Home attendances

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetpete

Home attendances

This is both shocking and disappointing, an indictment not only on how playing poorly doesn’t help but more indicative of our stupid, over complicated, over priced ticketing system.

Make non league football affordable, enjoyable and attractive to entice fans of old and potentially new fans into the ground.

Addressing the falling fans numbers should be a TK priority. This is where the concentration on weddings and other non football related issues seems to frustrate me and other fans.

#tenpoundstwopounds
Attachments
F077FE86-D506-4DA8-8ACF-C9D2F82968E5.jpeg
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
CrawleyBee

Re: Home attendances

Embarrassing.
Formerly Watfordbee
Norfolk & Chance

Well said.
This is why I was so disappointed with TKs comment that ''we're bound to see a drop-off in attendances when we're relegated''.

Home fans of around 900 should be considered a bloody emergency, not brushed off with glib comments.
And then we get the equally glib ''damned if he does, damned if he doesn't'' comments.
He should keep his mouth shut and let actions do his talking.
And I don't mean occasional offers, we need a structural change to pricing and attracting on the day fans.
But how long has this been said?
pauln50

While I can watch a local game for a fiver and get a drinkable cuppa for 50p, it could be a long while before I make that 90 mile round trip again
hoofer2

I don't think it is just down to ticket prices, and this is not the reason I am attending far fewer matches.

Our form in League 2 has been shocking for season upon season with the "we will challenge for Play Offs rhetoric from TK season on season",
failing to materialise on the pitch and often having to watch anti-football week on week, though we did have a brief respite under Edgar Davids.

I have found I enjoy doing other things now rather than watching the Bees. We have been stale on the pitch for too many years, including a few seasons at
Underhill, and the same old, same old has taken it's toll.

I believe the Hive is a stadium that can rock, but the football we pay good money to watch is not up to expectation - I never expected play-offs, but a solid
top 10 finish season upon season would have provided the platform.
amberforever

Just sat in the “Barnet in the community cafe” as I type waiting for my bacon baguette, slurp. Glad to say at least NOW they have an A4 flyer on the wall with our fixtures on. Not exactly over the top advsertising but better than nothing as previously.
Norfolk & Chance

It's not just down to ticket prices but that is a big part of it. As becbee said a few months ago, it's about value for money.
But there's way more to it than that.
Just read the op, that pretty much covers the major issues.
jdmckbee

The tipping point has been reached. For many supporters the reasons for not attending now outweigh the reasons for. It's not just the occasional attendees that have stopped coming, it's the once "core" that are now dropping away aswell. At least with away matches we get more of what the majority of us want as supporters on the value for money side.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
hoofer2

jdmckbee wrote:The tipping point has been reached. For many supporters the reasons for not attending now outweigh the reasons for. It's not just the occasional attendees that have stopped coming, it's the once "core" that are now dropping away aswell. At least with away matches we get more of what the majority of us want as supporters on the value for money side.
Oh....and I lose the battle most weekends of who had use of the car...which does not help matters either.
barnetpete

hoofer2 wrote:
Oh....and I lose the battle most weekends of who had use of the car...which does not help matters either.
Even TK can't help you with that :*(:
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
jerroll

barnetpete wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
Even TK can't help you with that :*(:
Don't give him an idea for a second hand car lot in the members car park!!!
Agewills

Wow, I knew attendances had dropped a fair bit but I didn't expect our average to be 2nd lowest in this league given some of the 'smaller' clubs!
hoppy

Agewills wrote:Wow, I knew attendances had dropped a fair bit but I didn't expect our average to be 2nd lowest in this league given some of the 'smaller' clubs!
Only 20 clubs shown, so we are not 2nd worst....but it is bad and needs addressing by someone.
Now, I wonder who that person may be.
BEEGONE

I think the question we should all be asking ourselves is how are some sides adding to attendances. We ask the negative, how do we stop losing fans.

Clearly they likes of Sutton, Maidenhead and Havent have added significant numbers to the gate in recent years. Whats drawing fans to them? Paying on the gate? Fan engagement? Prices? Style of football? Winning?
John Hunt

Teams on the up versus a team on the slide.

So with our attendances we could be considered to be punching above our weight.

I always see us as a non league club that flirts with the league on occasion and not very successfully.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926