Chesterfield (Hive) The Mike and the Mechanics Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Chesterfield (Hive) The Mike and the Mechanics Match Thread

So..... Tuesday sees the bees return to Bananarama action against Chesterfield.

Having played well at Fylde, solidly at Sutton and mostly well at Solihull, there is some hope that we have now got some momentum to climb up the league to safety using our games in hand.

As one of the few at Fylde I can authoritatively say that we had the better of the game, and we need to build on this.

In terms of the team lineup I think we need to give Shaq more support up front so I think it time to depart from Darren's favoured 4-2-3-1 formation.

I would go:-

----------------------------Experienced Loan--------------------------

------H. Taylor--------Reynolds------Sweeney------Johnson--------

------Mason-Clarke---Boucaud------Robson-------Fonguck----------

-------------------------Coulthirst-----Barham--------------------------

Subs: Cousins, Alexander, Charles, Elito, Shomotun,

Looking forward to this one just hope that come 90 minutes we are not looking back, over our shoulders.
ninestein

Re: Chesterfield (Hive) The Mike and the Mechanics Match Thr

I saw the thread title and was a little perplexed at first, then it clicked! Very good...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

I thought it was a Hanging by a Thread reference.
talldarkslim

DC is unlikely to play Mason Clarke in midfield. Elito is better suited but whatever the formation this has a draw written all over it.
DerekRocholl

I don't really get the enthusiasm for Barham's inclusion in the starting 11 and Elito has been one of our better players over past couple of months.

I hope DC sticks with his preferred formation and goes for Beeforever's line up but with Cousins in goal and Elito instead of Barham.
amberforever

ninestein wrote:I saw the thread title and was a little perplexed at first, then it clicked! Very good...
Is it “looking back over my shoulder” ref??
#Beebot

Hiveoccupier wrote:I don't really get the enthusiasm for Barham's inclusion in the starting 11 and Elito has been one of our better players over past couple of months.

I hope DC sticks with his preferred formation and goes for Beeforever's line up but with Cousins in goal and Elito instead of Barham.
I like Elito but we really need goals and he doesn't have any yet this season. I'd rather have him centrally than out wide.
john dockers shorts

Akinola instead of mason Clark.

He's playing more football than probably planned. At the moment I see him as an impact player at 60mins. He has done all that can be expected but he is very raw.
MCB

I like Elito and his turnaround in form, I like that he shows some classy touches, and clearly has talent.

I don't like that apart from corners I can't even remember an assist from him, and he's played in a front 3 and played the last 11 games, never mind a goal. I don't like that he doesn't impact games, and I don't think he's good enough for a play off team. I don't even remember him having a shot. Akinola has been more of a threat in 20 minutes on Saturday than Don E has all season.

EMC will get there, and he sometimes makes the wrong decision, but he has assists and goals in the locker, not enough mind you.

I'm really sorry, but I see in Sweeney, Johnson, EMC, Shaq, Akinola, H&J Taylors & Wes eight players that i want to see at the club next year, but not necessarily playing every game. Jury out on Tarpey & Mauro, but not through any fault of their own, just to see if they can still do it. I keep thinking we're desperate for Santos, but we got relegated with him a largely ever present. Love to see someone stake a claim in the final 1/3 of the season for a place in the 2019/20 squad.
becbee

john dockers shorts wrote:Akinola instead of mason Clark.

He's playing more football than probably planned. At the moment I see him as an impact player at 60mins. He has done all that can be expected but he is very raw.
Good as it would be to see Akinola start, I rather doubt that he's ready yet. Could anybody who was at Fylde say how he looked in his extra time sub appearance?
JWTBee

Elito is a classy player & is much better in the middle than out wide.He makes a good midfield pairing with Boucaud but we are currently missing Jack Taylor in the 10 role.Hoping for a good result tonight & this coming Saturday but not overly optimistic! However DC still has my full support!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
amberforever

amberforever wrote:
ninestein wrote:I saw the thread title and was a little perplexed at first, then it clicked! Very good...
Is it “looking back over my shoulder” ref??
I’m still in the dark over the thread title unless this is right. ?? Please put me out of my misery on this lovely day!
ninestein

(Looking back) Over my Shoulder, by Mike and the Mechanics.

https://youtu.be/p1GkR54wQaM
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
amberforever

Right!! A double relegation dog fight then. ! Personally I think we will be safe if unspectacular.