6 years ago today....

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
amberforever

Re: 6 years ago today....

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Yawn.....

It's not like he was Nicky Evans, is it !?!?
Well said : Sir Nick IS another level. 5 reds arrogantly arguing with refs did it for me.
jamiefrbees

he had a fantastic short term impact but would have wound up one of the worst managers of all time had he continued.

Dreadful example-setting from the top. He promoted a brand of egotism only Marsh-Brown could fathom
hoofer2

For me it was how he managed to get "That" team to play like "That"....

Clearly a great man motivator and getting fairly average players to play at a level they did not believe they could. He had time for the youth as well a the seniors.

Who knows what would have been had we beaten D&R and not drawn - in my opinion the game that made it difficult to stay up and not the final day away defeat.

It's a shame he did not have his heart in it after relegation and ego showed where he thought he could be effective as a centre half where he was always beaten for pace
and did not turn up to all away games. If he set himself as the maestro in centre midfield, he would not have got so many cards.
John_c

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Yawn.....

It's not like he was Nicky Evans, is it !?!?
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ricardobee

Never did much for me, obviously a very good footballer but like others thought he was just an arrogant twat.
Did he do much for the club? Maybe added a few to the gate, but where did we end up?
Now Nicky 'GOD' Evans . . . . .
amberforever

He didn’t need sun glasses! We did for the tan though.
barnetpete

For you negatives and Nicky lovers, get lost, this thread is to celebrate Edgar. Loved having him at our club. It was my equivalent of all you old folk going on about Jimmy Greaves. I don't care if he was past it, I don't even care about the second season No1 issue or not travelling antics. For that one season, seeing him in a Barnet shirt is still, in my opinion, TK's greatest achievement.

Take your Nicky Who loving off elsewhere it's not welcome here.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Reckless

Lost your comb Sunshine?
ricardobee

". . . in my opinion, TK's greatest achievement."

Well there is certainly not many "greatest achievements" in the last 20+ years.
I like to see players proud to wear the black & amber, not arrogant twats who think they have to wear the no. 1 shirt.
Mikel Bee

barnetpete wrote:For you negatives and Nicky lovers, get lost, this thread is to celebrate Edgar. Loved having him at our club. It was my equivalent of all you old folk going on about Jimmy Greaves. I don't care if he was past it, I don't even care about the second season No1 issue or not travelling antics. For that one season, seeing him in a Barnet shirt is still, in my opinion, TK's greatest achievement.

:y:

That away game at Rotheram will live long in the memory as probably the pinnacle of that whole period. We were running rings around one of the best sides in the division, 2-0 up and Davids subs himself off. The entire New York stadium rose to give ED a standing ovation as he left the pitch. Classy supporters and a superb away performance.
barnetpete

ricardobee wrote:". . . in my opinion, TK's greatest achievement."

I like to see players proud to wear the black & amber, not arrogant twats who think they have to wear the no. 1 shirt.
P*** off and moan somewhere else.... this is an appreciation thread. We are forgetting his No1 antics, his not travelling to games and anything else that happened in the second season, we are appreciating all he brought to the club that first season.

Go on other threads to moan about TK, i'll join you there for that, this is about Edgar. A footballing legend and icon who wore the Barnet shirt.
Last edited by barnetpete on 12 Oct 2018, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
barnetpete

Mikel Bee wrote:
barnetpete wrote:For you negatives and Nicky lovers, get lost, this thread is to celebrate Edgar. Loved having him at our club. It was my equivalent of all you old folk going on about Jimmy Greaves. I don't care if he was past it, I don't even care about the second season No1 issue or not travelling antics. For that one season, seeing him in a Barnet shirt is still, in my opinion, TK's greatest achievement.

:y:

That away game at Rotheram will live long in the memory as probably the pinnacle of that whole period. We were running rings around one of the best sides in the division, 2-0 up and Davids subs himself off. The entire New York stadium rose to give ED a standing ovation as he left the pitch. Classy supporters and a superb away performance.
:hi:
StephenM

ricardobee wrote:". . . in my opinion, TK's greatest achievement."

He may have been arrogant but the form the club showed in that first season once he joined proved that he clearly had a positive impact on the team. And to be fair to him, even after relegation, at least he stayed with the club following the move to The Hive.
Edd1

The night he was appointed I’d gone to bed dead early absolutely shattered. Switched my phone on the next morning to dozens of messages from bees fans and non bees fans alike telling me the news.

Yes it may be debateable whether he was a success or not. Whatever. A player with Barcelona, Ajax, Juventus and Inter Milan on their CV decided to play for Barnet.

I won’t be forgetting that in a hurry!
MCB

ED was a success. He turned our worst team ever into a play off level team with minimal team changes (himself being the main one) in his first management role.

I'll treasure every moment I saw him play in Black and Amber that first season, as he put everything he had into it.

There were mistakes, 3 out of 4 losses in our last 4 games, and we're not talking about the second season. But it was a hell of a last season at Underhill.