Sutton (PTA) The Sutton Impact Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Sutton (PTA) The Sutton Impact Match Thread

So...... Saturday sees the bees return to some sort of strange competition I don't think many of us have seen for a while.... the bananarama league!

After Curries champions finally met their match at the fake bees (as did my knees in the hobbit sized seats), we find ourselves with one route to Wembley left and a hectic fixture list on the horizon.

The Hive was packed out for Brentford and the away end at Griffin Park also so hopefully some of the occasionals will see fit to start turning up to league games now we are playing a more attractive, dynamic and successful brand of football.

Sutton will be no push overs though and with them charging for the playoffs this promises to be a fascinating encounter as well as a slightly emotional one as we welcome one of our champions back to the Priority Ticket Arena in the ginger maestro from our 2005 promotion winning season. The question is whether there will be any Sutton Impact on the players from our cup game and whether defeat in this game means Sutton Death for our lingering playoff hopes.

In terms of team lineup this as ever is something of a challenge with more injuries on Tuesday. The hope is that Callum Reynolds is close to returning and that Boucard is able to start after his stint at Griffin Park.

----------------------------Huffer------------------------------

--Alexander----Sweeneybauer----Robson---Tutonda-----

------------Charles-------Bouchard------J. Taylor-----------

--Baby Shark-------------Coulthirst----------Elito------------

Subs: Matrevics, Payne, Fonguck, Akinola, Bettamer

Suttnn Bees I see, this is where I want to be
Sutton Bees I see, why the hell it means so much to me.
MCB

Re: Sutton (PTA) The Sutton Impact Match Thread

Sutton home and away.

They are currently in 6th. I see us as a 6-10th quality team, but I may be massively misguided. I don't think any of us really know do we?

So, Sutton, home and away and Solihull away are our next 3 (league) games. We need 6 games from these games if we are to do anything in the league. I have no idea. Will we have a cup hangover? Are we better or worse than we thought?

I think Currie will go for Bee Forever's team, possibly with Wes if Bouchard isn't ready to start.

It's great that Elito is finally playing well. Now I want to see him score goals and create chances.
Nudger70

Charles Bouchard and Taylor in the middle will be interesting although they’ve not had much on pitch time together
talldarkslim

We need a solid 2-0 win and I just hope we do not have to score 4 to win.
rudebwoyben

Unfortunately Sutton will probably not be wearing their poo and wee coloured kit for this match. I will have to wait until the away match to see it in its full glory!
ETBee

I know we have a bloated squad (in numbers at least) but I can't help but notice that many other National league teams are strengthening their squads. Indeed Sutton have just brought in two players, one a 21 year old striker from Harrow Borough! I think the response will be that those players returning from injury are effectively like having new signings.
DerekRocholl

ETBee wrote:I know we have a bloated squad (in numbers at least) but I can't help but notice that many other National league teams are strengthening their squads. Indeed Sutton have just brought in two players, one a 21 year old striker from Harrow Borough! I think the response will be that those players returning from injury are effectively like having new signings.
There is that but Currie has also taken advantage of the loans market and we also have players out on loan who can be brought back.If he is on the mend this includes Tarpey, probably one of our most expensive ever signings.

All in all I think that, a mass of injuries aside, TK has probably put all the investment he should into the squad for this season.

We should give our support to Currie and the players to do the best they can, and take stock at the end of the season.
Amber SUFC

rudebwoyben wrote:Unfortunately Sutton will probably not be wearing their poo and wee coloured kit for this match. I will have to wait until the away match to see it in its full glory!
We will be in our white kit for this game. The games against you could define our season.
rudebwoyben

Amber SUFC wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:Unfortunately Sutton will probably not be wearing their poo and wee coloured kit for this match. I will have to wait until the away match to see it in its full glory!
We will be in our white kit for this game. The games against you could define our season.
How many do you think you'll be bringing up to the Hive? I'm hoping that you'll be one of the larger away contingents we'll see at the Hive this season, although the competition has not been fierce so far. We haven't played you since 1990/91!
natwilk

Does the ginger one still play?
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
rudebwoyben

natwilk wrote:Does the ginger one still play?
He certainly has been playing for them this season.
However, Kieron Cadogan left Sutton Utd last month to join the (ex?) Tamplin circus.
MCB

He's completely bald now so you couldn't tell he's ginger. Doesn't start every game and seems to mainly just cover the back 4 and not really break forward anymore, but he's only 34.

They've also got Aswad Thomas who was with us on loan for a bit and Harry Beautyman who I think we had on trial for a bit before he went to the football league (for Peterborough?).

Apparently we havn't played them since 1991/2 season. they've just resigned highly rated ex-Stevenage winger Roarie Deacon, highly rated at one time, but I don't remember us facing him before.
jerroll

MCB wrote:
He's completely bald now so you couldn't tell he's ginger. Doesn't start every game and seems to mainly just cover the back 4 and not really break forward anymore, but he's only 34.

They've also got Aswad Thomas who was with us on loan for a bit and Harry Beautyman who I think we had on trial for a bit before he went to the football league (for Peterborough?).

Apparently we havn't played them since 1991/2 season. they've just resigned highly rated ex-Stevenage winger Roarie Deacon, highly rated at one time, but I don't remember us facing him before.
We were in the FL in91/2 it was 90/91!! Bailey has been playing Left back recently including the tv game v Bromley! Beautyman joined Welling when we didn't sign him before going to Posh!
MCB

jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:

We were in the FL in91/2 it was 90/91!! Bailey has been playing Left back recently including the tv game v Bromley! Beautyman joined Welling when we didn't sign him before going to Posh!
I'm just going to start all my posts with the words 'allegedly' until you've had the chance to correct them :laugh:

Also, Josh Walker. When was the last time he was in a match squad? Assume not injured?
Amber SUFC

rudebwoyben wrote:
Amber SUFC wrote:
How many do you think you'll be bringing up to the Hive? I'm hoping that you'll be one of the larger away contingents we'll see at the Hive this season, although the competition has not been fierce so far. We haven't played you since 1990/91!
We don't travel in huge numbers, maybe 150.
We lost 6-2 the last time I watched Sutton play at Underhill :sad: We should do a little better tomorrow.