My chat with TK today

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: My chat with TK today

BEEGONE wrote:
OB1 wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:
dpa wrote:As said on here previously by others, TK will tell you want you want to hear. He is a businessman and knows what the fans wants to hear.

Like any businessman, he wants to see his businesses succeed however the fact that we are in the same league that we were in when he took over the club 20+ years ago speaks volumes to me. How many other teams we have played in the league over the last 20 years have pushed on?

It frustrates me when people look at the expanding stadium at the Hive and assume its being built for little old BFC. Its not. TK, as a businessman, will market the venue for whoever wants to use it - the upcoming charity game is an example. We are just a small part of his wider 'empire'.
The seats match our colours, the bars are filled with pictures of club legends, it even says Barnet FC in great big letters on the inside of the stadium... Of course it's built for BFC. If TK wants to lease the stadium out to other sports club which may pull in larger crowds then what's the problem if it doesn't impact BFC?
And the revenues from these other activities in OUR stadium help to pay for OUR football team.
Absolutely zero evidence of this.
I take it you have access to the financial records of the Barnet FC group of companies then.
aclassman

Does it really matter if TK wants to host other events there using the stadium like concerts etc if that produces much needed money to invest in better players to raise the standards to attract the crowds?
Norfolk & Chance

It does if they impact on fans (home or away) on matchday.
If they don't, no problem at all.
aclassman

Your talking about the weddings which are booked well in advanced and well before the fixture lists are arranged.
What's he meant to do? Take no bookings till after the fixture list is sorted then quickly phone all the couples up to see if they can arrange their weddings at short notice?
Don't see fans moan about the car park being used by motorbike training and parents parking their cars to watch their kids playing in football tournaments there and buying refresments in our bars but fans just moan about the weddings!!!
Don't get me wrong, I still believe TK has done a lot wrong especially with taking my Barnet out of Barnet but we have to accept that we will never ever be going back home
Norfolk & Chance

There's nowt so bad as an ex-smoker!

You asked if it was a problem!!
If events other than Barnet playing impact on home or away fans on a matchday, then YES, it's a problem.
There's feck all we can do about it but that doesn't mean it's not an issue for some!

Probably best not to ask questions if there's a fair chance you won't like the answer.
aclassman

I agree with you as a Barnet fan myself but just saying that no one ever complains about the motorcycling training or the car park and the restaurants being used by non Barnet fc football fans when other events are being hosted.

As I have stated before I'm still not a great fan of TK and like any other barnet fan I would welcome a buy out of him if it moves the club forward but just saying that he still has the heart in the club.
let_it_bee

aclassman wrote: As I have stated before I'm still not a great fan of TK and like any other barnet fan I would welcome a buy out of him if it moves the club forward but just saying that he still has the heart in the club.
Better the devil you know....there've been quite a few 'buy outs' of clubs that have got the fans excited at the outset but haven't ended well. (My Orient supporting colleague nods in agreement.)
And have to say I'm not too sure what the problem is with the weddings. I feel a bit sorry for the wedding party sometimes, and wonder whether they were made fully aware that they'd be sharing their special day with a bunch of football fans, but I've never found it a problem at all. Ok, to be fair, I park in the street rather than the car park, so may have missed something, but the car parks often look less than full on match days.
let_it_bee

aclassman wrote: As I have stated before I'm still not a great fan of TK and like any other barnet fan I would welcome a buy out of him if it moves the club forward but just saying that he still has the heart in the club.
Better the devil you know....there've been quite a few 'buy outs' of clubs that have got the fans excited at the outset but haven't ended well. (My Orient supporting colleague nods in agreement.)
And have to say I'm not too sure what the problem is with the weddings. I feel a bit sorry for the wedding party sometimes, and wonder whether they were made fully aware that they'd be sharing their special day with a bunch of football fans, but I've never found it a problem at all. Ok, to be fair, I park in the street rather than the car park, so may have missed something, but the car parks often look less than full on match days.
talldarkslim

If TK is going to continue as the Owner/Chairman until we are in league one he is here for the long term.
shankbee01

Sam_BFC wrote:Does any of the following count as evidence?

