Fake BEES

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Fake BEES

And it was a penalty. And that player may not be there by the end of the week as Villa are after him.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Edd1

Just because I'm a bit of a nerd and was curious I looked it up.

Turns out there are such thing as red bees. Well sort of.

A species called the Red Mason Bee. Tends to live in cavities in brick work. It's actual colouration is more ginger than red so still some debate.

I'm off to be nerdy again.

Carry on as you were.
Norfolk & Chance

Edd1 wrote:Just because I'm a bit of a nerd and was curious I looked it up.

A species called the Red Mason Bee. Tends to live in cavities in brick work. It's actual colouration is more ginger than red so still some debate.

Carry on as you were.
This is why I read the onlybarnet forum !!
MCB

Edd1 wrote:Just because I'm a bit of a nerd and was curious I looked it up.

Carry on as you were.
Now I also checked this out.

Turns out Red Mason Bees are actually Amber and Black.

Google image em.
Psycho

I said there was a 30% chance of getting a London team.

Unfortunately we got the least attractive (no disrespect to Brentford but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon because they've worked their way back up the leagues. That could have been us in 1993 - different circumstances but a bit of empathy. They've drawn West Ham at home AGAIN this season after the League Cup back in September!).
hoppy

One man who will be delighted with the draw is Gary Phillips.
This Bee Legend also played many games for Brentford. He is Barnet through and through and TK should make him a guest of honour at the game.
Mem Beespod

Edd1 wrote:I was initially frsutrated, given what we could have had, but as above, this is winnable. We're at home, playing with confidence, they are struggling, might rest some players. Decent crowd without the scramble. I'll take that.

And also Adam Devlin, guitarist of the Bluetones, one of my preferred bands of the 90s supports them. His twitter feed is always good value when they are playing, would be fascinating to see what he makes of the real bees.
When Martin Allen was Brentford’s manager and I lived in Ealing, I used to go occasionally with my flat mate who was a big Brentford fan. We used to see the members of Hard-Fi at most matches.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
Psycho

hoppy wrote:One man who will be delighted with the draw is Gary Phillips.
This Bee Legend also played many games for Brentford. He is Barnet through and through and TK should make him a guest of honour at the game.
If it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have kept our place in League One in 1993 after the very traumatic summer with the financial problems.

Hoppy is spot on. Gary Phillips is a real Barnet legend. Maybe the biggest for those of long memories. Selling Dave Barnett to Birmingham for £250,000 (?) kept us alive along with the Chelsea FA Cup ties.

Please TK, make it happen! :D
PBBee

hoppy wrote:One man who will be delighted with the draw is Gary Phillips.
Agreed
jerroll

Will depend if he has a game elsewhere in his capacity as Academy goalkeeping coach at Crystal Palace!
MCB

I didn't realise Gary Phillips played so many games for Brentford - yes of course my annual Lester Finch nominee should be guest for the day, in fact, a statue of Sumo should be unveiled. I'd be quite happy to see a stand named after him.

So we must have many Brentford connections? Does Josh Clarke still play for them? Steve Kabba, Martin Allen, erm.. anyone else?

Imagine going to Barnet's first ever football league game and seeing us lose 4-7, then pop back to Underhill a few days later to see us play the fake bees in the league cup only for this to happen...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgEn5ZVT0wI&feature=share
John_c

Let's not get carried away with this winnable talk.

We'll bask in the glory of Sunday for a while, be happy it will be sold out at The Hive for the fake Bees. And hope we put in a display like we did on Sunday - nothing to lose.

Anyone still got a sore throat?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Tuesds

Mr Smart wrote:
Edd1 wrote:I was initially frsutrated, given what we could have had, but as above, this is winnable. We're at home, playing with confidence, they are struggling, might rest some players. Decent crowd without the scramble. I'll take that.

And also Adam Devlin, guitarist of the Bluetones, one of my preferred bands of the 90s supports them. His twitter feed is always good value when they are playing, would be fascinating to see what he makes of the real bees.
When Martin Allen was Brentford’s manager and I lived in Ealing, I used to go occasionally with my flat mate who was a big Brentford fan. We used to see the members of Hard-Fi at most matches.
So Hard To Beat was inspired by Allen’s managerial ethos!
BeesKnees99

John_c wrote:Let's not get carried away with this winnable talk.

We'll bask in the glory of Sunday for a while, be happy it will be sold out at The Hive for the fake Bees. And hope we put in a display like we did on Sunday - nothing to lose.

Anyone still got a sore throat?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Brentford-supporting acquaintance says it’s winnable for us.

I for one will be getting carried away with the winnable talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norfolk & Chance

Quite right.
Let's get carried away, life's too short.
We can deal with any disappointment as and when it comes.