Summer reading

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
finchleyman

Re: Summer reading

£2.29 on ebay
TheOwlBarnet

Thanks finchleyman. The players who are lurking on here should be snapping it up!
dawat

rudebwoyben wrote:
becbee wrote:The Jewish Sabbath is sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. Why is that any stranger than Christians having Sunday and Muslims having Friday as their Holy Day?
Spurs don't so much "get round it" as have attendance on Saturdays from less religious fans. As do Barnet. It's probably more that those fans just don't wear their skull caps to matches so you just don't notice them.
It all depends on the type of your religious affiliation and that for many Jews like myself, being Jewish is more of a cultural affiliation than a religious. I went to a Reform Synagogue and don’t find attending Saturday matches an issue at all. Jews from Liberal, Progressive, Reform and Masorti congregations will go to matches on Saturdays. The Jewish supporters who you’d see wearing kippot will be from United/Conservative congregations and will find attendance at Saturday matches problematic. As for Charedi Jews, that’s pretty obvious!
As for Shabbat falling on Saturday, what’s strange about that? Sunday is the first day of the week and is a working day in most non-Christian countries.
As a pagan history buff, I thought that a bit of clarification might help about the Sabbath day for you fellow fans. The Sabbath day was originally Saturday and derived from the Jewish faith as mentioned in the ten commandments. In fact if you look at Calender's in Italy and Spain their current word for Saturday is Sabato & Sabado respectively, giving you a big clue! The Christian Sabbath of Sunday derived from an attempt to blend the emerging new Christian faith with the existing worship of the Sun god that was widespread in the Roman Empire at that time, so the Sabbath day was moved to the Sun Day to differentiate it from its Jewish roots. It was also about this time the the halo (sun burst effect around the head of deity) was first introduced and subsequently copied by later artists!
Here endeth the lesson!
MCB

TheOwlBarnet wrote: Players monitoring the message boards and social media, about themselves - and particpati8ng too using pseudonyms.
Contrary to what people may think, players do do this. Obviously twitter is more public (think - Mark Byrne and the 'if he gets another league club i'll eat my hat') but players have been on here using pseudonyms. I've no idea about current players but a couple regularly did (and regularly agitated) during PF's time. One was a complete arsehole.

It's generally a good thing to be considered in your opinions as it will get back to the players.