South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: South Stand

BEEGONE wrote:If this rule is enforced I can see the south terrace been closed even more forcing Home fans and away fans to pay more.

Nice one daggers... :doh:
Or increase price of standing....

We would expect no different when we visit an away ground and the regulations are clearly available.

It's the same as the sneaky way prices were raised in the tea bars without the price increases being visible / advertised. That is also a breach of retail law even though the arrogant tosser running the "Legends tea bar" insists it was not and was very aggressive to all customers who complained. If the signs are not visible, you have to charge the advertised price.
Tuesds

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Also If closing the home terrace would be detrimental to a club's income, it would only be so if the extra money charged to the away supporters didn't cover the missing spend of stay away home supporters. In such circumstances it would be a bit daft to go down that route.
But my point is that we're not charging 'extra money' to away supporters. We're charging them what we consider to be the going rate for covered seating, at the same price as home fans for the same accommodation. We did not invest vast sums in that stand and significantly upgrade the facilities available only so that we could charge those in it the same price as those of us who slum it on the South Terrace.

Obviously if we have to do it we have to do it, but on the face of it there's no way you can cut this that makes it beneficial for the club, nor that does not harm the prospects of protecting the existence of terracing in professional football grounds.
Last edited by Tuesds on 30 Aug 2018, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
John_c

Tuesds wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Also If closing the home terrace would be detrimental to a club's income, it would only be so if the extra money charged to the away supporters didn't cover the missing spend of stay away home supporters. In such circumstances it would be a bit daft to go down that route.
But my point is that we're not charging 'extra money' to away supporters. We're charging them what we consider to be the going rate for covered seating, at the same price as home fans for the same accommodation. We did not invest vast sums in that stand and significantly upgrade the facilities available to those in it only so that we could charge those in it the same price as those of us who slum it on the South Terrace.

Obviously if we have to do it we have to do it, but on the face of it there's no way you can cut this that makes it beneficial for the club, nor that does not harm the prospects of protecting the existence of terracing in professional football grounds.
Hopefully we'll charge double for Borehamwood :-)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
hoppy

Dagenham Supporters Association have now emailed Barnet FC, quoting the rule re charging away fans the same as home fans, and also complaining about the long queues to get in.
The full email from D &R SA is on the D&R Forum (sorry, I've no idea how to cooy and paste it).
beew

hoppy wrote:Dagenham Supporters Association have now emailed Barnet FC, quoting the rule re charging away fans the same as home fans, and also complaining about the long queues to get in.
The full email from D &R SA is on the D&R Forum (sorry, I've no idea how to cooy and paste it).
In this email we sent regarding Barnet who over charged us supporters and the queue outside before kick off and the rule about away day tickets pricing is included for back up so if you went and kept your tickets hold on to them please.

I am sending this email on behalf of the Dagenham & Redbridge Supporters who attended The Hive on Bank Holiday Monday for the Bees v Dagenham & Redbridge match.

We have received numerous communications from our Supporters regarding the admittance prices they were charged, and the long queues experienced at the ticket booths.

I understand that the National League issued a Board directive for season 2018/19 which is contained in the latest National League Handbook, it is on page 178 and is item 5. The directive states

Home Clubs unable to supply a standing amenity to visiting Supporters or withdrawing a standing amenity to visiting Supporters must provide access to an appropriate seating area at the same price as the amenity offered to Home Supporters. Visiting Supporters must not be financially disadvantaged by being asked to pay more for seats where no standing facility is provided for them but is available for Home Supporters.

At the Hive last Monday Dagenham and Redbridge Supporters were charged seating prices even though no terrace was offered. Barnet supporters were allocated terrace space.

It is therefore my belief that our Supporters have been overcharged by £5 (adult), or £3 (concession). I would appreciate confirmation that this is in fact correct and what arrangements you will put in place for any of our Supporters who wish to apply for a refund.

I would like to express my concerns at the long queues experienced by our Supporters attempting to gain entry to the Hive. These delays sadly meant that some of our Supporters missed the start of the game and our GOAL!! My understanding is that orinigally there were 2 ticket booths open, which then went down to one and it is then that the queues started getting longer. Near to kick off 3 - 4 booths were opened, but despite your best efforts, the queues could not be cleared by 3pm.

We had a travelling support of nearly 400 and I wonder what will happen when other teams bring a larger support, for instance Chesterfield and Leyton Orient, who will both bring in excess of 1000 Supporters.

I await your response to the above points as soon as possible.

