Braintree (THL) The Any Old Iron Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Braintree (THL) The Any Old Iron Match Thread

So.... Saturday sees the bees entering the FA Cup at the fourth qualifying round stage, A reminder, if any was needed, of the damaged wreaked by the incompetents running our football club last season.

Whatever round you enter there is always the excitement of the draw; will we be sent to some fair flung region (of the south) will we get to play a club we've never played before. It turned out the answer to both of those questions was a demoralising, no.

Still, facing Raintree on our own impeccable surface does offer some benefits to queuing in a field only to see the match called off. They will be buoyed by their result earlier in the season, we will be buoyed by not having Sparkes or Elito in our team.

This does offer us the chance to take advantage of our two week break and strike while the iron is hot. Although we are not giants of non league, nor iron clad favourites, we have a boss with a steely demeanour willing to test our metal against strong opposition.

In terms of the best team to forge ahead I would go:-

---------------------------Cousins-------------------------

---------Sweeney------Reynolds------Jules-------------

--Mason-Clark---------------------------------Tutonda--

--------------------Fonguck-----Robson-------------------

-------------------------J. Taylor---------------------------

---------------Tarpey---------Duku-------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Alexander, Adams, Walker, Barham

Looking forward to this one, hope we put in a good performance and that we have some of our players back.

COYB's
jerroll

Re: Braintree (THL) The Any Old Iron Match Thread

I'd like to see Mantronics! given a go in goal, Cousins has done well in recent weeks but it would be good to give Rihards some game time in front of a crowd rather than behind closed doors. EMC @ RWB seems a good shout to me as Cheye hasn't lived up to the billing so far!
Bee_Forever

I agree. Rihard or go home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
letchbee94

Just had quick look on Braintree forum and they have 3 coaches so far.
Should help boost attendance anyway.
John_c

letchbee94 wrote:Just had quick look on Braintree forum and they have 3 coaches so far.
Should help boost attendance anyway.
We'll cram them in like sardines in that top corner, obvs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Do we know if our loan players will be allowed to play by their parent clubs?
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Bee_Forever

OB1 wrote:Do we know if our loan players will be allowed to play by their parent clubs?
Provided Reynolds is fit I would judge we could do without Jules. We do count on Duku however.

Given the length of the loan I think there is a fair chance of both being available

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
hoofer2

Bee_Forever wrote:So.... Saturday sees the bees entering the FA Cup at the fourth qualifying round stage, A reminder, if any was needed, of the damaged wreaked by the incompetents running our football club last season.

Whatever round you enter there is always the excitement of the draw; will we be sent to some fair flung region (of the south) will we get to play a club we've never played before. It turned out the answer to both of those questions was a demoralising, no.

Still, facing Raintree on our own impeccable surface does offer some benefits to queuing in a field only to see the match called off. They will be buoyed by their result earlier in the season, we will be buoyed by not having Sparkes or Elito in our team.

This does offer us the chance to take advantage of our two week break and strike while the iron is hot. Although we are not giants of non league, nor iron clad favourites, we have a boss with a steely demeanour willing to test our metal against strong opposition.

In terms of the best team to forge ahead I would go:-

---------------------------Cousins-------------------------

---------Sweeney------Reynolds------Jules-------------

--Mason-Clark---------------------------------Tutonda--

--------------------Fonguck-----Robson-------------------

-------------------------J. Taylor---------------------------

---------------Tarpey---------Duku-------------------------

Subs: Matrevics, Alexander, Adams, Walker, Barham

Looking forward to this one, hope we put in a good performance and that we have some of our players back.

COYB's
Surely Shaq has to start in front of Tarpey? He is finding the onion bag regularly at the moment
ninestein

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/octo ... angements/

Does this mean there is no segregation between the Legends Stand and Terrace this Saturday?
As everyone has paid the same price for all areas of the ground this could make for a good atmosphere.
Maybe we can stand behind the goal when the bees are attacking that end.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
mcleod23

Yep no segregation. Prime opportunity for those who stand to sit one half and then create a kop like atmos second half behind the goal. Be good to get as many behind there whichever half it maybe.
ninestein

mcleod23 wrote:Yep no segregation. Prime opportunity for those who stand to sit one half and then create a kop like atmos second half behind the goal. Be good to get as many behind there whichever half it maybe.
I can see it now, second half the terrace is transformed, packed with the swaying masses of the bee army...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
StephenM

ninestein wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:
I can see it now, second half the terrace is transformed, packed with the swaying masses of the bee army...
I fear the only way you will be able to make this reality is if you get ridiculously drunk before kick off so that you are seeing 4 of everybody and the swaying will be more localised to yourself, creating the illusion that the 4 versions of each person are creating an electric atmosphere.
PBBee

mcleod23 wrote:Yep no segregation. Prime opportunity for those who stand to sit one half and then create a kop like atmos second half behind the goal. Be good to get as many behind there whichever half it maybe.
We always kick downhill second half (towards the terrace).

I’m all for inviting the Braintree fans into the bar but with the legends TVs down it could get quite busy in the main for decent early game on TV
letchbee94

PBBee wrote:
We always kick downhill second half (towards the terrace).

I’m all for inviting the Braintree fans into the bar but with the legends TVs down it could get quite busy in the main for decent early game on TV
Lets hope the club have prepared the staff properly for the both the bar and tea huts.

Fail the prepare, prepare the fail.