Clutching at Straws.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Clutching at Straws.

Us signing Dagenham players would not have been such an issue if Still’s managerial and coaching expertise had improved them collectively. Instead, he made them perform less than their individual abilities.
barnet34

Hiveoccupier wrote:
becbee wrote:At the time we signed them, posters on here said how D&R were doing ok / well last season until the financial implications hit them, so how we'd signed players who'd been part of a good team. Fans were pleased with the signings.

The team has clearly missed Charlee Adams since his injury, he's ex D&R. Andre Boucard has been injured for much of the season, quite possibly he's not back to being the player we signed.
Boucard looks fit and has the touch of a good player. He just seems to play in a way that lacks any attacking intent. Perhaps that’s the way he’s been asked to play by DC, if so It would be good to see a change of approach.
4 goals in 364 games suggests he always plays that way.
DerekRocholl

barnet34 wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
becbee wrote:At the time we signed them, posters on here said how D&R were doing ok / well last season until the financial implications hit them, so how we'd signed players who'd been part of a good team. Fans were pleased with the signings.

The team has clearly missed Charlee Adams since his injury, he's ex D&R. Andre Boucard has been injured for much of the season, quite possibly he's not back to being the player we signed.
Boucard looks fit and has the touch of a good player. He just seems to play in a way that lacks any attacking intent. Perhaps that’s the way he’s been asked to play by DC, if so It would be good to see a change of approach.
4 goals in 364 games suggests he always plays that way.
I saw him in a PSF when he didn’t. I also saw John Jensen play for Arsenal.
#Beebot

They lost their best players when the financial problems hit. We signed their squad players.
pgbee

#Beebot wrote:

They lost their best players when the financial problems hit. We signed their squad players.
And D.C. has worked with them and therefore should be able to get the best out of them unless he knows they're a lost cause....it's not like he's come in and inherited players he doesn't know, not blaming him before people jump on me.
X-Bumble

pgbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:

And D.C. has worked with them and therefore should be able to get the best out of them unless he knows they're a lost cause....it's not like he's come in and inherited players he doesn't know, not blaming him before people jump on me.
The interview with him for the Harrogate game sees him mention that he is trying, but having difficulty, in bringing in some new players. He doesn't mention what those problems were however.
john dockers shorts

Missing Charlie Adams shows how rubbish our midfield is. He was pretty useless all season and marginally improved under DC. I'm hopeful he will be moved on in the summer along with all the other summer recruits. Exception of Boucard who looks decent.
#Beebot

The midfield is fine IMO, it's the lack of a physical presence up top and poor back line that is giving us problems.
ninestein

Our midfield sorely lacks Jack Taylor in there. Now that Boucaud and Harry are fit, we have the central defensive players to support the back line. Right now we have no creativity in the centre. Apart from Fonguck, who is contributing goals from midfield?

Santos could make the difference in the back line when he's fit. For me it's up front where we still lack that target forward. Harrison has not even filled one of Akinde's boots.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

ninestein wrote:Our midfield sorely lacks Jack Taylor in there. Now that Boucaud and Harry are fit, we have the central defensive players to support the back line. Right now we have no creativity in the centre. Apart from Fonguck, who is contributing goals from midfield?

Santos could make the difference in the back line when he's fit. For me it's up front where we still lack that target forward. Harrison has not even filled one of Akinde's boots.
Re creativity I can only assume Shomotun has done something behind the scenes to completely ostracise himself for him to have not made a single match day squad this season.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote:
ninestein wrote:Our midfield sorely lacks Jack Taylor in there. Now that Boucaud and Harry are fit, we have the central defensive players to support the back line. Right now we have no creativity in the centre. Apart from Fonguck, who is contributing goals from midfield?

Re creativity I can only assume Shomotun has done something behind the scenes to completely ostracise himself for him to have not made a single match day squad this season.
probably deserves 1 last shot at it especially as he hasn't had a go at this level.
JWTBee

You are correct that we really miss Jack Taylor &,as I have said elsewhere,we need Santos back in defence - height,power & pace!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
becbee

jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:

probably deserves 1 last shot at it especially as he hasn't had a go at this level.
Fair comment. However it seems a bit late now, I suspect the decision to release him at the end of this season was taken some time ago.