Wood (Hive) Wrestlemania 2: The New Day Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Nudger70

Re: Wood (Hive) Wrestlemania 2: The New Day Thread

We created more in first 10 minutes than we did Boxing Day. Was so much more enjoyable today mainly because of the urgency of the team. I thought Akinola took ball but was a wreckless tackle either way. Borehamwood 300 away fans lol.
Beeznizz

Just watched the Post Match reaction & have to say that Currie really comes across well in the interview.
I’d give him the job permanently.
Masuka

Boring wood literally were awful the entire game and got a pen. Liked the way we played however, on the floor passing and trying to play from the back. TK should give Currie the job. Fan favourite, has the fans backing.. It’s a good way to start.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Psycho

If you'd have said we'd get four points out of six, you would have expected us to draw at Dagenham and beat Boreham Wood.

But an encouraging start for Darren Currie, the style of football and the attendance. I missed yesterday but it sounds very promising.

This is going to be a good year for Barnet FC. A top half finish and winning the FA Trophy at Wembley - I'll settle for that! :D
WinchyBee

Thought Elito was superb today. Mason-Clarke and Akinola look very dangerous too.
jdmckbee

WinchyBee wrote:Thought Elito was superb today. Mason-Clarke and Akinola look very dangerous too.
Yep, Akinola very dangerous in our own penalty box!
We're the West Bank Underhill......
eastbarnetsupporter

Positive performance with minimal 'hoof ball'. Just what the doctor ordered.

I'm sure the many that come for the first time (lots of families in the east stand) enjoyed it and would come back.

One of the best goals I've seen at the hive too.

I was also sitting close to TK and his reaction when we scored was fantastic. Whatever you think of the man, he is a supporter of the club just like the rest of us.
becbee

Missed the match due to family festive break. It sounds like we carried on from where we left off at D&R, which IMO is the most we could have hoped for at this busy period.
barnet34

Right from the off it was evident that DC had changed things. No sign of any hoofball, however some of our passing did go astray but so much better to watch.
The second half was so much different,we finally clicked into gear and played some great stuff, so unlucky to concede a soft penalty at the end. First game I've enjoyed for such a long time, more please.
Roy57

I know Darren Currie has only been in charge for two games but for supporters who had seen all of even one of the games against Gateshead. Maidstone. Ebbsfleet or Borehamwood would agree the last two games has been a huge improvement. Like most supporters i don't expect to see us win by five goals every time and play beautiful football. But just play with pride. Passion. and commitment. Which we have seen these last two games. As one supporter said he actually jumped from his seat instead of normally sitting there bored with his arms folded. And the way DC has come over on his interviews has also impressed me. He is new to management but is hungry to learn and succeed. And it appears even after just two games he has brought out the best in players i myself were not good enough. And I am happy to be proven wrong or a number of these players. He also appears to have the players behind him and it looks like they are also enjoying the style of football DC wants to play. So even after such a short period after JS has retired i believe he should be given the job full time at minimum until end of season and there review the position then.
BeesKnees99

I think the fact we brought 1700 has been understated. Wish we brought that every game. Even 1400 bees would be a good figure. Wonder if the extra 600/700 will return?
letchbee94

Hope this is the end of people saying "Lets get the Borehamwood manager in as manager"
let_it_bee

letchbee94 wrote:Hope this is the end of people saying "Lets get the Borehamwood manager in as manager"
And also the calls for MA to return?
letchbee94

Can't say I have heard many people call for his return but yeah I agree, I personally would like to see DC be given the job.
LoudmouthBFC

Barnet F.C. 1 v Boreham Wood F.C. 1 | DC v TK | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (01/01/19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff9_QYafBZY