Coptall

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Monsieur Abeille

Coptall

I see that Middlesex county cricket club are looking to build facilities next to Saracens. Shame that they could do what we couldn't.

Mind you, I don't imagine the crusty buggers from Lords will be too upset that its in Herts rather than Middx.
Norfolkbee

Re: Coptall

It is also interesting to note that Saracens have a new deal to play at least one game a season at the new Spurs ground. Can't help wondering if this is a precursor to a more permanent arrangement.
DerekRocholl

Norfolkbee wrote:It is also interesting to note that Saracens have a new deal to play at least one game a season at the new Spurs ground. Can't help wondering if this is a precursor to a more permanent arrangement.
A ground swap ?
DerekRocholl

Monsieur Abeille wrote:I see that Middlesex county cricket club are looking to build facilities next to Saracens. Shame that they could do what we couldn't.

Mind you, I don't imagine the crusty buggers from Lords will be too upset that its in Herts rather than Middx.
In retrospect I don’t suppose TKs form with cricket would have made this the best of arrangements for Middlesex CC. We had Barnet CC playing next to us at Underhill and he managed to help kill them off when he took over their ground and pavilion.
rudebwoyben

Monsieur Abeille wrote:I see that Middlesex county cricket club are looking to build facilities next to Saracens. Shame that they could do what we couldn't.

Mill Hill is in the non-existent county of Middx rather than Herts.
Norfolkbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:It is also interesting to note that Saracens have a new deal to play at least one game a season at the new Spurs ground. Can't help wondering if this is a precursor to a more permanent arrangement.
A ground swap ?
In all seriousness, I do think Daniel Levy and Co will be looking at ways to recoup some of the £squillions overspend on the project. NFL is a novelty but hardly likely to become more than that, whereas Premiership Rugby Union . . .
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:

I'm sure I once hit a six playing at Mill Hill Village and somebody told me the ball had gone into the next county! Maybe this was an urban myth or a load of bollocks but I didn't half time it sweetly.
jerroll

They can only play sonething like 14 games a season at Copthall as a condition of their planning permission so have to play games elsewhere during the season.
jerroll

They aleady play games at Radlett and Lords hasn't been in Middx since ancient forest times!!
Last edited by jerroll on 03 Apr 2019, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
DerekRocholl

Norfolkbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
A ground swap ?
In all seriousness, I do think Daniel Levy and Co will be looking at ways to recoup some of the £squillions overspend on the project. NFL is a novelty but hardly likely to become more than that, whereas Premiership Rugby Union . . .

The NFL games will be a sell out as soon as the tickets are put on offer. The whole place is designed with an NFL style match day experience in mind. A London franchise team is only a matter of time.
MCB

Hiveoccupier wrote: The NFL games will be a sell out as soon as the tickets are put on offer. The whole place is designed with an NFL style match day experience in mind. A London franchise team is only a matter of time.
Yup - to quote "The NFL has invested £10 million ($12.8m) in Tottenham's new stadium, just over 1% of the budget. The stadium will feature the world's first dividing retractable pitch, and it will be the first stadium in the UK to have two pitches inside: a retractable grass pitch for football, and a synthetic surface underneath for NFL games and other events."

So a big funding and revenue source, and the pitch won't be ruined!
Monsieur Abeille

jerroll wrote:

They aleady play games at Radlett and Lords has never been in Middx anyway!
Jerroll - I regard you as the font of all knowledge and you are rightly revered here, but I must summon the god of pedantry to plead my case. I'm pretty certain that St Johns Wood was in Middlesex until 1889. The current Lords ground was built in 1814, and Middlesex CC moved in 1877, so they had 12 glorious years in the right county!

I take rudeboys point though that Coptall may be in Middx
hoppy

So, just to clarify, was St John's Wood once an ancient forest?
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:

I'm sure I once hit a six playing at Mill Hill Village and somebody told me the ball had gone into the next county! Maybe this was an urban myth or a load of bollocks but I didn't half time it sweetly.
I think the Herts/Middx border is nearby!
Norfolkbee

hoppy wrote:So, just to clarify, was St John's Wood once an ancient forest?
Most of the London area was once covered by forest.