Charlee Adams

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Charlee Adams

it looks as if Charlee will miss the Brentford game after his yellow card at Sheffield.

from the fa site
For the first time, the 2018-19 season will also see the introduction of competition specific suspensions for yellow cards in the following competitions:

Premier League
EFL
National League
Emirates FA Cup
EFL Cup
Buildbase FA Trophy
LoudmouthBFC

Re: Charlee Adams

jerroll wrote:it looks as if Charlee will miss the Brentford game after his yellow card at Sheffield.

from the fa site
For the first time, the 2018-19 season will also see the introduction of competition specific suspensions for yellow cards in the following competitions:

Premier League
EFL
National League
Emirates FA Cup
EFL Cup
Buildbase FA Trophy
Attachments
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (639.21 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
PBBee

Bit harsh after 2 yellows!

Like they all were he was immense at Sheffield & will be a huge miss against Brentford when we will be on the backfoot, assume Fonguck will come in.
MCB

Not being funny, but that's a stupid rule - 2 yellows?!

Poor Charlee. Also I wonder if the club is aware? I would expect Wes to start the Braintree game if so.

Can just imagine us beating Brentford only to be kicked out for fielding in ineligable player....
jerroll

MCB wrote:Not being funny, but that's a stupid rule - 2 yellows?!

Poor Charlee. Also I wonder if the club is aware? I would expect Wes to start the Braintree game if so.

Can just imagine us beating Brentford only to be kicked out for fielding in ineligable player....
several lower clubs had problems with this in the prelim/qualifying rounds especially with replays only 3 days after original games!
MCB

jerroll wrote:

several lower clubs had problems with this in the prelim/qualifying rounds especially with replays only 3 days after original games!
2 yellow games though. As it looks as though it's FA Cup & FA trophy combined - we've played 6 games (could have easily been more).

For FA Cup games then: I can't find any record of our FA Trophy yellow cards if any. But would Currie have played the same back 4 on Saturday if he was aware that one slip from Sweeney, Cheye & Reynolds could have ruled them out?!

Adams 2
Sweeney 1
Cheye 1
Duku 1
Reynolds 1
hoppy

jerroll wrote:

It doesn't seem fair on the basis that we have played four FACup matches and Brentford only one so we are far more likely to gave a player banned.
ETBee

If that is the rule (how can the FA justify such a daft rule) and Charlee is banned from the Brentford game then I hope the Club is aware. Imagine him playing, we beat Brentford, get Spurs away in the next round and then get disqualified! Horrors.
MCB

Brentford would have EFL Cup included. A cursory search reveals they have 3 players with 1 yellow card from cup games (Cox Dieng E Konsa Ngoyo).

But in essence they have played cup 4 games, and we've played 6. We've played 3 against higher league competition (when I think you're likely to get a yellow) and they've played 1 (against Arsenal away).

If we'd have know this before Saturday would we have called for a weakened team to be played to exclude those on 1 yellow? I certainly would have. Imagine losing Cheye, Sweens and Reynold against Brentford, we'd be horsewhipped.

Ridiculous rule.
MCB

Hang on.

If he got a yellow against Sheffield United and his previous yellow was against Bristol Rovers, surely his suspension would be against..

Dorchester at home in the FA Trophy? :unsure:
jerroll

MCB wrote:Hang on.

If he got a yellow against Sheffield United and his previous yellow was against Bristol Rovers, surely his suspension would be against..

nope read my explaination above!!

Premier League
EFL
National League
Emirates FA Cup
EFL Cup
Buildbase FA Trophy
MCB

jerroll wrote:

Premier League
EFL
National League
Emirates FA Cup
EFL Cup
Buildbase FA Trophy
Ah - OK. I read that as all competitions combined. OK, we're not getting kicked out the FA Trophy.

STILL AN UTTERLY FARCICAL RULE THAT PENALISES SMALL CLUBS THAT HAVE TO GET THROUGH MORE GAMES AND MAKES IT MORE UNLIKELY WE'LL HAVE PLAYERS SUSPENDED FOR PLAYING THE BIG TEAMS IMAGINE WE BEAT BRENTFORD BUT GET CHEYE, SWEENS, REYNOLDS YELLOW CARDED AND DRAW MAN CITY AWAY :*(:
jerroll

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Premier League
EFL
National League
Emirates FA Cup
EFL Cup
Buildbase FA Trophy
Ah - OK. I read that as all competitions combined. OK, we're not getting kicked out the FA Trophy.

STILL AN UTTERLY FARCICAL RULE THAT PENALISES SMALL CLUBS THAT HAVE TO GET THROUGH MORE GAMES AND MAKES IT MORE UNLIKELY WE'LL HAVE PLAYERS SUSPENDED FOR PLAYING THE BIG TEAMS IMAGINE WE BEAT BRENTFORD BUT GET CHEYE, SWEENS, REYNOLDS YELLOW CARDED AND DRAW MAN CITY AWAY :*(:
however if we were joint top of the national league and had a game against the other top team after the 4th round game and 3 of our key players picked up their 10th yellow against Brentford you would have liked this change!!
becbee

I'm confused.
So because Adams was booked in 2 of our 4 FA Cup matches to date this season, he's now suspended for the 5th.
The majority of clubs won't even play more than 2 FA Cup matches in a season.
So are these yellow cards now carried over to the next season? Had we lost at Sheffield Utd, would Adams have been suspended for next season's 4th qualifying round match ( or whatever level his club next season came in at)? Remember Bondz N'Gala had a similar suspension from EFL Trophy hanging over his head for years, although it then seemed to be overlooked when he played for Crawley in the competition earlier this season?

It just seems unfair that depending on which tournaments a player is booked in, he needs a different number of yellow cards to trigger a suspension and some suspensions won't get served that season anyway whilst others will.
becbee

I just hope that this hits a star Premiership player and forces him to miss the F A Cup Final. The outcry would be such as to force a rule change. Nobody outside Barnet will care if it's Charlee Adams but they would care if it were Harry Kane ( for example).