Shuttle Bus at Risk..

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Shuttle Bus at Risk..

We are pleased to confirm that the Shuttle Bus will be in operation for this Saturday's FA Cup fixture against Braintree Town.

The Shuttle Bus offers the Bee Army an affordable means of transportation from Potters Bar and Barnet to The Hive London and back again after the match.

Demand for the Shuttle Bus has decreased to a point where we would like review the continued operation of this service for next season.

To help us in this process, all supporters are invited to submit views on this topic at justtellus@thehivelondon.com

This will be followed by a discussion at the next Supporters Liasion Group meeting.
So, if you use it, occasionally, regularly, get on board and email. If you would use it if it was tweaked, email. Or lose it.

My gut response is that this is another short sighted, badly thought out option, therefore the next logical step is:
Demand for the football club has decreased to a point where we would like review the continued operation of this service for next season.
DerekRocholl

Re: Shuttle Bus at Risk..

It seems to me that the Club could probably look at its membership and ticket sales database and come to a fairly accurate set of conclusions about:

1. Customers it could ask directly about the value or otherwise of the shuttle bus. (I suspect the route it takes makes it an irrelevant issue to the majority of us)
2. Customers who have stopped coming to games who could be asked directly why that is the case
3. Customers who have stuck with the club through thick and thin and should be nominated for an award in the New Years Honours list.

In an age of sophisticated use of data for one to one engagement with customers Barnet FC is about as up to date in this area as a stone age person with a rock and a piece of flint.
To bee or not to bee

I’m local so do not use the bus. To me it should be run, even if there is a loss, as recognition of the clubs historic home.
barnetpete

Hiveoccupier wrote:It seems to me that the Club could probably look at its membership and ticket sales database and come to a fairly accurate set of conclusions about:

1. Customers it could ask directly about the value or otherwise of the shuttle bus. (I suspect the route it takes makes it an irrelevant issue to the majority of us)
2. Customers who have stopped coming to games who could be asked directly why that is the case
3. Customers who have stuck with the club through thick and thin and should be nominated for an award in the New Years Honours list.

In an age of sophisticated use of data for one to one engagement with customers Barnet FC is about as up to date in this area as a stone age person with a rock and a piece of flint.
What he said ⬆️
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
John Hunt

I consider it a tax on the move to the Hive of up to three pound per journey which i would not have had to pay if we stayed at Underhill. I use it when i am desperate to be honest.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
jerroll

Wasn't running a shuttle bus one of the planning conditions when we were allowed to move to THL to reduce parking issues?
pgbee

The parking issues are now reduced due to less customers......
becbee

If fans want the service then they need to use it, we can't expect the club to run it at a loss solely for the sake of it.
However if it's under used, why not just cut the 3 buses each way service down to 1 or 2? Get rid of the run which is least used with the hope that those travellers relocate to the other service(s). That way, the limited number who do need it will still have it and will be able to get to matches.
Norfolk & Chance

Run it at a loss?
I was under the impression that the fans who use the bus, who might not otherwise go to a game, purchase matchday tickets, use the restaurant, buy the occasional Bovril and a cheese roll.....etc.
Supermarkets call them loss leaders.
Could this be another example of a potential TK decision that knocks a few more off the gate.
Might only be a few, but it's starting to add up.

Juxtapose this with Braintree laying on a few coaches to get as much support as possible in the hope it helps get them through to the next round.
pgbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Run it at a loss?
I was under the impression that the fans who use the bus, who might not otherwise go to a game, purchase matchday tickets, use the restaurant, buy the occasional Bovril and a cheese roll.....etc.
Could this be another example of a potential TK decision that knocks a few more off the gate.

Juxtapose this with Braintree laying on a few coaches to get as much support as possible in the hope it helps get them through to the next round.
It's not a decision yet, at least officially, canvas opinion then stop it is what will happen.
DerekRocholl

Where do they get the Bovril from ?
PBBee

A fair point really - don’t the winners of Saturday’s tie get £25k? Which is probably about 4/5 seasons worth of takings from the coach.

Personally I’ve only used it once as I no longer live on the route & it used to take too long from Potters Bar but was a good service imo. Surely reducing it to 2 or even 1 rather than removing it all together would be best route to take.
letchbee94

The club don't need to run 3 journeys before and after the game. You could cut out the first 1 from Potters Bar and the last 1 from the hive.
BEEGONE

becbee wrote:If fans want the service then they need to use it, we can't expect the club to run it at a loss solely for the sake of it.
However if it's under used, why not just cut the 3 buses each way service down to 1 or 2? Get rid of the run which is least used with the hope that those travellers relocate to the other service(s). That way, the limited number who do need it will still have it and will be able to get to matches.
Anyone remember when football clubs were for the fans and not the money counters?

Remove a club from its home and now take the bus away from the fans who cannot get to the new ground. Great idea.

The Hive has made Barnet FC too corporate and it has fully lost touch with its fans who arguably have one of the biggest stakes in the club.
Hell we dont even have a supporters club or a voice to the management. The relationship between the fans and the club is nothing more then consumers now. The increase in prices to the terrace proved that.
foxy

It is called a loss leader Mr chairman