Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: Carshalton (PTA) The 2nd Hand Carshalton Thread

Good game to go to but not full of quality, I cannot believe how bad our defence was yesterday. I’ve never seen so many mistakes especially a few awful ones by Robson & Sweeney.

We need a few leaders in the summer as there are some good players out there but they don’t seem to have much direction.

Anyway, big game at Fylde that is winnable but will be very tough. Shame it’s so far away.
becbee

We appeared last night to have made a conscious decision to not to bother with a defence. Hence their goal, but seeimg as we regained the lead immediately from the restart it didn't matter.
It was ok v a Ryman League club but if we repeat that against the current league leaders on Saturday we should expect to be thrashed.
MCB

Brackley Town vs Leyton Orient
Solihull Moors vs AFC Telford
Stockport County vs Maidstone
AFC Fylde vs Barnet

So we must be 4th favourites? Expect O's and Solihull to field weakened teams next week.
becbee

Maidstone won last night only because Salford played their reserves/ youth team. 11 changes from their previous match.
Norfolk & Chance

Christ, it was an entertaining game, and we won. Some of the passing and link up play was very good to see and the goals were superb.
Anyone would think we were shite and lost!!
rudebwoyben

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Christ, it was an entertaining game, and we won. Some of the passing and link up play was very good to see and the goals were superb.
Anyone would think we were shite and lost!!
In the words of John C: Are you new here? :laugh:
jdmckbee

At least we have proven that we should be able to hold our own in the NL South next season !
We're the West Bank Underhill......
natwilk

Earlier in the season I thought our defence was solid but there was no way to score goals. Now it seems that it's the other way round. Who, if anyone, is our defence coordinator?
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
Norfolk & Chance

jdmckbee wrote:At least we have proven that we should be able to hold our own in the NL South next season !
On the same basis, we're a mid table championship side.

:D
jdmckbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
jdmckbee wrote:At least we have proven that we should be able to hold our own in the NL South next season !
On the same basis, we're a mid table championship side.

:D
But also taking into account that we are only a couple of points away from the NL relegation zone and leaking goals for fun (against opposition at each level we play). I'm concerned and can't believe others arent aswell.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
Norfolk & Chance

When it comes to the league I'm extremely concerned.
Deep down everyone must be.
It seems we're only up for the cup games.
We even suffered the ignominy of Carshalton's fans singing 'going down' to us.
As someone posted yesterday, after the next two games we will likely be in the bottom 4.
djhdjh

Norfolk & Chance wrote:When it comes to the league I'm extremely concerned.
As someone posted yesterday, after the next two games we will likely be in the bottom 4.
The opposition fans chanted something uncomplimentary to us? Oh no, what a disaster. I don't know how I'll get on with my day now.

That said, I hope Currie is making this exact point to them this week re league games.
rudebwoyben

The Bostik Premier surely?
Norfolk & Chance

djhdjh wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:When it comes to the league I'm extremely concerned.
The opposition fans chanted something uncomplimentary to us? Oh no, what a disaster. I don't know how I'll get on with my day now.

That said, I hope Currie is making this exact point to them this week re league games.
That was the least of it! Quite shocking ! :*(:
Rupes

Last night wasn't an easy game - whenever you have that much possession, whenever you are allegedly "better" than the oppo (purely based on league played in), whenever you are expected to hammer someone 6 or 7, that's actually trickier than it sounds. It rarely happens unless you're Manchester City, everyone becomes frustrated, cool heads and professionalism required generally.

That's what I suspect DC was looking for - a professional performance. I thought he got it off most of the players as well, keeping the simple passes going, keeping the ball, trying to fashion an opening. Being critical, I thought our finishing was woeful and that's the bit I reckon DC will be unhappy with.

Also - Shaq looks knackered to me, poor bloke's trying his heart out but just looks tired. Was slightly surprised when EMC went off as he looked the fresher of the two.