Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ricardobee

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

Well done to the manager and the players on a fantastic result. You never know, draw Spurs and it might be off to Wembley!
Rupes

Never in doubt was it?!

Compared to earlier in the season and a fair bit of last, we look like a different team; that first half was the best I have seen a Barnet team for a LONG while. The game plan of hitting Sheff Utd early in behind their full backs, letting Shaq and EMC scare the heck out of them with pure pace, was simple but brilliant; that's how the pen was won, that's why we had all the success we did going forward.

The bar has been set high now - the players have shown the level they can play at and, as the captain said on interview afterwards, the league position is nowhere near where it should be. That's the level we (and the club as a whole) should expect week in week out from the team, whoever is selected. As the Guardian report says, you'd never have known which club was in which league; great, but now go and show that level of performance in the National League. Do and the play-offs are absolutely within reach.

Today also showed the potential of the club; 966 traveled (higher than some home attendances this year), tremendous passion and noise, great support. That support (and interest / enthusiasm) needs to be channeled now, turned into home attendance and getting a good feeling around the club. Today COULD be a turning point, but needs to be managed in the right way.

Those discussions are for another day though, let's just enjoy this :D
BeesKnees99

Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thread

beesknees99 wrote:Theoretically, if United were to field a weakened team, which they almost certainly will, our chances may not be so low.

The league has to be a priority for them, and this is an important stage if they want promotion. Not sure they’d fancy the extra hassle of the FA Cup, and certainly won’t be starting Billy Sharp.

So they field a weakened team and they’re left with a fairly young/unfancied squad that isn’t much better than low League One standard... a la Bristol Rovers... who we beat.

I hope we go in with the ‘nothing to lose’ mentality, I was encouraged by Currie’s words: “we will attack the game”. This is the biggest game of our season so far, and a real chance for our players to prove their worth.

The pressure is on the home side to pick up an “easy win”, and though the odds are still heavily against us, since when is football won on paper?

Perhaps a naively optimistic post, but without any optimism, there’d be no real point heading up there. Yes it’ll be a good day out but let’s remember that National League Lincoln beat Burnley at Turf Moor not so long ago. Maybe it’s our time.
As per the above post... I hate to say I told you so... no wait, I love it!!!! I KNEW WE’D WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

By far the best day I’ve ever had following the Bees. Unbelievable atmosphere. Non stop singing. Stunning, almost faultless performance. An absolutely wonderful day for the club and its fantastic loyal fans. 966 an excellent turnout.

Running out of superlatives.

I hope this transforms our mediocre season. Play like we did today on a regular basis and we’d walk the National League.

CURRIE IN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norfolk & Chance

Bloody hell, that singing at the end was unbelievable.
Great video.
tomrose72

EastBarnetBee wrote:Great noise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3icp751888
Didn't realise DC turned towards the fans instead of watching the penalty.
pgbee

Just back in Sussex after one of the best days in following since 1971 when I've actually attended. Sheffield played with no passion or commitment thinking all they had to do was turn up. They played pretty football with no end product although MC save from header kept us in it - that was the only time they moved it quickly.

Their fans made no noise other than when Sharp came on and I think it worked in our favour that one end was empty, so no home singing focal point. That as stated before is why the Hive has no atmosphere.
Last edited by pgbee on 06 Jan 2019, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees99

tomrose72 wrote:
EastBarnetBee wrote:Great noise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3icp751888
Didn't realise DC turned towards the fans instead of watching the penalty.
Me neither. I adore the bloke, I really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pgbee

Just totally ignored on BBC news, Newport stole the headlines.
SW12 to S18

Well done to Barnet and all the fans who travelled, the best team won on the day. Hope you all enjoyed your day in Sheffield and best of luck in the draw for the fourth round.
CrawleyBee

SW12 to S18 wrote:Well done to Barnet and all the fans who travelled, the best team won on the day. Hope you all enjoyed your day in Sheffield and best of luck in the draw for the fourth round.
Thanks your fans were very gracious in defeat and a lovely gesture clapping us off. Friendly club and I wish you all the best for the season.
Formerly Watfordbee
pgbee

watfordbee wrote:
SW12 to S18 wrote:Well done to Barnet and all the fans who travelled, the best team won on the day. Hope you all enjoyed your day in Sheffield and best of luck in the draw for the fourth round.
Thanks your fans were very gracious in defeat and a lovely gesture clapping us off. Friendly club and I wish you all the best for the season.
Certainly echo that. Friendly in the Wetherspoons beforehand too...
john dockers shorts

Sheffield united fans were very gracious in defeat... Many shaking hands with Bees fans outside afterwards and many just watching the players and us celebrating before applauding the team off.

I'm pleased that many of you had your photos taken with my Tin Foil FA Cup!

What a brilliant day.

My low of ebsfleet and my high of Sheffield united.... Thats why we love this club.
Mikel Bee

pgbee wrote:Just totally ignored on BBC news, Newport stole the headlines.
Not quite the same but there's currently a Bees shirt on the front page of the BBC's website. Not something you see everyday, or ever?
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 22.29.54.png
DerekRocholl

Mikel Bee wrote:
pgbee wrote:Just totally ignored on BBC news, Newport stole the headlines.
Not quite the same but there's currently a Bees shirt on the front page of the BBC's website. Not something you see everyday, or ever?
We were also trending on U.K. twitter today with over 3500 tweets by early evening. I’ve definitely never seen that before.