vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby rudebwoyben » 11 Jan 2019, 10:21

Agewills wrote:Ahh come on Tony, make it £10 entry for everywhere - get the place full for once!


https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2019/janu ... round-tie/

£10 on the terrace.
It will be full anyway. I don’t think ticket pricing will influence demand much.
User avatar
rudebwoyben
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Hackney, London E5

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby JWTBee » 11 Jan 2019, 10:28

The 5th Round Draw is to be held at 7:00 pm that night! So before we kick off we will know who we might get in the next Round!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
JWTBee
 
Posts: 988
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 17:31
Location: Whitstable,Kent

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby ninestein » 11 Jan 2019, 10:29

The draw for round 5 takes place on the One Show at 7pm, so we will know our potential opponents before we kick off.
First time we've ever been in the hat for round 5.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 5229
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Nlites123 » 11 Jan 2019, 10:33

Working round bloody TV schedules - I can't make this game now... Been waiting for years for this. Typical.
Nlites123
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 19 Apr 2013, 16:38

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Mikel Bee » 11 Jan 2019, 10:39

Is this the first time we've ever been in the draw for the 5th round?
Image
User avatar
Mikel Bee
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 02:23

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 11 Jan 2019, 10:50

I wonder if it's wise for the players to be aware of potential 5th round opponents.
If it's arsenal away, or even a big game, it might affect their legs !
They might feel far more pressure than they might already be feeling.
On the flip side, if it's Accy away, they might relax fully.
On balance it just seems a little unfair on us.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby rudebwoyben » 11 Jan 2019, 11:01

ninestein wrote:The draw for round 5 takes place on the One Show at 7pm, so we will know our potential opponents before we kick off.
First time we've ever been in the hat for round 5.


Making history every week!
User avatar
rudebwoyben
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Hackney, London E5

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby ninestein » 11 Jan 2019, 11:13

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I wonder if it's wise for the players to be aware of potential 5th round opponents.
If it's arsenal away, or even a big game, it might affect their legs !
They might feel far more pressure than they might already be feeling.
On the flip side, if it's Accy away, they might relax fully.
On balance it just seems a little unfair on us.


I agree. In the interest of the competition's integrity, they should always make the draw after all the original ties have been played (except for weather postponements of course).
You can imagine what it will be like. Our lads will be on the pitch warming up at 7:15pm, whilst our fans are in the bar watching the draw. DC will not want them knowing the outcome prior to the game, but it's bound to be overheard as they go back in for their team talk.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 5229
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby MCB » 11 Jan 2019, 11:36

rudebwoyben wrote:
ninestein wrote:The draw for round 5 takes place on the One Show at 7pm, so we will know our potential opponents before we kick off.
First time we've ever been in the hat for round 5.


Making history every week!


Well the hell was it on at 10pm for the previous round and 7pm this time around?

Ridiculous.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby bazabee » 11 Jan 2019, 11:38

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I wonder if it's wise for the players to be aware of potential 5th round opponents.
If it's arsenal away, or even a big game, it might affect their legs !
They might feel far more pressure than they might already be feeling.
On the flip side, if it's Accy away, they might relax fully.
On balance it just seems a little unfair on us.

This will affect the players mind set knowing who they will play, more so the Barnet players and even the fans, in all fairness the next round draw should be made after all the ties have all been played, even the Wolves v Liverpool the 4th round draw was made after the game, why not after the Barnet game?
bazabee
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Dec 2018, 11:31

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby jerroll » 11 Jan 2019, 11:56

bazabee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:I wonder if it's wise for the players to be aware of potential 5th round opponents.
If it's arsenal away, or even a big game, it might affect their legs !
They might feel far more pressure than they might already be feeling.
On the flip side, if it's Accy away, they might relax fully.
On balance it just seems a little unfair on us.

This will affect the players mind set knowing who they will play, more so the Barnet players and even the fans, in all fairness the next round draw should be made after all the ties have all been played, even the Wolves v Liverpool the 4th round draw was made after the game, why not after the Barnet game?

Live game on Monday was on BBC , we are on BT - It's BBC's year to have the draw live hence before our game!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9274
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Psycho » 11 Jan 2019, 12:44

Agewills wrote:Ahh come on Tony, make it £10 entry for everywhere - get the place full for once!


Now we're going to get Gooners and Spuds everywhere. :sad:
Psycho
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 20:20
Location: Sussex

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby letchbee94 » 11 Jan 2019, 19:16

JWTBee wrote:The 5th Round Draw is to be held at 7:00 pm that night! So before we kick off we will know who we might get in the next Round!


Will it be done live at the Hive as we are the game that night?

I think I would rather not know who we could maybe face in next round.
letchbee94
 
Posts: 5734
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby jerroll » 11 Jan 2019, 19:42

letchbee94 wrote:
JWTBee wrote:The 5th Round Draw is to be held at 7:00 pm that night! So before we kick off we will know who we might get in the next Round!


Will it be done live at the Hive as we are the game that night?

I think I would rather not know who we could maybe face in next round.

Doubt it - BBC doing draw so it will be elsewhere!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9274
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby beesknees99 » 11 Jan 2019, 19:58

I am just happy that we won’t go through the agony of not knowing if we were destined to get a big side in the 5th round.

A big draw may well be the difference in terms of our effort.

A potentially ‘easier’ draw could well have the same effect.
beesknees99
 
Posts: 481
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 18:49

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hhbee, Sam_BFC and 13 guests