Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby finchleyman » 13 Jan 2019, 11:27

Two people can see the game in a totally different way. That, I suppose, is the beauty of the game. How someone can give Che Alexander a point score of eight is beyond me when he was mostly guilty of giving the ball away.

As for Cousins, he did not come out for the first cross which appeared to be very close to him and when the second cross came in he made no effort here either with the result the ball found its way into the back of the net. Sorry if others disagree but I think it is time to give Matrevic a go and I am a bit surprised that DC didn't try him out against Dorchester. Perhaps he is not good enough (although he looks pretty good in the warm-ups) but unless he is tried out we will never know. If Cousins gets injured, there will be no choice so I do think that DC should give Matrevic a trial.
finchleyman
 
Posts: 1650
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 21:37

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby becbee » 13 Jan 2019, 11:33

Yes but DC is currently on trial himself so he's not going to take any risks.
Presumably Matrevic will play on Tuesday in the Middx Senior cup match.
becbee
 
Posts: 7727
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby Beeznizz » 13 Jan 2019, 12:26

finchleyman wrote:Two people can see the game in a totally different way. That, I suppose, is the beauty of the game. How someone can give Che Alexander a point score of eight is beyond me when he was mostly guilty of giving the ball away.

As for Cousins, he did not come out for the first cross which appeared to be very close to him and when the second cross came in he made no effort here either with the result the ball found its way into the back of the net. Sorry if others disagree but I think it is time to give Matrevic a go and I am a bit surprised that DC didn't try him out against Dorchester. Perhaps he is not good enough (although he looks pretty good in the warm-ups) but unless he is tried out we will never know. If Cousins gets injured, there will be no choice so I do think that DC should give Matrevic a trial.


I am that someone & like I’ve said, there were some passes that went astray, by most of the players, but to single out One player is harsh as there were other players that were just as culpable!
His overall performance for me deserved the score to a couple of misplaced passes. In my opinion of course!

The second phase of play for their goal caught everyone out, but could’ve quite easily have been avoided with a bit more communication.
Beeznizz
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 07 Jul 2018, 18:30

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby letchbee94 » 13 Jan 2019, 12:41

Very relieved when Robson headed in the winner.
To there credit Dorchester played some nice football at times.
Good to see Shaq getting the goals now, keep it up.
letchbee94
 
Posts: 5930
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby amberforever » 13 Jan 2019, 13:31

Alexander does seem to receive some criticism for passes going astray but that’s something that is present throughout the whole team. I feel Alexander shows a lot of balls in his runs forward which he’s not afraid to make. To his credit it’s usually when we seem to have run out of ideas and resorted to sideways only passing. I’m sure he can only continue to improve.
amberforever
 
Posts: 1712
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:37

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby john dockers shorts » 13 Jan 2019, 13:47

He's so one footed its painful.

He's an alright steady player but offensively he's very limited
john dockers shorts
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 21:29

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby Beeznizz » 13 Jan 2019, 14:33

john dockers shorts wrote:He's so one footed its painful.

He's an alright steady player but offensively he's very limited


Hmmm. 3 assists with his left foot for Johnson, Sparkes & the marginal offside one last week for Shaq. Scored a free kick with his right. Set up Fonguck’s goal with his right from the byline. One of our few shots yesterday on target, first half with his left. A cross with his right, that found Mason Clark only for the youngster to blaze over the bar..

But he is one footed!
Beeznizz
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 07 Jul 2018, 18:30

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby jonbonbaby » 13 Jan 2019, 14:43

He is a lot less limited going forward than Johnson , nothing against Johnson but he is pretty limited but still does a good job
jonbonbaby
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 14:37

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby Beeznizz » 13 Jan 2019, 15:01

The team played some really good stuff and will get better & better as time goes on. There was nothing from yesterday’s performance to suggest otherwise.
My only hope now, is that Darren Currie gets the job permanently.
Beeznizz
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 07 Jul 2018, 18:30

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby Hiveoccupier » 13 Jan 2019, 19:40

jonbonbaby wrote:He is a lot less limited going forward than Johnson , nothing against Johnson but he is pretty limited but still does a good job


If Elliot is limited to putting crosses in the box like the one for Robson’s goal that will do for me.
Last edited by Hiveoccupier on 13 Jan 2019, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3388
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby Bee_Forever » 13 Jan 2019, 19:43

Agree with Hive. Johnson is decent going forward and with his delivery. His defensive robustness also allows EMC to express himself.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Bee_Forever
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby JWTBee » 14 Jan 2019, 11:03

Bee_Forever wrote:Agree with Hive. Johnson is decent going forward and with his delivery. His defensive robustness also allows EMC to express himself.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


However EMC must learn to track back more! He does not provide enough cover for the full back when we are not in possession! This has been very noticeable in the last few games IMO.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
JWTBee
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 17:31
Location: Whitstable,Kent

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby MCB » 14 Jan 2019, 11:21

Teams still in the hat:

- Ramsbottom United/Weymouth
- AFC Telford United
- Maidstone United
- Hemel Hempstead Town
- Barnet
- Brackley Town
- Salford City
- Blyth Spartans
- AFC Fylde
- Spennymoor Town
- Stockport County
- Harrogate Town
- Chesterfield
- Carshalton Athletic
- FC Halifax Town/Solihull Moors
- Leyton Orient
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3388
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby tpBEE » 14 Jan 2019, 12:31

Carshalton Athletic at home
tpBEE
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 14:50

Re: Dorchester (THL) The 5 Star Match Thread

Postby LeicesterBee » 14 Jan 2019, 12:32

tpBEE wrote:Carshalton Athletic at home


Away
LeicesterBee
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 15:27

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beenaround, Tuesds and 9 guests