Gateshead (a) The Haddaway Ya Doylem! Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Re: Gateshead (a) The Haddaway Ya Doylem! Match Thread

Reckless wrote:
Mr Smart wrote:Noticing all the posts saying that Currie’s not giving the players a rocket. Most players zone out to shouty managers. I know I did as a player.

When teams have been successful, there is usually a strong dressing room with several leaders getting everybody into shape. Who do we have in that dressing room capable of that?

Going down to 10 and getting a result is about guts and leadership which we barely have any.

I don’t believe you can give a person such terrible tools to work with and expect them to work miracles so I desperately hope Currie can keep us up then back him in the summer to give him the tools he needs.
At last, someone I can agree with. Darren is not the problem here. "Loosing the Dressing Room" - is the latest overused keyboard warrior cliche. It takes two to tango. And before anyone mentions Manchester Utd and Jose as an example of a turn around in performance with a new manager they are world class players - I repeat Currie has not caused this we are 19th because the squad is not good enough, sorry.
Over 50 years of watching Barnet and I've missed more games this season than I ever have. 3 home games in a row now to help make the season safe - will the players respond, they need to now?
Consider some of the possible games next year- Dartford (Jesus no) , Billericay (can't wait), St Albans (lovely), Chemlsford (I remember them), Oxford City (nice pubs), Hemel Hempstead (Ill be home in 15 minutes), Dulwich (be great to catch up with Herbie Smith), Eastbourne (Nice seaside day out in the Spring), Slough (bring pegs for your noses), Truro (weekender). Marvellous.
Going to help Mrs Reckless put the roast beef joint on and peel some potatoes, then make some Yorkshire pudding batter.
You make relegation seem quite appealing Reckless. Hope you enjoyed the roast!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

Hiveoccupier wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Some say that your posts are esoteric, impenetrable and bear little relation to the matter at hand.

And then you post a picture of a former barnet supporter from 5 years ago on the Gateshead match Thread and all is forgiven.

Never change Alex.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He is a former Gateshead fan... many flags of convenience

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Think it is fair to say Tom Salinger is a former Barnet supporter too.
Ah. I can translate. Did Tommy go to college up North and attend Gateshead games while there? I thought it was a Derbyshire team. He now supports Wingate & Finchley. I miss him at Barnet. He was always the first in the ground, friendly, positive and good fun. He will be attending the conference union with other former supporters. I hope they get a friendly welcome and are encouraged to come back.

Alex we can get him to sign a copy of the programme for you if you like!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
alexbach

hendon4bee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Some say that your posts are esoteric, impenetrable and bear little relation to the matter at hand.

And then you post a picture of a former barnet supporter from 5 years ago on the Gateshead match Thread and all is forgiven.

Never change Alex.

Ah. I can translate. Did Tommy go to college up North and attend Gateshead games while there? I thought it was a Derbyshire team. He now supports Wingate & Finchley. I miss him at Barnet. He was always the first in the ground, friendly, positive and good fun. He will be attending the conference union with other former supporters. I hope they get a friendly welcome and are encouraged to come back.

He did go to Gateshead games.though it appropriate to lighten the tone when usual suspects moan continually

Last edited by alexbach on 11 Mar 2019, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
alexbach

hendon4bee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
alexbach wrote:

Never change Alex.

He did go to Gateshead games.thouggt it appropriate to lighten the tone when usual suspects moan continually

becbee

How does posting the cover of the W&F programme which shows the photo of an ex Barnet supporter ( who many of us won't recognise anyway) lighten the tone?
alexbach

Cranfield
some say youre a self absorbed tosspot, close to boreham and rocholl in your arrogance
i agree which is why i blocked the three of you months ago
DerekRocholl

alexbach wrote:Cranfield
some say youre a self absorbed tosspot, close to boreham and rocholl in your arrogance
Where and when did you block me ?
Bee_Forever

And a happy Monday to you too

ETBee

Just watched the highlights from Gateshead. Apart from feeling sea sick from the wobbly camera I was amazed that the camera operator completely missed the Shaq sending off up to when the ed card was shown, preferring to focus on Cousins waiting to take the goal kick. So I'm no clearer about what actually happened.

Ah well, that's in the past. Let's hope we show more oomph against Halifax.
Norfolk & Chance

How can you still read the posts then if you've blocked the poster?
themightythorge

Well that escalated rather quickly..
jerroll

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
How can you still read the posts then if you've blocked the poster?
if you block a poster you can't see their posts however if someone replies to a post by someone you have blocked you will see the original post as well as the reply!
Norfolk & Chance

Agreed But no-one quoted Mr cranfield as far as can tell. I'm not looking again, I'm already on the window ledge.....
jerroll

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Agreed But no-one quoted Mr cranfield as far as can tell. I'm not looking again, I'm already on the window ledge.....
indeed you are correct, maybe he hasn't blocked anyone (unlike me who definitely has!!!)
Norfolk & Chance

jerroll wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:Agreed But no-one quoted Mr cranfield as far as can tell. I'm not looking again, I'm already on the window ledge.....
indeed you are correct, maybe he hasn't blocked anyone (unlike me who definitely has!!!)
Lol