Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby Golf Delta » 12 Jan 2019, 23:32

I went to Brentford v Stoke today as my mate had a spare freebie.
Apart from Ollie Watkins, I wasn't familiar with anyone in the Brentford team, although Dalsgaard played for Denmark in the World Cup while Stoke had Butland in goal, Ryan Shawcross, Joe Allen, Sam Clucas, Tom Ince, Saido Berahino and Benik Afobe in their team. But that meant nothing as Stoke mustered two measly shots all game, one went in and Brentford outclassed them in all departments, had 16 shots and won easily 3-1. It could easily have been more. Crouchy came on with 10 mins to go but was too little too late.

Briefly then, Brentford are a very young and athletic team, play with pace and directness and if they put out a similar team against us, we would find it very difficult to cope with the speed and accuracy of their passing and movement. Their main man is central midfielder Romaine Sawyers who was simply outstanding. He directed everything, he controlled everything and he created everything. His languid style reminded me of Dwayne Lee, only a million times better. He's a superb player and one to watch out for. They play a 3-5-1-1 formation with Watkins behind Maupay up front. He's scored 15 this season but was a bit isolated today.

I'd be surprised if Brentford made many changes against us but even their subs who came looked equally as lively as the ones they replaced. We are going to have to play our AAA game to beat them, I honestly think their pace, movement, speed and accuracy of their passing will be too much for us. They looked a very useful outfit but as we know, anything can happen in the Cup and not taking anything away from the Sheff U game, but they made ten changes and suffered for it, I don't think Brentford will do the same, so expect a very tough game.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
User avatar
Golf Delta
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 18:47
Location: Edlesborough, Bucks

Re: Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby John_c » 13 Jan 2019, 09:12

Golf Delta wrote:I went to Brentford v Stoke today as my mate had a spare freebie.
Apart from Ollie Watkins, I wasn't familiar with anyone in the Brentford team, although Dalsgaard played for Denmark in the World Cup while Stoke had Butland in goal, Ryan Shawcross, Joe Allen, Sam Clucas, Tom Ince, Saido Berahino and Benik Afobe in their team. But that meant nothing as Stoke mustered two measly shots all game, one went in and Brentford outclassed them in all departments, had 16 shots and won easily 3-1. It could easily have been more. Crouchy came on with 10 mins to go but was too little too late.

Briefly then, Brentford are a very young and athletic team, play with pace and directness and if they put out a similar team against us, we would find it very difficult to cope with the speed and accuracy of their passing and movement. Their main man is central midfielder Romaine Sawyers who was simply outstanding. He directed everything, he controlled everything and he created everything. His languid style reminded me of Dwayne Lee, only a million times better. He's a superb player and one to watch out for. They play a 3-5-1-1 formation with Watkins behind Maupay up front. He's scored 15 this season but was a bit isolated today.

I'd be surprised if Brentford made many changes against us but even their subs who came looked equally as lively as the ones they replaced. We are going to have to play our AAA game to beat them, I honestly think their pace, movement, speed and accuracy of their passing will be too much for us. They looked a very useful outfit but as we know, anything can happen in the Cup and not taking anything away from the Sheff U game, but they made ten changes and suffered for it, I don't think Brentford will do the same, so expect a very tough game.


They've got a guy who played in the Word Cup finals...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4792
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby ETBee » 13 Jan 2019, 10:49

Sounds like I should hand back my ticket for the game!
ETBee
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 10:16

Re: Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 13 Jan 2019, 12:01

This can only be a good thing.
Brentford hit form, we play ok against lower opposition.
Expectations have been effectively managed !!

If Brentford lost yesterday and we won 6 nil we'd probably be planning for round 5.
We can play better, it's doubtful Brentford can, so hopefully they'll have a blip.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1573
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby Golf Delta » 13 Jan 2019, 14:10

Norfolk & Chance wrote:We can play better, it's doubtful Brentford can, so hopefully they'll have a blip.


I'd agree with that. My mates who are season ticket holders at Brentford said that's the best they've played for ages. We'd certainly need to up our game and hope Brentford have an off day or a slightly weaker team. I'm not saying we don't have a chance, of course we do, but I think we'd need for a few things to go our way to get anything out of this.

Some pretty decent goals and efforts from yesterday....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh1gLfe4OpU
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
User avatar
Golf Delta
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 18:47
Location: Edlesborough, Bucks

Re: Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby Mikel Bee » 13 Jan 2019, 14:59

Judging from that video, they play a lot like we do but much quicker.
Image
User avatar
Mikel Bee
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 02:23

Re: Scouting Report- Brentford v Stoke

Postby Golf Delta » 13 Jan 2019, 15:30

Mikel Bee wrote:Judging from that video, they play a lot like we do but much quicker.


Yes, that's what I noticed about the game yesterday, the passing and movement was much quicker than what we are used to seeing. I know it's not rocket science, but I guess that's the main difference as you go up the leagues.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
User avatar
Golf Delta
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 18:47
Location: Edlesborough, Bucks


Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beew, Google [Bot], ninestein, SudburyBee and 21 guests