Bristol Rovers in the cup

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Bristol Rovers in the cup

Haringey Boro will likely as not be the live Friday match - and quite rightly so. Unless, of course, Salford City have a contract with the BBC.
jerroll

hhbee wrote:Sri Lanka?
indeed.
hhbee

jerroll wrote:
indeed.
Thought as much, remember bumping into you in Perth in 2002
jerroll

hhbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
indeed.
Thought as much, remember bumping into you in Perth in 2002
small world. i remember getting to know lyonsdownbee who used to frequent this forum in a tea bar queue in Kandy the following year too!
adher36

Annoyingly Martin Allen's return was due to be the same day as the second round weekend. With us having a very difficult fixture, whilst Chesterfield having an easy home tie in the first round, it looks as though 1 December will be yet another free Saturday.
Nudger70

Did we play at home them in the 1st round in 1983/84 season
hoppy

Nudger70 wrote:Did we play at home them in the 1st round in 1983/84 season
0 0 draw, lost 3 1 in the replay in the fog. That was at their previous ground.
hoppy

Financially this is a good draw for us. Forgetting all the "Big Club" banter, Rovers will bring a lot if fans to The Hive (is this their first visit since the Noth Stand was built?). I think the game will capture the imagination of the Bees fans as well. There's a good chance of decent TV coverage, and, in reality, we should lose, but losing to a League 1 club is to be expected. However, a win, or even a draw then defeat and we get even more dosh.
One negative for me, though. That bloody Irene song.
I HATE Goodnight Irene.
It's got to be THE most uninspirational of all football songs. Do they sing it just to send the opposition players and fans to sleep?
I shall stand right next to our drummer in the hope he bangs the drum loud enough to drown that bloody awful song from my ears.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:Financially this is a good draw for us. Forgetting all the "Big Club" banter, Rovers will bring a lot if fans to The Hive (is this their first visit since the Noth Stand was built?). I think the game will capture the imagination of the Bees fans as well. There's a good chance of decent TV coverage, and, in reality, we should lose, but losing to a League 1 club is to be expected. However, a win, or even a draw then defeat and we get even more dosh.
One negative for me, though. That bloody Irene song.
I HATE Goodnight Irene.
It's got to be THE most uninspirational of all football songs. Do they sing it just to send the opposition players and fans to sleep?
I shall stand right next to our drummer in the hope he bangs the drum loud enough to drown that bloody awful song from my ears.
Presumably normal league prices will apply to this so there won't be that many bees fans there!! Funny enough I was reading the Gateshead programme from the day we won the league & I was shocked to see according to that Rovers brought less than 700 to the Tuesday night game that season(although that was considerably more than we took there on a Tuesday night!
ccollis_869

I hope TK offers £10 for this game too, or at least another cheaper deal £15 maybe. Get people through the gates!
John_c

Reckless wrote:Nicky scored.

https://youtu.be/Q8pvQzadFNM
Look at that movement off the ball. What a man.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
becbee

Bristol Rovers are having a poor season, only above the relegation zone on goal difference. They've only won 2 L1 matches all season, their only away win was over 2 months ago. With stats like that, the result is far from being a foregone conclusion and it's a match which should appeal to Bees fans far more than a match against non league opponents or many of the boring L2 clubs.

Bristol Rovers may see a match against non league Barnet as being an opportunity to get a win under their belts. Regardless, we''ll see a decent attendance at the away end for the first time this season. Every club bar Fylde whom we've played to date this season has been closer than Bristol Rovers yet we've still had 5 attendances below 126 and an average of 171.
MCB

hoppy wrote: One negative for me, though. That bloody Irene song.
I HATE Goodnight Irene.
Don't disagree with you about much hoppy, but I love that song, well, the Leadbelly version anyway!

Leadbelly wrote the song, he was a genius and we owe so much of the world's musical heritage to him.

Many reasons that Rovers irritate me, but singing that is not one of them!
Masuka

We'll counter their goodnight Irene with Goodnight Bristol Rovers at 5pm :D
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee