Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby natwilk » 06 Jan 2019, 16:47

When is the next round?
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
natwilk
 
Posts: 1443
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 13:50

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby beew » 06 Jan 2019, 16:49

natwilk wrote:When is the next round?


8.30am
beew
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 17:46

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby Mikel Bee » 06 Jan 2019, 16:51

hoofer2 wrote:Horrible rumour on Sky Sports that Allen is coming back.


Please god no. If that happens think I'll honestly attend the 4th round game and then probably take some time off from watching the Bees. DC has got us playing some lovely football lately and there's a real buzz around the place again. It looks like Currie knows what he is doing. Would be depressing falling back to same old Allen-ball.
Image
User avatar
Mikel Bee
 
Posts: 2867
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 02:23

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby beew » 06 Jan 2019, 17:00

Mikel Bee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:Horrible rumour on Sky Sports that Allen is coming back.


Please god no. If that happens think I'll honestly attend the 4th round game and then probably take some time off from watching the Bees. DC has got us playing some lovely football lately and there's a real buzz around the place again. It looks like Currie knows what he is doing. Would be depressing falling back to same old Allen-ball.


I don’t think TK would be stupid enough to surpress all this positivity by appointing Allen. Leave things as they are for now and see where we are come April.
beew
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 17:46

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby jlay72 » 06 Jan 2019, 17:02

Heard every one of you on tv. Amazing result and well deserved. Give Darren the managers job full time right now. The quality the team has showed in the last 3 games has been excellent. 2nd half of the season will be exciting!
jlay72
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 02 May 2018, 13:36

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby Edd1 » 06 Jan 2019, 17:10

Did I just see that? Did that just happen?

Well apparently I did!

Forget this crap about them being under strength today, this is a club with realistic ambitions on being in the premier league next season. Even their second eleven is going to have serious quality. Be under no illusions this afternoon was one of the great Barnet performances. Every single player gave it everything. Every fan raised their voices. For once we are the story of the FA Cup third round. Soak it up, lap it up, wear your shirts and scarves to work tomorrow, make the most of being the team everyone is talking about. It won’t happen often.

Days like today are why I love following this club.
Edd1
 
Posts: 786
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:45

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby Gromit » 06 Jan 2019, 17:10

Just got home (there are some benefits to living in Rotherham!) after the most fabulous game. One of the best games we've been to. The team were just awesome, they didn't panic and played with such passion. As for the fans, well, we were definitely the 13th man. Big cheers to those of you who didn't stop singing all the way through. It makes a game when there's passion on the terraces too.
Hope you all have a fabulous trip back down south on those coaches and you get home safely.
Bring on the 4th round!
Gromit
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 17 Mar 2013, 19:49

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby kingpinfid » 06 Jan 2019, 17:18

Just been looking at the teams through to the 4th Round. Knowing our luck we’ll probably end up with Oldham or Gillingham away.

But i’d love Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea or West Ham, home or away.

I’d quite fancy us at home to someone like Palace or Newcastle, who are nothing special on the field, but well supported.
kingpinfid
 
Posts: 3159
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 15:16

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby rudebwoyben » 06 Jan 2019, 17:19

kingpinfid wrote:Just been looking at the teams through to the 4th Round. Knowing our luck we’ll probably end up with Oldham or Gillingham away.

But i’d love Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea or West Ham, home or away.

I’d quite fancy us at home to someone like Palace or Newcastle, who are nothing special on the field, but well supported.


At least we’ve never played Oldham before. The worst possible draw would be Accrington Stanley home or away.
User avatar
rudebwoyben
 
Posts: 5897
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Hackney, London E5

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 06 Jan 2019, 17:22

rudebwoyben wrote:
kingpinfid wrote:Just been looking at the teams through to the 4th Round. Knowing our luck we’ll probably end up with Oldham or Gillingham away.

But i’d love Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea or West Ham, home or away.

I’d quite fancy us at home to someone like Palace or Newcastle, who are nothing special on the field, but well supported.


At least we’ve never played Oldham before. The worst possible draw would be Accrington Stanley home or away.


Or would it............?

I'd fancy us us to get to the 5th round if we played like today.

My biggest dream has always been an away tie at Arsenal.
My Dad was a closet Arsenal fan albeit always at Barnet so it was a tie we always wanted.

And with their defence, I'd still fancy us !!
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby Edd1 » 06 Jan 2019, 17:27

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
kingpinfid wrote:Just been looking at the teams through to the 4th Round. Knowing our luck we’ll probably end up with Oldham or Gillingham away.

But i’d love Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea or West Ham, home or away.

I’d quite fancy us at home to someone like Palace or Newcastle, who are nothing special on the field, but well supported.


At least we’ve never played Oldham before. The worst possible draw would be Accrington Stanley home or away.


Or would it............?

I'd fancy us us to get to the 5th round if we played like today.

My biggest dream has always been an away tie at Arsenal.
My Dad was a closet Arsenal fan albeit always at Barnet so it was a tie we always wanted.

And with their defence, I'd still fancy us !!


Yes please to Arsenal. Rest of my family are gunners. They always thought I’d grow out of Barnet. Age 40 it’s not happened yet! Arsenal home or away would be an absolute dream
Edd1
 
Posts: 786
Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 17:45

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby king45bee » 06 Jan 2019, 17:35

I would love accy away great proper football

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
king45bee
 
Posts: 250
Joined: 01 Aug 2016, 17:34

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 06 Jan 2019, 17:38

king45bee wrote:I would love accy away great proper football

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Whoever it is, do share your correct score bet with us. :D
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby king45bee » 06 Jan 2019, 17:44

For a price happy am off to Ladbrokes tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
king45bee
 
Posts: 250
Joined: 01 Aug 2016, 17:34

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Postby hoofer2 » 06 Jan 2019, 17:44

If it has to be a London ground....never been to Emirates, Selhurst Park, New White Hart Lane....
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3400
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 42 guests