South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: South Stand

Postby branison » 28 Aug 2018, 06:45

Apparently there is a National League rule something along the lines that if there is no terrace for visiting supporters the host club must not charge them more than they charge their home supporters to stand.

The adult price for the South Stand is £15. The price for the North Stand for visiting supporters is £20.

So, the Club has two options.
1. Only charge visiting fans £15.
2. Close the terracing (South Stand) for home fans.

Now, I wonder what option the Club will take.[/quote]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
branison
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 09:44

Re: South Stand

Postby OB1 » 28 Aug 2018, 12:28

BEEGONE wrote:Away fans missing goals because of slow service to get in...

We really are a strange club!

Whenever I go to a ground where you have to buy tickets at a ticket office before going through the turnstiles I try to get there about 15 -20 mins before kick off. For some reason it always takes longer. I missed the start of a couple of matches in the past because I arrived just before kick off.
User avatar
OB1
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 08:46
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Re: South Stand

Postby Reckless » 28 Aug 2018, 12:39

Everything takes longer at your time of life Old Timer.
User avatar
Reckless
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:53
Location: Potters Bar

Re: South Stand

Postby John_c » 28 Aug 2018, 12:55

branison wrote:Apparently there is a National League rule something along the lines that if there is no terrace for visiting supporters the host club must not charge them more than they charge their home supporters to stand.

The adult price for the South Stand is £15. The price for the North Stand for visiting supporters is £20.

So, the Club has two options.
1. Only charge visiting fans £15.
2. Close the terracing (South Stand) for home fans.

Now, I wonder what option the Club will take.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]See previous comments for the actual rule. It apparently doesn't say that at all.

Football club in ripping off away fans shock. The fake indignation is quite funny.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4930
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: South Stand

Postby John_c » 28 Aug 2018, 12:56

Tsk. Stop it with the being sensible stuff.
OB1 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:Away fans missing goals because of slow service to get in...

We really are a strange club!

Whenever I go to a ground where you have to buy tickets at a ticket office before going through the turnstiles I try to get there about 15 -20 mins before kick off. For some reason it always takes longer. I missed the start of a couple of matches in the past because I arrived just before kick off.


Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4930
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: South Stand

Postby rudebwoyben » 28 Aug 2018, 14:52

They could have bought the tickets beforehand online, which would have ensured that they would have got into the ground immediately. It's really not that hard is it?
User avatar
rudebwoyben
 
Posts: 5897
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Hackney, London E5

Re: South Stand

Postby BEEGONE » 28 Aug 2018, 15:00

Whilst fans can buy online how many other nonleague clubs do this?

It’s a mentality thing, non league fans pay cash at a turnstile. This for example would be alien for fans of top flight clubs who have probably never paid cash at a turnstile before.

I’m not sure why the club makes fans buy tickets at separate windows. What’s the advantage?
BEEGONE
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 06:07

Re: South Stand

Postby barnetpete » 28 Aug 2018, 15:07

Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: South Stand

Postby John_c » 28 Aug 2018, 15:12

BEEGONE wrote:Whilst fans can buy online how many other nonleague clubs do this?

It’s a mentality thing, non league fans pay cash at a turnstile. This for example would be alien for fans of top flight clubs who have probably never paid cash at a turnstile before.

I’m not sure why the club makes fans buy tickets at separate windows. What’s the advantage?
A decent amount of Conference clubs I suspect. This won't be anything new to Dagenham fans.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4930
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: South Stand

Postby becbee » 28 Aug 2018, 15:51

There used to be enough moans in the past at Underhill when fans were delayed getting though turnstiles when there weren't enough open, also sometimes the turnstile operators were slow and struggled to work out correct change!
becbee
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: South Stand

Postby eastbarnetsupporter » 28 Aug 2018, 16:47

Every home game I go to I see a decent sized crowd queuing for tickets looking stressed as kick off looms and they inevitably miss the first 5-10 minutes.

Aside from those who decide last minute (online ticket sales stop at 2.30) or have some very specific issue that can't be done online, there is very little excuse for not buying it online beforehand and you don't even have to print the ticket off, just use your phone to scan in. It literally couldn't be easier.

I appreciate not everyone has a smartphone but they've been around for 10 years now so if you're not up to scratch by now then you can't be saved and deserve the long line at the ticket office. Sorry.

#progress
eastbarnetsupporter
 
Posts: 196
Joined: 17 Sep 2016, 23:08

Re: South Stand

Postby BEEGONE » 28 Aug 2018, 17:00

barnetpete wrote:Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.


All this inconvenience because of a couple of dishonest gatemen.

Not sure this is correct.
BEEGONE
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 06:07

Re: South Stand

Postby John_c » 28 Aug 2018, 17:57

BEEGONE wrote:
barnetpete wrote:Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.


All this inconvenience because of a couple of dishonest gatemen.

Not sure this is correct.
It's commonplace at football grounds these days and was indeed introduced to cut down on "leakage".

Arrive earlier. Its not complicated.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4930
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: South Stand

Postby OB1 » 28 Aug 2018, 18:05

John_c wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:
barnetpete wrote:Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.


All this inconvenience because of a couple of dishonest gatemen.

Not sure this is correct.
It's commonplace at football grounds these days and was indeed introduced to cut down on "leakage".

Arrive earlier. Its not complicated.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Even you are being sensible now. What is the world coming to??
User avatar
OB1
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 08:46
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Re: South Stand

Postby MCB » 28 Aug 2018, 18:31

Book my tickets on the Jubilee Line on the way up and use the bar code on my phone to get in. Never failed or had a problem.

I admit there are some people for whom this is not suitable, but I bet it would similarly be a doddle for most of those queuing.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests