Group Financial Statements

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
djhdjh

Re: Group Financial Statements

Something interesting directly relating to the players is that it is stated that player registrations as an intangible asset are given a useful life of 30 months on the basis that this is the average length of contract. This is very interesting to me as I would have thought that this was on the high side. My guess is that as we only amortise contracts for people we pay money for they will tend to have longer contracts than players we bring in on a free and therefore it actually means average length of contract for those we bring in for money rather than the whole squad. Hope so, anyway.

Also, the player registrations show that we paid £105,000 for Tarpey (unless we paid money for someone else I'm forgetting in the financial year). There's also some other stuff that would be revealed in that section (intangible assets) but I can't be arsed to work it out now.
Norfolkbee

Re: Group Financial Statements

djhdjh wrote:Something interesting directly relating to the players is that it is stated that player registrations as an intangible asset are given a useful life of 30 months on the basis that this is the average length of contract. This is very interesting to me as I would have thought that this was on the high side. My guess is that as we only amortise contracts for people we pay money for they will tend to have longer contracts than players we bring in on a free and therefore it actually means average length of contract for those we bring in for money rather than the whole squad. Hope so, anyway.

Also, the player registrations show that we paid £105,000 for Tarpey (unless we paid money for someone else I'm forgetting in the financial year). There's also some other stuff that would be revealed in that section (intangible assets) but I can't be arsed to work it out now.
Did a few Bob change hands to bring Fuad Sule to the club? He apparently came highly rated, although we will never know just how good he is. It was money wasted, if indeed a fee did change hands. I actually felt quite sorry for him when you consider he never got a chance in a position where we were badly lacking.