vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 11 Jan 2019, 20:02

I hope a possible place in the 5th round of the fa cup would see maximum effort, whoever it might be against.
Players in the national League just don't play games for a place in the quarter final; they'd dine out on it for the rest of their lives.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby beesknees99 » 11 Jan 2019, 20:06

You are right, and I would hope for max effort regardless... but such is the natural human condition, that extra incentive, however small it may be, could prove to be the difference against very tough opposition.
beesknees99
 
Posts: 481
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 18:49

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby PBBee » 11 Jan 2019, 20:10

It is a very weird situation knowing your potential opponents just before you kick off, slightly similar to a replay but not so fresh at that time.

I honestly don’t think we would have gone as mental last Sunday if we knew the reward was a home tie to Brentford.
User avatar
PBBee
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 11 Jan 2019, 20:20

Imagine what it'll be like for us if we know it's away to Arse or Man U in the 5th round.
I'm not sure our tickers could take it.
One goal in it, 10 mins to go...........I think I'd be barfing !
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby shankbee01 » 11 Jan 2019, 21:18

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Imagine what it'll be like for us if we know it's away to Arse or Man U in the 5th round.
I'm not sure our tickers could take it.
One goal in it, 10 mins to go...........I think I'd be barfing !


The folk in Barcelona would certainly learn some rather colourful English language if that situation occurs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 19 Apr 2015, 12:31

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby becbee » 12 Jan 2019, 09:50

beesknees99 wrote:You are right, and I would hope for max effort regardless... but such is the natural human condition, that extra incentive, however small it may be, could prove to be the difference against very tough opposition.


It would give both sides the extra incentive and the losers an even greater sense of disappointment.
becbee
 
Posts: 7393
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby beesknees99 » 12 Jan 2019, 14:12

becbee wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:You are right, and I would hope for max effort regardless... but such is the natural human condition, that extra incentive, however small it may be, could prove to be the difference against very tough opposition.


It would give both sides the extra incentive and the losers an even greater sense of disappointment.


Brentford have had big cup draws more recently than us. This would mean more to us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beesknees99
 
Posts: 481
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 18:49

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 12 Jan 2019, 15:21

Brentford having a worryingly good start today.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: vs Brentford : Please be the Friday evening game !!!

Postby amberforever » 12 Jan 2019, 15:56

All ready for a blip in form in a fortnights time!
amberforever
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:37

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: themightythorge and 15 guests