Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
antbfc

Re: Striker signing anxiety

BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:There is also the fact that we have shed both Tarpey and Harrison, who were almost certainly top earners, and brought in nobody to replace them. This would lead to the conclusion that there is money there, so other factors must be involved. I should imagine that Barnet are capable of at least matching most clubs in the National League when it comes to playing budgets.
You’d be surprised. McCallum’s apparently on £2,500 a week at Solihull. We’re never matching that at this level.
You're massively underestimating our budget
Norfolkbee

antbfc wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:There is also the fact that we have shed both Tarpey and Harrison, who were almost certainly top earners, and brought in nobody to replace them. This would lead to the conclusion that there is money there, so other factors must be involved. I should imagine that Barnet are capable of at least matching most clubs in the National League when it comes to playing budgets.
You’d be surprised. McCallum’s apparently on £2,500 a week at Solihull. We’re never matching that at this level.
So Tarpey and Harrison were on peanuts? I bet if you add the two together you'd be getting up towards that figure.
BeeDeceived

antbfc wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
Nope. You're massively underestimating the cost of running a squad of 28 professional footballers within national league requirements with 1,000 people crowds.
Norfolkbee

BeeDeceived wrote:
antbfc wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
Nope. You're massively underestimating the cost of running a squad of 28 professional footballers within national league requirements with 1,000 people crowds.
So if Tarpey had been fit and fully functioning and Harrison had turned out to be the new Akinde, the club would've been in dire financial problems by the end of this season?
BeeDeceived

Norfolkbee wrote: So if Tarpey had been fit and fully functioning and Harrison had turned out to be the new Akinde, the club would've been in dire financial problems by the end of this season?
No, because if that was the case we'd be back in the football league with much higher payments from that league.
NoMagRyan

I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the fact we still have a bloated squad with far too many players on the books.
antbfc

BeeDeceived wrote:
antbfc wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
For reasons I'm not getting into on a public forum I don't need to estimate the costs...

Think you would baulk at what a certain Mr Robson was earning if you think we can't afford McMallum's wages.
BeeDeceived

antbfc wrote: For reasons I'm not getting into on a public forum I don't need to estimate the costs...

Think you would baulk at what a certain Mr Robson was earning if you think we can't afford McMallum's wages.
I wouldn't be surprised.

I think you would baulk at what a certain Mr Bettamer is currently earning.
antbfc

... exactly my point. Wages for McCallum are not the issue.
BeeDeceived

But Robson was still at the club before McCallum joined Solihull and Bettamer is still here, so we don't magically have those wages!?
Norfolkbee

If Bettamer is on that money, he should be put to work earning it. Football must be one of the few jobs where employees can sit around doing nothing and still earn a comfortable salary. He was brought in off the back of the goals he scored at Braintree, so what went wrong? Has the relationship between him and DC really soured that much? Remember that nobody was that fussed when Sweeney was frozen out, but he got another chance, took it and the rest is history.
Mem Beespod

BeeDeceived wrote:
At this level is the key point. Big John was on a lot more than this when he was at Barnet
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
BeeBoi1980

Could Jerrol confirm whether we are the joint second lowest scorers from open play (open play including set pieces, just not pens, if we exclude set pieces then we could be joint lowest scorers)?
BeeDeceived

Norfolkbee wrote:If Bettamer is on that money, he should be put to work earning it. Football must be one of the few jobs where employees can sit around doing nothing and still earn a comfortable salary. He was brought in off the back of the goals he scored at Braintree, so what went wrong? Has the relationship between him and DC really soured that much? Remember that nobody was that fussed when Sweeney was frozen out, but he got another chance, took it and the rest is history.
He's still training and playing behind closed doors games etc. If he's not good enough in those, he won't be good enough for the first team.
Norfolkbee

BeeDeceived wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:If Bettamer is on that money, he should be put to work earning it. Football must be one of the few jobs where employees can sit around doing nothing and still earn a comfortable salary. He was brought in off the back of the goals he scored at Braintree, so what went wrong? Has the relationship between him and DC really soured that much? Remember that nobody was that fussed when Sweeney was frozen out, but he got another chance, took it and the rest is history.
He's still training and playing behind closed doors games etc. If he's not good enough in those, he won't be good enough for the first team.
Maybe he needs a needs a kick up the ar$e and a strong "last chance saloon" lecture. He was signed (apparently on good money) to do a job and we've hardly seen him. If it is a personal fall-out, it should be put aside.