Close season question

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Close season question

Players can actually move clubs now. A player joined Carlisle from Gateshead yesterday and another has gone from Bath to Bristol City, to name but two.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:Players can actually move clubs now. A player joined Carlisle from Gateshead yesterday and another has gone from Bath to Bristol City, to name but two.
Players on part time contracts will move now, players on fulltime contracts will sign pre contract agreements awaiting the expiry of their contracts on 30th June. They can't actually be registered until the summer transfer window opens next month!
becbee

Norfolkbee wrote:Players can actually move clubs now. A player joined Carlisle from Gateshead yesterday and another has gone from Bath to Bristol City, to name but two.
Gateshead have released all bar one player (and even he becomes a free agent end of the month) so obviously there's nothing stopping clubs signing their ex players. That's hardly relevant as to whether or not we sign anybody yet.

A NLS player is hardly likely to prevaricate on a move to a local Championship side.
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
Gateshead have released all bar one player (and even he becomes a free agent end of the month) so obviously there's nothing stopping clubs signing their ex players. That's hardly relevant as to whether or not we sign anybody yet.

A NLS player is hardly likely to prevaricate on a move to a local Championship side.
I think people are missing my point, but heigh ho. I'm sure things are Barnet will become clearer sooner or (probably) later.
BeesKnees99

Charlee Adams has just completed surgery, not sure when we’ll see him back.

I’ve seen lots of a divided opinion about Adams... would you keep or release? For me, a bang average NL player but performed very well against Sheffield United (as did all the players).
#Beebot

beesknees99 wrote:Charlee Adams has just completed surgery, not sure when we’ll see him back.

I’ve seen lots of a divided opinion about Adams... would you keep or release? For me, a bang average NL player but performed very well against Sheffield United (as did all the players).
I think he's fine as backup at this level but for me his passing is not where it needs to be. Also he seems to be all about making big crunching tackles rather than consistently positioning himself well enough to not have to make them.

On a 2 year deal anyway though.
Norfolkbee

#Beebot wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:Charlee Adams has just completed surgery, not sure when we’ll see him back.

I think he's fine as backup at this level but for me his passing is not where it needs to be. Also he seems to be all about making big crunching tackles rather than consistently positioning himself well enough to not have to make them.

The words surgery and two-year deal concern me when you take into account experiences with some other casualties in recent years.
MCB

Charlee Adams was injured in January, and only 2 weeks ago was filming himself in the gym with Mauro. Was this a setback?
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:

The words surgery and two-year deal concern me when you take into account experiences with some other casualties in recent years.
You know all those players we signed last summer who weren't great but we haven't released yet? Yep, they're all on 2 year deals too.
amberforever

Is it the case then that “Stills Stunners” will be with us for another year? :-(
jerroll

amberforever wrote:Is it the case then that “Stills Stunners” will be with us for another year? :-(
unless the club are able to move them on they will be , hopefully the delay in releasing the retained list is due to negotiations taking place to shift 1 or 2 of them!
amberforever

Thanks Jerroll. There’s hope for us yet then!