Signing one of the best strikers in League 2 John Akinde to a three year contract.
Pinching Richard Brindley from better supported Colchester last pre-season.
Paying a six figure sum for Ricardo Santos (I know we did well from transfers in the other direction, but it is still arguably telling that those fees didn't go towards subsidising day to day losses).
Signing Tarpey where better supported Coventry failed.
Suggestions that we had the 10th highest budget in League 2 last season despite being one of the worst supported clubs.
Pinching players from better supported Aldershot this pre-season (happy to concede that we do have the parachute payment advantage)
Paying transfer fees this pre-season (albeit undisclosed amounts to skint Daggers)

Evidence is not the same as proof of course. Will be interested to read the counter evidence in the interest of balance.
I’m looking forward to the counter evidence too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barnetpete

Sam_BFC wrote: Paying a six figure sum for Ricardo Santos (I know we did well from transfers in the other direction, but it is still arguably telling that those fees didn't go towards subsidising day to day losses).

Sam does put some compelling suggestions but just wanting to clarify one point....

I believe it is widely believed/known/reported since that we didn't actually pay for Santos but that was his agreed 'value' to wipe off the £100k still owed to us by Posh for Matt Stevens.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Tuesds

barnetpete wrote:
Sam_BFC wrote: Paying a six figure sum for Ricardo Santos (I know we did well from transfers in the other direction, but it is still arguably telling that those fees didn't go towards subsidising day to day losses).

Sam does put some compelling suggestions but just wanting to clarify one point....

I believe it is widely believed/known/reported since that we didn't actually pay for Santos but that was his agreed 'value' to wipe off the £100k still owed to us by Posh for Matt Stevens.
That’s a noteworthy detail, but of course it doesn’t change the fact that in effect we spent a six-figure sum on Ricardo Santos. If we know anything about Kleanthous, it's that the alternative to accepting Santos as part-payment for Stevens was not to let them off paying it!
DerekRocholl

shankbee01 wrote:
Sam_BFC wrote:Does any of the following count as evidence?

Signing one of the best strikers in League 2 John Akinde to a three year contract.
Pinching Richard Brindley from better supported Colchester last pre-season.
Paying a six figure sum for Ricardo Santos (I know we did well from transfers in the other direction, but it is still arguably telling that those fees didn't go towards subsidising day to day losses).
Signing Tarpey where better supported Coventry failed.
Suggestions that we had the 10th highest budget in League 2 last season despite being one of the worst supported clubs.
Pinching players from better supported Aldershot this pre-season (happy to concede that we do have the parachute payment advantage)
Paying transfer fees this pre-season (albeit undisclosed amounts to skint Daggers)

Evidence is not the same as proof of course. Will be interested to read the counter evidence in the interest of balance.
I’m looking forward to the counter evidence too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess - sold Underhill for £13.5m - leaves a few quid in his bin.
kingpinfid

aclassman wrote:Your talking about the weddings which are booked well in advanced and well before the fixture lists are arranged.
What's he meant to do? Take no bookings till after the fixture list is sorted then quickly phone all the couples up to see if they can arrange their weddings at short notice?
Don't see fans moan about the car park being used by motorbike training and parents parking their cars to watch their kids playing in football tournaments there and buying refresments in our bars but fans just moan about the weddings!!!
Don't get me wrong, I still believe TK has done a lot wrong especially with taking my Barnet out of Barnet but we have to accept that we will never ever be going back home
Correct, it's a football stadium, not a wedding venue.

It doesn't take a genius to predict that there will be football matches to be played every other saturday after the start of August.

Perhaps wait until the fixtures are released before booking non-footballing events? If that results in too short notice to arrange a wedding, so be it. The football club should have priority use of the FOOTBALL stadium.
NoMagRyan

These arguments go nowhere

The pro TK group - the weddings add to our budget, offset low attendance, allow us to buy better players
The anti TK group - the weddings detract from matchday experience, TK isn't focusing on football, football should come first

Last year it was endless chicken shop arguing. This year it's weddings. What will it be next year?