Patricia Shaw
Secretary
Dagenham & Redbridge Supporters Club
pgbee

I hope we would do similar if the same situation arises. If only we had a Supporters Association. By the way D&R, welcome to our world of THL not functioning as it should, god forbid they tried to get decent beer or food at over the advertised price etc..
John_c

How many of the 400 missed the goal?

What time did the "some" arrive at the turnstile?

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

DerekRocholl

Tuesds wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
But my point is that we're not charging 'extra money' to away supporters. We're charging them what we consider to be the going rate for covered seating, at the same price as home fans for the same accommodation. We did not invest vast sums in that stand and significantly upgrade the facilities available only so that we could charge those in it the same price as those of us who slum it on the South Terrace.

There are rules associated with the League we are in. It’s a question of following the rules or living with the consequences.

The suggestion that the club should close a home terrace so that it can charge more to away supporters but to the club’s overall financial detriment seemed to me to be a rather strange idea.
rudebwoyben

Again, it’s perfectly simple to buy an e-ticket over the web. There’s no reason for anyone to be late.
john dockers shorts

Even if I had an e ticket, you still have to queue to get in. If daggers fans all had e tickets and 2 turnstile open there will still be a long wait!
hoppy

john dockers shorts wrote:Even if I had an e ticket, you still have to queue to get in. If daggers fans all had e tickets and 2 turnstile open there will still be a long wait!
Especially if they were all arguing about the entrance fee.
John_c

hoppy wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:Even if I had an e ticket, you still have to queue to get in. If daggers fans all had e tickets and 2 turnstile open there will still be a long wait!
Especially if they were all arguing about the entrance fee.
Or having a pint at Moranos at 2.45.

Tuesds

Hiveoccupier wrote: There are rules associated with the League we are in. It’s a question of following the rules or living with the consequences.
Good grief. I’m not arguing we should break any rules. I’m saying it’s a shit rule. A shit rule which will harm our club’s income and would, if applied more widely, speed the disappearance of terracing from professional football grounds.

The £5 per head reduction for each away supporter will make a negligible difference to the number of away fans attending over the season (for better or worse, away support is very price inelastic), but it will harm our club’s prospects. It will also probably cost me money via the likely closure of the South Terrace more frequently, forcing me to buy a ticket for a seat when I’d rather stand, and harming the atmosphere at the Hive even further by having the teams shooting towards an empty terrace.

An insistence on the same price for the same facilities is just and logical. Insisting that away fans in a lavish new stand with large bar, impeccable views of the pitch from any seat etc must pay the same as me, peering through the goal net on a tinny Wealdstone FC bus shelter, is shit. Especially when it undermines a major investment my club made in trying to increase its income and thereby keep up with the dozen or more clubs in this league with much bigger crowds than us.
hoppy

But, Tuesds, we HAVE broken league rules.
We must now do the honourable thing and refund the fans of those clubs that we have over-charged.
All fans of visiting clubs should in future be charged £15, or whatever the concessionary rate is.
No knee jerk reaction is needed re the South Stand. Keep it open and keep the price as advertised.
The Club has cocked-up. It should not compound the problem by penalising either away fans or, indeed, home fans.
DerekRocholl

Tuesds wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote: There are rules associated with the League we are in. It’s a question of following the rules or living with the consequences.
Good grief. I’m not arguing we should break any rules. I’m saying it’s a shit rule. A shit rule which will harm our club’s income and would, if applied more widely, speed the disappearance of terracing from professional football grounds.

The £5 per head reduction for each away supporter will make a negligible difference to the number of away fans attending over the season (for better or worse, away support is very price inelastic), but it will harm our club’s prospects. It will also probably cost me money via the likely closure of the South Terrace more frequently, forcing me to buy a ticket for a seat when I’d rather stand, and harming the atmosphere at the Hive even further by having the teams shooting towards an empty terrace.

An insistence on the same price for the same facilities is just and logical. Insisting that away fans in a lavish new stand with large bar, impeccable views of the pitch from any seat etc must pay the same as me, peering through the goal net on a tinny Wealdstone FC bus shelter, is shit. Especially when it undermines a major investment my club made in trying to increase its income and thereby keep up with the dozen or more clubs in this league with much bigger crowds than us.
I’m not defending the rule just challenging the odd idea raised in your first post of compounding the issue by doing something to further diminish the amount of home support.

As the club has been charging the full seated price the strange practice of denying away fans the opportunity to have the best views by limiting the use to one corner of seats is dubious. Obviously it doesn’t affect us but what is the point of giving anyone an inferior product on purpose ?