MCB

Re: $alford (a) The Dirty Rich Clowns Match Thread

National League highlights up if you can deal with the horrific adverts

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... eos/144195
Norfolkbee

MCB wrote:
pgbee wrote:
let_it_bee wrote:Anyone got anything to say about the actual performance yesterday? I've learnt not to set much store by the official match reports, which tend to be rather bland, so prefer to hear from fans who were actually there.
Our Match report has some description exactly word for word with the BBC report (Press association), anyone know who cribs from who?
Aaron our marketing manager was there doing commentary / twitter so I assume he wrote the report we read.

Possibly a co-incidence or just too similar?
Seldom easy to write a 200-250 word report on a goalless draw. Take it from one who knows.
letchbee94

Played some nice football like we always do, they hit the bar and post, Akinola did well when he came on and had nice run on the wing and cut inside but was unlucky not to score from the cross.
There keeper tipped a long range shot over the bar (sorry cannot remember who took the shot now)

Good turnout from Barnet fans aswell, have not seen an official figure but I would guess near or around the 200 mark?
Norfolkbee

Very good point plus another clean sheet. The only slight worry after watching the highlights was that Salford's best chance were down to our old weakness of failing to deal adequately with set-pieces.