great post and I’d certainly love to hear what TK is thinking. Five years since the Hive move and the whole project has been a complete dichotomy of success in creating a sporting complex generating many different income streams BUT failure with the heart and soul of Barnet FC long gone. Most importantly gates have fallen away and we actually have one of the lowest average gates in the National League. This cannot possibly have been TK’s vision when we left Underhill. The footballing side, what should be the most important aspect of the whole project, has been abject failure. My gut feeling is TK would love to exit but wants to get us back in the league first. There’s no talk these days of what a break even attendance is but it’s hard to know where we stand vs other NL clubs in terms of squad budget. Presumably finances have been the stumbling block to bringing a striker in. Despite the cup run last season we don’t appear to be able to compete with the likes of Solihull Moors.

Anyhow, it looks like the search is over with Bettamer going out on loan. The anxiety has lasted far longer than it should have when I started this post. If it’s Fondop, let’s hope it was worth the wait.


A great original post and followed up by a great reply. :y:
dpa
 
Posts: 368
Joined: 11 Sep 2012, 13:06
Location: Somewhere in the Midlands

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jerroll, lemming3k, Pingorock and 21 guests