Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby BEEGONE » 11 Feb 2019, 15:19

Bee_Forever wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:Carshalton refused to finish the game?
To be precise they refused extra time and penalties to resolve the tie on the day in the event of a draw in accordance with the rules of the FAT.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Was it drives before the match?

There was a strange moment straight after the final whistle that the players looked like they didn’t know what was going on.

They should have played on, would have beaten us!
BEEGONE
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 06:07

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby MCB » 11 Feb 2019, 15:25

It's decided before the game. Automatically a replay unless both teams approve finishing on the day.

I want to see Harry Taylor back tomorrow. He played 49 games for us in the football league out of position and is only 21 and back to full fitness. I don't care if it's at RB, or CM but get him in the team if he's fit just for energy and variety, and perhaps to give Alexander a break.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby #Beebot » 11 Feb 2019, 15:49

MCB wrote:Although i'd also be surprised to see Aldershot, Dover and Chesterfield in the bottom 4 come the end of the season.


I'm inclined to agree on the latter 2 but if anything Aldershot have got even worse recently. They seem to be short on funds and it's looking worse for them each week.

I think Halifax and possibly Boreham Wood are likely to get sucked in.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby jerroll » 11 Feb 2019, 16:05

#Beebot wrote:
MCB wrote:Although i'd also be surprised to see Aldershot, Dover and Chesterfield in the bottom 4 come the end of the season.


I'm inclined to agree on the latter 2 but if anything Aldershot have got even worse recently. They seem to be short on funds and it's looking worse for them each week.

I think Halifax and possibly Boreham Wood are likely to get sucked in.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

I was thinking Halifax too.
jerroll
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby MCB » 11 Feb 2019, 16:10

#Beebot wrote:I think Halifax and possibly Boreham Wood are likely to get sucked in.



One can but hope.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby #Beebot » 11 Feb 2019, 16:11

MCB wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I think Halifax and possibly Boreham Wood are likely to get sucked in.



One can but hope.
BW were dire at Maidenhead on Saturday.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
#Beebot
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby MCB » 11 Feb 2019, 16:25

#Beebot wrote:
MCB wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I think Halifax and possibly Boreham Wood are likely to get sucked in.



One can but hope.
BW were dire at Maidenhead on Saturday.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk


So I read, and you obviously saw. But, they are streetwise, and have money behind them if need be. I'm not sure if Maidstone have any new financial impetus to assist them.

But oh the irony as Maidstone stay up at our expense...
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby mcleod23 » 11 Feb 2019, 16:32

How ridiculous we're even talking about relegation. All the talk about promotion, funds etc...what a joke.
mcleod23
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 23:33

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby wearebees » 12 Feb 2019, 09:35

Is it extra time then penalties, or just straight to penalties? Deciding whether to go, seeing as would be a public transport back to Barnet job, as would be going straight from work. Worrying I think there's even a risk of not winning in 90 minutes!
wearebees
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:09

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby Nudger70 » 12 Feb 2019, 12:47

Looking at the ticket site gonna be a lonely night in the west stand
Nudger70
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 12:41

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby MCB » 12 Feb 2019, 14:00

Did cursory checks. Didn't see Bettemer play for Braintree in FA Trophy so assume he's not cup tied.

Just a little reminder he's scored more league goals than Shaq.

He's scored more than Harrison, Tarpey and Walker combined... and all for a struggling Braintree.

Give him a run out please Darren? Or get him shifted if you genuinely think he's not better than Harrison.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby jerroll » 12 Feb 2019, 14:14

MCB wrote:Did cursory checks. Didn't see Bettemer play for Braintree in FA Trophy so assume he's not cup tied.

Just a little reminder he's scored more league goals than Shaq.

He's scored more than Harrison, Tarpey and Walker combined... and all for a struggling Braintree.

Give him a run out please Darren? Or get him shifted if you genuinely think he's not better than Harrison.

He joined us before teams from our league entered the trophy! Harry Taylor didn't join Woking until they were out so he is eligible to play tonight.
jerroll
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 12 Feb 2019, 14:20

Nudger70 wrote:Looking at the ticket site gonna be a lonely night in the west stand


I hope not.
I hope a few turn up and pay on the day.
We've been playing well in the cups, it's dead cheap to get in, it's for a place in the quarter final, surely to God we can get a decent crowd.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Postby ETBee » 12 Feb 2019, 15:36

I'm not on Twitter so may have missed it but do we know what the extent of Johnson's injury is? I saw him walking unaided at the Hive on Saturday.
ETBee
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 10:16


PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], chesbee, Google [Bot] and 8 guests