Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thread

So..... Sunday sees the bees resume their cup campaign away to Sheffield United.

5 club coaches will be making the trip oop north for our first ever visit to Brammall Lane.

A team with premiership pedigree Sheffield will present a stern challenge and it is hoped they will rest some players giving us a chance to pull off an upset.

Made famous by the film "when Saturday comes" a love letter by Sean Bean to his beloved blades. Here is hoping our Sharpe shooters are ready to take advantage of any opportunity which arises and we will not be left with a stark result.

In terms of team line-up I think the time has come to give Shaq some support up front so:-

----------------------------Cousins----------------------------

--J. Taylor----Sweeney---Reynolds--Johnson--

--Elito----Fonguck---Robson---Mason-Clarke--

--------------------Harrison--Coulthirst------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Adams, Tutonda, Alexander, Akinola, Bettamer, Vilhete

Doing this one by club coach looking forward to a good day out.Image
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 02 Jan 2019, 15:57, edited 2 times in total.
ninestein

Re: Sheffield United (Away) The When Sunday Comes Match Thre

5 coaches is quite something for us these days. Well done to all those going up there and here's hoping we can do what we did at Bristol Rovers. Stay in the game, soak up a bit of pressure and maybe nick something we can hang on to.

Unfortunately, I won't be there as my little 9 month old girl is being quite demanding at the moment, and the wife needs my help. Getting to matches is not easy even when we're at home. Here's hoping by the time round 4 comes around.....
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
wearebees

How many fans will we take? Over 500 tickets sold so far.
MCB

I assume Darren's uncle will be in attendance?

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/august ... ny-currie/

Quite a strong link there, even if we share very few players in common. Mind you I suppose we have a room at the club named after a Sheffield United legend in Steve Kabba....
BeesKnees99

wearebees wrote:How many fans will we take? Over 500 tickets sold so far.
Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeesKnees99

Sorry just checked Barnet Twitter, “over 500” that’s great!

My friends and I will be getting a ticket on the day, as I imagine many others will... could we be looking at 600 or more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DerekRocholl

In view of all the uncertainty about coach departure times from the Hive I will be buying tickets on the day too.
pgbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:In view of all the uncertainty about coach departure times from the Hive I will be buying tickets on the day too.
Just to make sure we don't miss a coach we're leaving Sussex at 3.15am in case there are traffic delays ;-) can never be too careful with the M25.
BeesKnees99

Theoretically, if United were to field a weakened team, which they almost certainly will, our chances may not be so low.

The league has to be a priority for them, and this is an important stage if they want promotion. Not sure they’d fancy the extra hassle of the FA Cup, and certainly won’t be starting Billy Sharp.

So they field a weakened team and they’re left with a fairly young/unfancied squad that isn’t much better than low League One standard... a la Bristol Rovers... who we beat.

I hope we go in with the ‘nothing to lose’ mentality, I was encouraged by Currie’s words: “we will attack the game”. This is the biggest game of our season so far, and a real chance for our players to prove their worth.

The pressure is on the home side to pick up an “easy win”, and though the odds are still heavily against us, since when is football won on paper?

Perhaps a naively optimistic post, but without any optimism, there’d be no real point heading up there. Yes it’ll be a good day out but let’s remember that National League Lincoln beat Burnley at Turf Moor not so long ago. Maybe it’s our time.
ninestein

Their first choice strikeforce is starting to click. Basham and Sharp have been scoring in recent games.
But this is the sort of fixture where we could frustrate them even if they do field a strong XI.

I had a dream yesterday that we went 2-0 up and left them shell-shocked at half time. Then it was backs to the wall defending, We conceded one to set up a grandstand finish. Then the baby woke me up at 5am...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
beew

Barnet widely available at 11/1. And a 3-1 win for the bees is a cool 70/1.
NoMagRyan

Has there been any update on what's going on with Mauro?
barnetpete

His cameo the other week was 2 weeks ahead of schedule so hopefully we will be seeing him soon.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
rudebwoyben

That's so funny, I just read that article!