Re: Fake BEES

MCB wrote:Positives.

1. They are 20 points worse than Sheff Utd
2. They rested players against Oxford in previous round
3. They havnt won away all season
4. They ain't very good
5. Their fans are already talking about who they will draw in round 5
6. No such thing as red and white bees
In response to number 2, they still won though.
alexbach

Tony pulis and Steve Lovell both playing their home cities

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Last edited by alexbach on 08 Jan 2019, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
rudebwoyben

It’s also about time that we beat them in a competition that isn’t the Football League Trophy.
john dockers shorts

Okay after initial disappointment.... We can win this its Brentford not Barcelona for a start!

The game will definitely be on TV so we can spank them in front of a national audience.
Mikel Bee

Brentford fans are delighted with the draw from reading their forum. Lots of "WINNABLE" comments, how the cup "is not a distraction" like it was for Sheff Utd and general perplexion that Brentford aren't considered a big club.

It's a shite draw in all honesty but can't deny we've had some entertaining games against them in the past.
StephenM

Twitter clip of the players watching the draw pretty much sums up the response. From their perspective it might have been the only opportunity they will ever get to face one of the countries biggest teams. Can try and look to positives all you like but it's a pretty bland draw, especially as it was pretty much 50/50 it would be one of the glamour clubs.
Mikel Bee

Edd1

Mikel Bee wrote:Brentford fans are delighted with the draw from reading their forum. Lots of "WINNABLE" comments, how the cup "is not a distraction" like it was for Sheff Utd and general perplexion that Brentford aren't considered a big club.

It's a shite draw in all honesty but can't deny we've had some entertaining games against them in the past.
I’ve always thought of them as having the same stature as, say, Luton or Peterborough or Oldham. Certainly a few notches above is in terms of size and support base but a long way from big. There current league position is exactly what I think of them as, a 2nd-3rd tier yo-yo club
tomrose72

I have a few fears about this tie.
1. They're a good team
2. They won't be distracted by promotion to the Premier League and aren't in deep trouble from getting relegated either.
3. They'll see this as a great opportunity to reach the 5th round and will be up for it.
4a. We're not very good at home
4b. The big pitch at Sheffield seemed to suit us a lot more with the pace we have and our style of play.

But maybe if we can get The Hive buzzing then who knows. It is the FA Cup after all.
Last edited by tomrose72 on 07 Jan 2019, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
ccollis_869

StephenM wrote:Twitter clip of the players watching the draw pretty much sums up the response. From their perspective it might have been the only opportunity they will ever get to face one of the countries biggest teams. Can try and look to positives all you like but it's a pretty bland draw, especially as it was pretty much 50/50 it would be one of the glamour clubs.
I think like many the initial disappointment will fade and the excitement of a potential upset will creep up
BeesKnees99

ccollis_869 wrote:
StephenM wrote:Twitter clip of the players watching the draw pretty much sums up the response. From their perspective it might have been the only opportunity they will ever get to face one of the countries biggest teams. Can try and look to positives all you like but it's a pretty bland draw, especially as it was pretty much 50/50 it would be one of the glamour clubs.
I think like many the initial disappointment will fade and the excitement of a potential upset will creep up
This.

Sheffield United away provided us with a magical and memorable experience.

Everyone, including myself, were gutted with the draw last time out.

At this point, I’m here for the ride, and I suggest anyone who’s disappointed take a step back and remember:

Nobody expected us to get this far.
We’re the last non league side left in it.
Should be on TV.
Newport beat Leicester.
Lincoln beat Burnley and Brighton.
Our performance vs Blades was inspired.
Hive should be buzzing.

Cheer up and ENJOY THE RIDE in this (so far) mediocre season for Barnet FC.

COYBs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamiefrbees

Biggest concern is the fact that home for us is not an advantage like it is for some clubs. The atmosphere at the Hive is horrendous and some of the appalling criticism and scapegoating dished out is hard to put up with.

It's no wonder we've had some great away wins this season where the players can play without pressure and without the embarrassing ill-informed yells of 'moooove' and 'forwarddd' by people who couldn't even make it from one touchline to the other without being carried
barnetjohn

I think we have got a chance of being shown on TV. Only standout tie is Arsenal v Man Utd. But because it's two big teams against each other, it means the usual "just show whoever the big teams are playing against" strategy will be one shirt (two now that Liverpool are out). And beyond that they're aren't many eye catching ties in rest of the draw. So the fact we are the lowest ranked and only non-league side left in the draw might swing it. Only other tie t g at jumps out is the Accrington one, although they are two leagues above us, their name, history and small ground tick all the media FA cup cliché boxes. I guess there are going to be 4 or 5 matches so we might still make the cut. Apparently Brentford haven't won away all season so it might tempt the BBC looking for a shock.
ninestein

Brentford may not be pushing for promotion but they are near the bottom, 6 points from the drop zone. They play 2 matches prior to our tie. By then they could get sucked closer. Then the priority could well be league survival.

But i don't see why we should worry about that. This squad seems to have the right mentality for the cup. Over the coming weeks people will start to be really up for this. The media will big it up a bit too.

I'm immensely proud of the fact we've reached round 3 of the cup as a non league club, let alone round 4. If our younger fans are anything like me, they will be dreaming about what if we win and make round 5, then round 6. This is what the cup shouldbe about. Whatever happens against Brentford, the rounds before can never be erased from memory. So enjoy the ride. It will end somewhere but not necessarily here.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

letchbee94 wrote:
MCB wrote:Positives.

1. They are 20 points worse than Sheff Utd
2. They rested players against Oxford in previous round
3. They havnt won away all season
4. They ain't very good
5. Their fans are already talking about who they will draw in round 5
6. No such thing as red and white bees
In response to number 2, they still won though.
They fielded pretty much their first choice XI minus their top scorer Maupay, who came on and scored their winner.