Ups & Downs

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
amberforever

Re: Ups & Downs

Went to MK franchise v Mansfield yesterday expecting to see a quality top of table promotion battle. The quality from both was unbelievably bad especially Mansfield. Struggled to put two passes together. If Barnet had played like that there would be a very bad reaction on the forum. Based on that there is little to fear about going up.!
BeesKnees99

Woking will be joining us next season.
becbee

Chorley win on penalties.
hoppy

A winding up petition on Notts County has been adjourned again to allow more time for the club to get sold. Notts County owe the taxman £800,000.
My question is, will they be allowed to play in the National League if the situation re the debt and the ownership is not resolved by the time of the National League's AGM?
hoofer2

hoppy wrote:A winding up petition on Notts County has been adjourned again to allow more time for the club to get sold. Notts County owe the taxman £800,000.
My question is, will they be allowed to play in the National League if the situation re the debt and the ownership is not resolved by the time of the National League's AGM?
They've been very fortunate to have gotten away with it for so long where others have not....gone are the days when we saw Paul Harding play a Division 1 game for them live n TV :(
ninestein

hoppy wrote:A winding up petition on Notts County has been adjourned again to allow more time for the club to get sold. Notts County owe the taxman £800,000.
I can't help but think that the likes of Salisbury and Hereford were demoted for far less debt, but I may be wrong?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

ninestein wrote:
I can't help but think that the likes of Salisbury and Hereford were demoted for far less debt, but I may be wrong?
I'm sure the NL changed rules after the Boston debacle meaning they have to take a relegated team as they did when Chester City came down in a real mess. County will therefore have until the Agm at the end of next season to get their house in order! Both Hereford & Salisbury were owned by people of 'dubious' nature where as Notts were fine until Alan Hardy's personal businesses went belly up & he is willing to sell unlike those other clubs.
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
ninestein wrote:
I'm sure the NL changed rules after the Boston debacle meaning they have to take a relegated team as they did when Chester City came down in a real mess. County will therefore have until the Agm at the end of next season to get their house in order! Both Hereford & Salisbury were owned by people of 'dubious' nature where as Notts were fine until Alan Hardy's personal businesses went belly up & he is willing to sell unlike those other clubs.
It seems to me that there are big similarities between Notts County and Gateshead. If Jerrol is correct re the NL rule change it may mean then that Notts County play in the NL next season but Gateshead do not.
jerroll

hoppy

jerroll wrote:The attached article may help hopy

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-16250948
Thanks Jerrol. You've got to feel for the fans of these cash-strapped Clubs.
We've been there so we can sympathise.
Like or loathe TK at least we are financially stable. I'm sure that many of these Clubs wish they had a TK instead of what they have/had.