Harrogate: Spa Trek:The Wrath of Fans Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
To bee or not to bee

Re: Harrogate: Spa Trek:The Wrath of Fans Thread

Golf Delta wrote:So...the team was unprepared for the surface.

If only we had 2 full size 3G artificial turf pitches at The Hive to prepare on..... :grrr: :whistle: :sos:
Where would the kids from the Summer football camp go though if the 1st team commandeered the 3G pitches? You’ve got to look at the bigger picture here you know. :bash:
barnet_pls

I have to say I'm not an advocate of demanding a manger step down after 4 games. He clearly knows how he wants to play and has bought the players to do that. I think he takes his responsibility seriously and is exceptionally honest about his own failings - a rare bit of integrity. So, he now needs to be given the time to get these players playing. He knows we need to defend and to score goals. I would say some players have played on so far - Sparkes, Adams, Robson, Walker, Alexander. Tbh our midfield of Taylor, EMC, Kyei as a combination never seems to have come off last season either
Far far to weak with no cutting edge.
BeesKnees99

rudebwoyben wrote:I just get the impression that this is a job too far for Still and that he hasn’t got the drive and desire to succeed in the way that he did before. He just seems to be phoning it in as a manager; when looking for new players he went for the easy option of taking half of Dagenham’s team and in terms of tactics he’s gone back to 1998.
Absolutely spot on, couldn’t have put it better. It’s clear even by his body language.

Management at its laziest. Time to not only resign, but retire Mr Still, before your legacy ends with you dooming a former league club with a proud history into the NL South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Masuka

I blame brexit and trump for this disaster.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Sam_BFC

What did people who were there think about Harrogate Town and their ground (asking for a friend)?

PS piss poor start to the season from Barnet
#Beebot

barnet_pls wrote:I have to say I'm not an advocate of demanding a manger step down after 4 games. He clearly knows how he wants to play and has bought the players to do that. I think he takes his responsibility seriously and is exceptionally honest about his own failings - a rare bit of integrity. So, he now needs to be given the time to get these players playing. He knows we need to defend and to score goals. I would say some players have played on so far - Sparkes, Adams, Robson, Walker, Alexander. Tbh our midfield of Taylor, EMC, Kyei as a combination never seems to have come off last season either
Far far to weak with no cutting edge.
Given that many of this squad have already played for Still surely they ought to be familiar with his style already?

It's not like his style is particularly difficult for players to understand. His style seems to be generic conservative hoofball deployed by literally hundreds of English managers past few decades.

However unlike the direct play we have also seen under the likes of Allen for example, there's no workrate, organisation or any serious threat in forward positions.
Masuka

Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
BeesKnees99

Outstandingly well written Facebook comment. Have to share:

Well, Mr. Still… it’s like this…

I went to Harrogate Town tonight and despite never having managed a football team in my life, these are my observations… echoed by many fans I spoke to:

You did nothing to stem the continual raids down the left–hand side of your box, from which the first goal resulted and two should have preceded it within the first ten minutes.

Your “team” appeared unmotivated, lacked communication and tactical acumen, as they were outplayed from start to finish, perhaps with the exception of a fifteen–minute period directly before the Harrogate Town goals – during which no chances were capitalised on.

At half time, having been overrun by a team only just promoted to The National League themselves, there was no discernible change.
Having hit the bar (the sixth or seventh time so far this season that the woodwork has been struck); a penalty was then awarded. Not one Barnet player appealed for it, such was the lack of desire to chase any kind of parity. The resulting spot kick would have been more explicable had it been a back pass to the goalkeeper’s hands… an option from the days when your tactics may still have been effective.

Worst of all, having offered virtually nothing to cheer for the loyal support for the third game in a row, you chose to wander past the fans at the tunnel end of the ground. Rather than apologising for the apparent lack of effort and camaraderie, you chose to dismiss fans’ anger with a repeated arrogant “Thank you… thank you…”; when acknowledgment and resolve to do better would have been appreciated. Your team didn’t have the decency to applaud the fans, as they hadn’t after the following dismal “display”. It appears to me that the length of warm down was disproportionate to the efforts during the game – more likely, that they too didn’t fancy engaging in any awkward moments.

Nobody is interested in what you won as yesterday’s man. Football is a contemporaneous passion and there was little in evidence tonight. Mr. Kleanthous has countenanced signing of players who you have knowledge of, but appear unwilling to play for you. The same Mr. Kleanthous whose indecision and lack of judgement have cost the Club dearly in recent times.

Supporters paid £16 or £17 to attend tonight, notwithstanding the cost of travel and other sundries. None will have gone home anything other than disgusted. Supporters support, but they are entitled to expect effort and a clear sense of purpose from their team and that falls upon your direction. They are also entitled to offer their opinion, both when things go well and not.

By all means ignore this, as you did in person…. but let me be clear: there is significantly more chance of relegation at this moment than there is of any potential return to League football… and arrogant as you and your chairman appear to be… that falls on you.

If I have grossly misunderstood, then perhaps you would provide the fans with the courtesy of some explanation, rather than glib acceptance that you have to have a look at yourself. If the instructions are not getting across, then either the players do not believe in you or do not care enough to follow them through – either way, unacceptable.

Where is the man management? In conceding that your team were unprepared and taking that responsibility, we are entitled to ask what will change. Players may eventually return from injury, but that is not likely in the short term and will be too late to save what is threatening to become a disaster of a season. One goal in four games, proffering two points is an uninspiring early return and as I write, Barnet Football Club sit one place above the relegation zone.

Over to you…
Masuka

Why was my post deleted on here?
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Anthony

Masuka wrote:‘Exceptionally poor reflection on my character’

Oh for gods sake. Sticks and stones!!! Didnt realise the age of im offended by everything extended to this forum.
Someone being offended by other people being offended?
talldarkslim

I have been a supporter for longer than I wish to admit. I can honestly say this is the first time it is a total embarrassment. This team is heading for the conference south.
MCB

So points against (predicted before season)

Promotion Candidates: 1/3
Relegation Candidates: 1/9

Not looking too hot.
jerroll

Priority before saturday is a loan centreback to free up one of Robson or Sweeney to play in the middle of midfield or sign a free agent centreback - Bondz doesn't appear to have a club as Still likes to sign players who have played for him before. 442 doesn't work with the midfielders we have at the club so we need to get another man in midfield either by playing 433/451 or 352.
john dockers shorts

I suggest we try and sneak an extra couple of players on. You can pick any formation you like, the honest truth is these players do not have the quality required. They are so limited. I'm pissed off that Still has managed to create such an awful mess.

I'm not bothering to go again, I always feel this way and of course you go.... But this is very different.
Psycho

I can't even be bothered to get annoyed anymore. If we go down again I say liquidate the club and bring us home to form an AFC Barnet team that is back in the town and tell TK to bog off. At least we'd be winning more - look at Hereford FC.

(this isn't a serious post by the way but if things get worse and worse.............).