Striker signing anxiety

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Striker signing anxiety

The problems go back to the situation with John Still and it lies much deeper than the massive number of substandard signings he made. There is no doubting that TK gave JS a free hand with signings he made, while he concentrated on other activities at The Hive. He was probably trusted more than any other manager we have had. TK identified him as a safe pair of hands to look after the football side.
The plan was probably for JS to get the team back on an even keel after relegation with a decent shot at promotion back to the EFL at the first attempt.
Most likely the plan was for JS to eventually step up to director of football role for a season or so to help DC's transition to head coach or manager. Still's abrupt departure for whatever reason put a massive spanner in the works and left DC to "learn on the job". He is now facing his first major challenge - signing a striker. The fully focused John Still of old would never have struggled to find a striker.
adher36

10% of the season gone, and to not have a big target man striker is inexcusable. It won't be long before we are way too far behind the leading pack and we will be scraping for 7th place at best. Sheer incompetence and penny pinching from the club.
Patel89

Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

JA earns £3.5k at lincoln i know and agree he got a pay rise at BFC but not to the figures you stated
Double that figure and add a bit more and you’ll be much closer. He was earning more than that at Barnet.

for a fact that's a load of tosh no chance he was not on more than this at BFC

sorry it's nonsense
Patel89

Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

JA earns £3.5k at lincoln i know and agree he got a pay rise at BFC but not to the figures you stated
Double that figure and add a bit more and you’ll be much closer. He was earning more than that at Barnet.

sorry it's nonsense
Mem Beespod

Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

sorry it's nonsense
Are you TK?
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
WeAreBarnet

Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

sorry it's nonsense
He's saying he was earning more than 3.5k not 7.5k

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Patel89

Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

sorry it's nonsense
Are you TK?
are you?
Patel89

Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

Are you TK?
are you?
LoudmouthBFC

Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:

Are you TK?
are you?[/quote]
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (3.46 MiB) Viewed 3147 times
b4life

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:
Patel89 wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:

Are you TK?

are you?

YAWN!

We haven't signed a decent striker hence it's probably just going to be another mediocre mid table struggle this season. Do we need to say anything more at this stage?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Tuesds

Powerful striker Mike Fondop departs Wrexham by mutual consent. Perhaps he’s agreed to cancel his contract because he’s got another one lined up elsewhere?
jerroll

Tuesds wrote:Powerful striker Mike Fondop departs Wrexham by mutual consent. Perhaps he’s agreed to cancel his contract because he’s got another one lined up elsewhere?
I'm sure Beebot will have an opinion on him having spent the back end of last season on loan at Maidenhead.
jamesharpin1

Video of Mike Fondops highlights. Exactly the type of player we need. Goal record is not great but neither was John Akindes before he came in. I reckon it would be a good signing.
https://youtu.be/MLINfagmZ8Q
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:
Tuesds wrote:Powerful striker Mike Fondop departs Wrexham by mutual consent. Perhaps he’s agreed to cancel his contract because he’s got another one lined up elsewhere?
I'm sure Beebot will have an opinion on him having spent the back end of last season on loan at Maidenhead.
Tall, strong and quick, but for me he doesn't get involved enough and spends too much time on the shoulder of the last defender when he should be dropping deep. His finishing is also pretty questionable.

Would he be a useful addition given our current striker problems? Yes. But I don't think he's the type of player we're looking for. He was not popular at Wrexham due to a perceived lack of effort and allegedly turning up overweight for pre-season this year.

Adrian Clifton was far more like the type of player we are looking for but Bromley got in early.
BeeDeceived

There was a post on twitter the other day. 7/10 player now, 8/10 player by end of august or 9/10 player in Jan.

This geezer's a 5/10 and only worth a quick glance. Not for me.